[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 2.7.19

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Feb 8 13:19:41 EST 2019

[/var/folders/11/gcl4ffbs2vq3x71jw5mvfqmh45xkcj/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage001.jpg at 01D4AE63.1F595310]

A Night at the Oscars- It's Hollywood's Biggest Night of the Year, Oscar Night! "And the winner is..." The Oscars is always a night of stars, excitement, and glamour. Sunday, February 24, 2019 marks the 91st Academy Awards ceremony and the Film School's 10th annual  "A Night at the Oscars".  Come join us on our production sound stages where we'll be cheering on our alumni, and maybe even share in the joy of an Oscar win (again!). With another nomination for Barry Jenkins for Best Adapted Screenplay for If Beale Street Could Talk and alum Jonathan King’s role as Executive Producer on both multi-category nominated films, Roma and Green Book, this will definitely be an exciting evening! Go to our Eventbrite site for complete information and to get tickets:  https://anightattheoscarsfilm.eventbrite.com

All free seats for the LA KeyLight screening have been claimed. But fear not! The waitlist is enabled for his event. If you proceed with registering on EventBrite, you will secure your place on the waitlist and as soon as a ticket is released, those on the list will be notified one by one by EB until the ticket(s) is claimed. https://keylightla2019.eventbrite.com

Tickets that are being held back for all ATL positions on these films. We will release unclaimed seats when we hear who is able to attend. There are also tickets being held for members of our Dean’s Alumni Council who also have been asked to let us know if they can make it. Those that cannot will be released as well.

On the night of the event, for any no shows, those tickets too will be released to any present person on the waitlist or waiting onsite.

You can always buy a ticket! Here is the link to purchase a ticket and support HollyShorts:
https://filmfreeway.com/HollyShortsMonthlyScreenings/tickets

Last, even if you cannot make the screening, for whatever reason, please join us afterwards in the theater lobby at Sid’s Bar & Lounge. We’d love to catch up with you.

Projects which will be screened are:

Like Clockwork, BFA Thesis, Parker McBain (WR/DR), Alex Avrakotos (Art Dr), Paige Schexnayder (Anim. Lead)

An Altar of Sorts, MFA Thesis, Brandon Shenk (WR/DR), Xiao Ma (PR), Kennikki Jones (PD), Jonas Schubach (DP), Gediyon Yirdaw (ED)

Hasti Joon, MFA Thesis, Sara Karimipour (WR/DR), Laura Johnson (PR), Tony DeNiro (PD), Rebecca Raymond (DP), Jonathan Bruner (ED)

The End in Sight, BFA Thesis, Erik Kallin (WR/DR), Terry Beck (PR), Grace Stalley (PD), Reid Lauff (DP), Nicole Pacheco (ED)

My Wife is a Chicken, MFA Thesis, Jingjue Li (WR/DR), Yining Xu (PR), Xiao Ma (PD), Jonas Schubach (WR/DP), Tianying Jiang (ED)

The Goat on the Roof, BFA documentary, Erin Smyth (WR/DR), Terry Beck (DP)

Return of the Badge, BFA Thesis, Ben Roth (WR/DR)

Elephants Purr like Cats Do, MFA Thesis, Laura Johnson (WR/PR), Kaleigh Spencer (DR), Sara Karimipour (PD), Jonathan Bruner (DP), Tony DeNiro (ED)

Knock Knock, MFA Thesis, Kennikki Jones (DR), Yingli Cheng (PR), Sean Carroll (PD), Gediyon Nigusse Yirdaw (DP), Samuel Bellamy (ED)

We’ll have a large contingent from the Film School in LA February 25 – March 1: Reb Braddock, Andrew Syder, Dr. Valliere Richard Auzenne, Gregg Marcks, Brenda Mills, Sabrina Reisinger and me.   Hope many of you can come to give Vall your best wishes for her retirement, which was effective February 1.   Also, Chris Alender who spearheads the Film Forums on behalf of the Dean’s Alumni Council, is trying to pin down guest(s)  for a Forum on Wednesday night, February 27 at Soapbox in Burbank.  Hope to have more news on the Forum very soon.

David Robert Mitchell (MFA 02)  is one of the 25 hot directors on this list: The 25 Biggest Actor-Director Pairings to Get Excited About in 2019.  From Jordan Peele and Lupita Nyong'o to Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro, these are the film collaborations that need to be on you radar.  See the article in Indiewire at:
https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/25-biggest-actor-director-pairings-2019/#!17/2018-afi-fest-under-the-silver-lake-los-angeles-usa-12-nov-2018/. )

Netflix Nabs Hilary Swank Starrer I Am Mother!  Written by Michael Lloyd Green (MFA 08)! Read the article at https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hilary-swank-movie-i-am-mother-goes-netflix-sundance-2019-1183330?

From Ben Epstein (BFA 09):  “Seth and Ben Epstein (Seth MFA 13)  have a feature permitting at SXSW. Very proud to announce our film “Something Like Loneliness” will have it’s world premiere at the SXSW film festival. I co-directed this labor of love with my big hearted brother Seth Epstein, the serious one; watched a true artist Vinogradova Sasha at work handling so so much. Our whole team was brilliant from Benjamin Verhulst 's (BFA 09)  execution and eye as a cinematographer, Ryan Dowler's mind clenching beautiful words, to Brent Wiggins ' sharp editing and quirky score he slipped in the movie because he knew I’d love it. Job Jaime (MFA 13)  for always showing up and making art from nothing, and being one of the toughest sweetest dudes on earth. Also, to the rest of the crew that took the time to make this happen,  thank you for having fun with us and enjoying the waves. I really couldn’t be more thankful to Seth calling me over that day and asking me to take this ride with him, and all of the people involved along the way.”

Brenda Mills, the Film School’s Festivals and Events Coordinator, is a Grandma!  Isreal Diaz was born to Haven and Rafael Diaz, at home, right next door to Brenda’s house.  Brenda is going to be the best grandma ever!

Andi Isaac was the Head of Physical Production at Summit Entertainment (overseeing the likes of the the Twilight movies and the Hurt Locker  and was a big-league Hollywood fixer for many years.   Andi  has been teaching OLLI classes at FSU for the past few years. Last year, she gave a talk to our students on women in Hollywood and we’ve invited her back to teach a course on Studio Production this semester (for both undergrad and graduate students). It will be great to have her around!

Tallahassee's own Man-Moth releases self-titled album.  Originating in Tallahassee, Man-Moth is currently thriving in Brooklyn. The trio, Patrick Saxer (BFA ADA 18) , Karl Vieweg and Grayson Goga (BFA ADA 18) , caught up with FSView.  https://www.fsunews.com/story/entertainment/2019/01/27/tallahassees-own-man-moth-releases-self-titled-album/2689338002/

From Rodrigo Rocha-Campos (MFA 05). “Life is going well here in Canada and I've just started shooting my fifth screendance project - Chapter V. We have shot one day of photography and will resume for a 2-day shoot early February. The theme this time is on mental health, loneliness and addiction. It has been quite exciting for me the transition from cinematography to directing/writing/producing my own content and I'm hooked on the creation process from concept to finished project. Obviously, I'm a cinematographer at heart, but increasingly becoming less focused on equipment and more focused on aesthetics and feel. A Full Circle: Movement #3, perhaps the most successful one so far in terms of international screenings. I've had the pleasure to attend a few of them such as: San Francisco Dance Film Festival, Berlin's POOL 17 and the IV International Meeting on Screedance in Valencia, Spain. Needless to say, I was in heaven!”

From Zach Ogle (BFA 13). “Hey FSU fam! The podcast Haley Manrique (BFA 12)  and I have been working on for almost a year is finally dropping Wednesdays on Revry, iTunes, and Soundcloud! We're Not Together is an LGBTQ, sex-positive comedy podcast, each with a new "straight-of-the-week" (including several FSU alums: Eric Jaffe (BFA 13), Cole Marshall, Carlie Craig, and Emily Pearse) who gets to ask one judgement free question. As the show goes on we feature more queer people as well: sex educators, kinksters, bi guests, etc.
Links:
Revry<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__revry.tv_channel_were-2Dnot-2Dtogether-2Dseason-2D1_video_1-2D19_-3Ffbclid-3DIwAR2Bf-5FQjsIhl4dDeoM-2DIovCNENaPnVC8IvgwOvldGKr8X-2DheE1mi1Xmdm-2DE&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=1Ri94a4NO-GLKVsL6Jsa0rsM1DeiF6_to6z12r6j_ss&s=MizXMSgwlJeedg5nrBk3o8eFv0Hu8eWwwJDSI8L75ug&e=> (use code: TOGETHER for 25% subscription & new episodes ahead of time)
iTunes<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__itunes.apple.com_us_podcast_were-2Dnot-2Dtogether-2Dwith-2Dzack-2Dand-2Dhaley_id1450450438-3Fmt-3D2-26fbclid-3DIwAR08eZL2hYFEN5FJxuV-2DZJaCgYNT1hd3zr3jSVdCIMM7qJZJD8GLAxYtD6Y-23episodeGuid-3Dtag-253Asoundcloud-252C2010-253Atracks-252F567226374&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=1Ri94a4NO-GLKVsL6Jsa0rsM1DeiF6_to6z12r6j_ss&s=qCDqtQZJCKsrs6CQE4PjGG-Pk85eWdgVPyCHqkb07UA&e=>
SoundCloud<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__soundcloud.com_nottogether&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=1Ri94a4NO-GLKVsL6Jsa0rsM1DeiF6_to6z12r6j_ss&s=Sy4Ec0xIQEcLIlKS6dqNdi6YaqpeGIs1v4Xm9_k-gzM&e=>
A listen, subscription, share, or review  would honestly mean so much to us! You can also follow the show on social media :
Insta- @nottogetherpodcast, Twitter- @nottogethercast

From Carissa Dorson (BFA  11) “A comedy feature that I shot, "It's a Party," is now streaming on Showtime (starting Feb 1st). You can check out this link for more info on where to see it: https://www.sho.com/titles/3463366/its-a-party<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.sho.com_titles_3463366_its-2Da-2Dparty&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=oTorMydeJCi1D62Cl3CHjE2JzbFloGQcguIX_wEXe6U&s=kH0W8R-IBLi7QVdIQny7SKObgYB4t1e31tVpoCrPAOg&e=>
We shot this film on a micro-budget and I'm so proud of it.  I had a good amount of FSU family supporting me in the crew, including Will Sampson (BFA 09) as steadicam op, Nicola Newton (BFA 15) as 1AC, Dana Fytelson (MFA 14) as 2AC, and Aaron Pagniano (BFA 12) as Gaffer. It was also costume designed by Laura Cristina Ortiz.  We had a lot of fun on the shoot!

Congratulations to Brandon Shenk (MFA 18)  whose script Agape, is advancing to the quarterfinalist round of the ScreenCraft Family Contest.   The new working title is Portrait of a Young Man.

Ali Bell (BFA 98) heads up Paramount Players and wants you to go check out their latest release:  “If you need a good laugh this weekend or have been wondering what I’ve been thinking for the last year, go see WHAT MEN WANT this weekend! Enjoy!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HeoLiTirRp4<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__m.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DHeoLiTirRp4-26fbclid-3DIwAR0NiOv4wGHTuRKw2NupYOn2ymcxUOh0ccxtQjWIIrqANp2PNRbeMBrLSfA&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=cZagGBls1XmKXClMf1PJz_AVaNbwy8Zr60y_L0Rzl-I&s=bQQxJeCqRHPrT9UrODyv7PIV8gWlzDEChDZObhN2qSo&e=>.”

Jonathan Stone who is Head of Visual Effects for the Film School was on leave in the late summer keeping current with the industry by working as a VFX Producer for Powerhouse in NY.  Two of the films he worked on were Glass and Second Act, and both are in the theaters now. Fun fact - Erik Kallin (BFA ADA 18) also work with Jonathan at Powerhouse as a visual effects compositor on these two films.

Frank P. Tomasulo, former Film School BFA Director and Head of Film Studies, just published Michelangelo Antonioni: Ambiguity in the Modernist Cinema (Lambert Academic Publishing, 2019). The book is a career study of the famous Italian film director.

From Josh Smooha (BFA 12). “I got hired to write my first professional writing gig. Freelance episode for Amazon's "If you give a mouse a cookie"!

From Kelsey Scott:  “Congratulations to our amazing family of artists for 19 Indie Series Awards nominations and 9 Daytime Emmy pre-nominations!! I am grateful and giddy to be in that number, for my role as Sadiyah Siobahn in Giants.  And this train is still moving, y’all. We’re headed to Cleo TV!”  Note:  The show was created by and stars FAMU alum James Bland. And is produced by FAMU alum CJ Faison.
Andrew Williams (BFA 98) posted the following on Facebook this week and I asked him if I could share in the Warren Report. “20 years ago today, I arrived in California. It was rough going at first - I didn't have a bed for a year - but I knew that this was home from day one. Part of that was the fortune to be surrounded by four incredible people - Chris Alender<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_chris.alender-3F-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3D-252CdK-2DR-2DR-26eid-3DARB8DnDDU00-5FK759pEVrlU-2Ded-2DQVgdt2H-2DI1DtNvFGr1FPdBjjCq8xekI5xfW0Nhd-2DBHj6V3ctPwWEmv-26fref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=PTwftLN1SaRyGSBZPCry3IwIMBCnjqpOx3jXHYgtqEg&s=mLyzR_dxcmt2WbWCYOUMHY89osM32PGccBvS-fEXv2A&e=>, Katie Alender<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_katiealender-3F-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3D-252CdK-2DR-2DR-26eid-3DARBKseBsLWZ3h9gZG2VS9PZVTHkPgV54EswY1tMI9jHI7RrAHAzqcj8e8lTqAB-2D4qxkKa6GnNoi9TAfC-26fref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=PTwftLN1SaRyGSBZPCry3IwIMBCnjqpOx3jXHYgtqEg&s=9lvjd-W0uwha_GJwVjYgw_fT-_tMLNEixxdo2XD-ehc&e=>, Jason Bierfeld<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_jason.bierfeld-3F-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3D-252CdK-2DR-2DR-26eid-3DARBHXsk4GlWEE4J7pQpMFQZ17sNtNZCyXsueOsPJk-2DkHXWrQ0QIkjW2F5GHOVT-2DaAAh82GnilAQhccrP-26fref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=PTwftLN1SaRyGSBZPCry3IwIMBCnjqpOx3jXHYgtqEg&s=3Q6R53BALCdHmXBn_NcnckLiFQc-6Z4oiq6DHXaLa_s&e=>, and Marissa Messier<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_marissa.messier-3F-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3D-252CdK-2DR-2DR-26eid-3DARA-2Dk0fkETGPsEjvBV-2DoulPSABaPdXjp-2DLCkp64FYM8o4oL9V7lOlsm5eYYQgi-5FMCa0vVqNvrXy2Sv8l-26fref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=PTwftLN1SaRyGSBZPCry3IwIMBCnjqpOx3jXHYgtqEg&s=fj1zo8GOmKI8FNT49AncNHgDAVzybjDSq0DxNYn6YYY&e=> (all BFA 98)  - right from the start, and I wouldn't have made if not for their love and support. This place, this golden state, has been so good to me and I am eternally grateful for the way my life has turned out.”
From Drew Aveling (BFA 98 ) “I recently launched www.siitch.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.siitch.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=kfmja0RoZrHuoy5gPLc2CYkdpzdd_qPcyKc_F_Yw2AY&s=RalXQAyv3y0MRfNdA4t8Z2fay0QuD4n7nFSGQaoYrCw&e=>. It's short for 'situation.' Think Evite but food focused. Beyond being useful for social events like birthdays and bridal showers, it should solve a lot of problems for crafty. Goal is to save everyone time and money, keep folks safe, and reduce food waste. It lets you send invitations and collect everyone's diet needs in one easy step. No more wondering how many on your crew are gluten free, vegetarian, or who has an allergy. No more annoying email chains re: 'who can eat what.' It neatly summarizes the info, which you can share with caterers, or just use to make smarter buying decisions. There's tons of recipes solutions on the blog. I almost lost my stepsister to an allergy. Just paying it forward.”

From Austin Baur (BFA ADA 16). “almost two years now I have been working at Bento Box Entertainment in Atlanta on “Moon and Me”, the next big preschool television show from the creator of Teletubbies. Our first episode airs today on BBC in the UK! It is exciting to say the least. We should be airing in the USA soon. Here is some press about the show:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/moon-and-me?ns_linkname=corporate&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_mchannel=social

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/28/moon-and-me-the-new-baby-tv-show-from-the-genius-behind-teletubbies

https://inews.co.uk/culture/meet-the-new-teletubbies-moon-and-me-is-latest-cbeebies-series-from-jk-rowling-of-pre-school-tv/

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/moon-and-me-sheffield-s-starring-role-in-new-hit-cbeebies-tv-show-1-9563465
I've had the privilege of contributing to the show as a compositor, online editor, and colorist. Becoming a colorist is not the direction I imagined my career taking, but I had the opportunity to train one-on-one for several weeks with a very talented colorist named Harry Conquest in London. He taught me a lot about the craft and so far am really enjoying it. I'm excited to see where this skillset can take me next. Quite a few other ‘Noles have worked on this project, including Aubrey Danielson (BFA  14), Mary Kate Broadway (BFA ADA 17) , Geri Ingall (BFA 17) , Austin Tyler (BFA ADA  17), Jared Hopkins (BFA 17) , and Gabi Arnold.”

List of the Best Documentary Grants to Fund Your Film:  http://www.filmdaily.tv/grants/list-best-documentary-grants-fund-your-film?fbclid=IwAR0CfH1bFifPWCCBhh3lJEs-NUw7sEkyQjTv95fFPdBmU51vQFmjLDgws58
My computer locked up this yesterday so had to force quit, and everything came back except the Warren Report.  I’ve tried to put it back together, but if I’ve missed something you wanted to share, please let me know.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – February 7, 2019

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) was awarded Best Sound at the Laugh or Die Film Festival in Gatlinburg, Tennessee last May. We just found out! For more information about this festival, go to http://laughordiecomedyfest.com/.

Hasti Joon (MFA Thesis 2018 Sara Karimipour) was selected for screening at the Laugh or Die Comedy Fest in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on April 27. For more information about this festival, go to http://laughordiecomedyfest.com/.

The Invisible Man and the Blind Girl (MFA Thesis 2018 Xiao Ma) was a Finalist in the December edition of the European Cinematography Awards. For more information about this competition, go to http://europe.cawards.org/.

Flag Duty (BFA F3 2018 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Charlotte Black Film Festival, April 4-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com<http://www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com/>.

Red, White and Navy (BFA Documentary 2018 Royce Marnell) was selected for screening at the Fair Winds Veterans Film Festival in Marietta, Georgia, April 27-29. For more information about this festival, go to http://travelfarproductions.com<http://travelfarproductions.com/>.

Hasti Joon (MFA Thesis 2018 Sara Karimipour) was selected for screening at the Golden State Film Festival in Los Angeles at the TCL Chinese Theaters, March 22-28. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.goldenstatefilmfestival.com/.

Mind Over Manor (BFA Documentary 2018 Noah Paradiso) was selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia on February 15. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.westga.edu/academics/coss/mass-communications/undergrad-film-fest.php.

Standardized Heisting (MFA Thesis 2018 Jake Hutchison), The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead), Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu), Amor de Madre (MFA D2 2018 Wasly Castillo) were selected for screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Pete, Florida, April 25-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com<http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com/>.

Killer Kart (MFA Thesis 2012 J Feeney), The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro) and Siphon (MFA Thesis 2018 Anthony DeNiro) were invited to screen at RavenCon in Williamsburg, Virginia, April 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.ravencon.com<http://www.ravencon.com/>.

An Altar of Sorts (MFA Thesis 2018 Brandon Shenk) and A Familiar Stranger (MFA Thesis 2018 Yining Xu) were selected for screening at the Beverly Hills Film Festival, April 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com<http://www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com/>.

Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the inaugural monthly Dumbo Film Festival in Brooklyn, March 8-9. For more information about this festival, go to

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Flag Duty (BFA F3 2018 Raymond Knudsen) and AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) were selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, April 10-14. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com<http://www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com/>.

The Brother (MFA D1 2018 Alex Argiles) was selected for a monthly screening of the Miami Independent Film Festival (Mindie). For more information about this festival, go to http://miamindiefest.com/.

Knock Knock (MFA Thesis 2018 Kennikki Jones) was selected for screening at the Final Girls Berlin horror film festival in Germany, January 31 – February 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://finalgirlsberlin.com/.

Sink or Swim (BFA Thesis 2017 Justin Burt) was selected for screening at the Tally Shorts Film Festival in Tallahassee, January 24-26. For more information about this festival, go to www.tallyshorts.com.

Splinter (BFA F3-2018 Brady Holcomb), Wiener Roast (BFA F3 2018 Emma Landeche) and Reformed and Retweeted (BFA Documentary 2018 Siara-Lauren Brown) were selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia on February 15. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.westga.edu/academics/coss/mass-communications/undergrad-film-fest.php.

My Wife is a Chicken (MFA Thesis 2018 Jingjue Li/Jonas Schubach) was selected as one of the best films of the year and will compete for a Golden Eagle Award on February 2nd at the yearly European Cinematography Awards in Amsterdam. For more information about this competition, go to http://europe.cawards.org/.

Flag Duty (BFA F3 2018 Raymond Knudsen), My Landline (BFA Documentary 2018 Evan Barber), The Lost Pendant (BFA F3 2018 Melissa Slizewski), Woman of Steel (BFA Documentary 2018 Chris Violette), Red, White and Navy (BFA Documentary 2018 Royce Marnell) and The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead) were selected for screening at Love Your Shorts in Sanford, Florida, February 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to www.loveyourshorts.com<http://www.loveyourshorts.com/>.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening at the Hayti Heritage Film Festival in Durham, North Carolina, February 14-16. For more information about this festival, go to https://hayti.org.

Bomb Shell (BFA F3 2018 Ryland Carlin) was selected for screening and will be an award-winner, and Mermaids (BFA Documentary 2018 Geena Hernandez) will be awarded Best Florida Student Documentary at Et Cultura in St. Petersburg, Florida, February 13-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.etcultura.com<http://www.etcultura.com/>.

Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity) was invited to screen at the Sembene Film and Arts Festival in Pittsburgh on February 28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.sembenefilmfestival.org/.

AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Pensacon Short Film Festival in Pensacola, February 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to http://pensacon.com/events/short-film-festival.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) were selected for screening at Queer Screen’s Mardi Gras Film Festival in Sydney, Australia, February 13-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.queerscreen.org.au.

Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity) was invited to screen at the Sembene Film and Arts Festival in Pittsburgh on February 28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.sembenefilmfestival.org/.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Smoked (MFA D2 2017 Jonas Schubach), Cruisin’ (BFA F3 2018 Brandon Knack), The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart), Common Unity (BFA Documentary 2018 Josh Devaughn/Zach Freeman) and Harmony (BFA F3 2018 Tyler Kula) were selected for screening at the South Georgia Film Festival in Valdosta, March 1-3. For more information about this festival, go to www.southgeorgiafilm.com.

Woman of Steel (BFA Documentary 2018 Chris Violette) is nominated for a College Television Award (Student Emmys) in the Loreen Arbus Focus on Disabilities category. We know it’ll win because it’s the only nominee. The awards ceremony will take place March 16th in Los Angeles. For more information about this competition, go to http://www.emmys.com/foundation/programs/cta.

The Orthodontist’s Son (BFA F3 2018 Stephen Musumeci), The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 YuYing Chien) and Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu) were selected for screening at the Gasparilla Film Festival in Tampa, March 19-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.gasparillafilmfestival.com.

My Landline (BFA Documentary 2018 Evan Barber) and Woman of Steel (BFA Documentary 2018 Chris Violette) were selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival (AmDocs) in Palm Springs, March 29 – April 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.americandocfilmfest.com<http://www.americandocfilmfest.com/>.

Knock Knock (MFA Thesis 2018 Kennikki Jones) was selected for screening at the Third Eye Film Festival in New York City, March 29-31. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.thirdeyefilmfest.com/.

Enyol the Luminary (BFA F3 2018 Elyse Carley), Open Up (BFA F3 2018 Savannah Berube), Look Past (BFA F3 2018 Jessica Kirby), The Portrait (BFA F3 2018 Nicole Low), The Feeling of It (BFA Thesis 2018 Erin Smyth), The Girl and the Bird (BFA Thesis 2017 Emily Mills), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish) and Hedge Hero (BFA Thesis 2016 Lauren Hammond) were invited to screen at a special Broward County Library event featuring women in animation titled “Colorful Language: Women in Animation” on March 9 in Coconut Creek, Florida.

The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead), Space Race (MFA D2 2018 Billy Kalstrom), My Landline (BFA Documentary 2018 Evan Barber), Nothing to Fear (MFA D2 2017 Ellen Marmol), Splinter (BFA F3 2018 Brady Holcomb) and AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) were selected for screening at the Fort Myers Beach Film Festival, April 24-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.fmbfilmfest.com<http://www.fmbfilmfest.com/>.

The Misadventures of Riley and Jess (BFA F1 2017 Chayse Banks), Re-Dickulous (MFA D1 2017 Dani Fiondella), Inked (BFA F3 2018 Kyra Gardner), Wiener Roast (BFA F3 2018 Emma Landeche), Grandma Eunice (BFA Thesis 2018 Rob Bevis) and AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Laugh or Die Comedy Fest in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on April 27. For more information about this festival, go to http://laughordiecomedyfest.com/.

Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the NYC Independent Film Festival, May 5-12. For more information about this festival, go to http://nycindieff.com.