[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 5.24.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu May 24 12:09:07 EDT 2018

THE 2018 IFP DOCUMENTARY LAB FELLOWS ANNOUNCED INCLUDE:

Socks on Fire: Uncle John and the Copper Headed Water Rattlers A failed poet takes up cinematic arms when he returns home to Hokes Bluff, Alabama to discover that his aunt has locked his drag-queen uncle out of the family home. Through a series of stylized reenactments and an editorial investigation into family VHS footage, Socks on Fire documents the fluidity of identity, personality, and performance in one particular place, among one particular family. Bo McGuire (Writer, Director), Tatiana Bears (Producer), Max Allman (Editor).  Tatiana and Max are both BFA 13.

2018 IFP NARRATIVE LAB FELLOWS ANNOUNCED INCLUDE:

1982 An 11-year-old boy is determined to tell a girl in his class that he loves her but has trouble finding the courage to do so until the unexpected occurs; an air invasion reaches Beirut and the school is being evacuated. He gets even more determined. Oualid Mouaness (Director, Writer) (MFA 97) .

From Brett Jacobsen (MFA  ). “I wanted to give you the specific info on the CNN Original Series “1968". I was the editor on the first episode “Winter” and I did some additional editing on the “Spring” and “Summer” episodes. It’s a four part series that will play this Sunday and Monday nights on CNN.The schedule is as follows:
May 27th (This Sunday):
“Part 1: Winter" at 9pm  <— My episode
“Part 2: Spring" at 10pm
May 28th (This Monday):
“Part 3: Summer” at 9pm
“Part 4: Fall” at 10pm.
I hope you get a chance to check it out.”

From  Sylwia Dudzinska (MFA 09). “I’ll be joining the  “You’re the Worst” folks for Season 4 as their 2nd 2nd AD all the way through September.