[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 5.3.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu May 3 14:12:22 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D3E2DD.91A5FA60]

Looking forward to seeing lots of alums at our two NY events – the screening on Tuesday, May 8 – see above.  No charge but please rsvp to sreisinger at fsu.edu<mailto:sreisinger at fsu.edu>.  Reb Braddock, Andrew Syder, Lisa Tripp, Brenda Mills, Sabrina Reisinger and I will be at both events, as well as meeting with alums at other times during the week.   On Monday, May 7, the Film School group will be at McMahon’s Public House (following our meeting with the Dean’s Alumni Council) around 9:30 PM.   Come join us for dutch-treat drinks and time to catch up!  McMahon’s is a block from the Barclay Center,  http://mcmahonspublichouse.com/.

And our Film Forum on Sunday, May 6 in Brooklyn, see below.  No charge but you must sign up to attend:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/forum-making-a-first-feature-tickets-45180098892

[cid:image002.png at 01D3E2DD.91A5FA60]

Congratulations to Valerie Scoon, Producing faculty member at the Film School, who has been awarded a Research Support Grant of $3,000 by the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University for her project, "229 Arch Street: Women Physicians and Women's Rights”.

“10 Best Colleges for the Experienced Cinephile.  Prepare to walk the red carpet at these 10 schools with nearby movie theaters, passionate film clubs, famous movie sets, prominent film festivals and award-winning alumni. Without further ado… Enjoy the feature presentation of the top 10 colleges for the experienced cinephile”  https://www.collegemagazine.com/10-top-colleges-for-cinephiles/
.
From Carissa Dorson (BFA  11) The comedy feature that I shot last year, "It's a Party," is coming to LA on May 9th! It was my first feature film as director of photography, and I was lucky to have a lot of my FSU crew supporting me, including steadicam operator Will Sampson (BFA 09), 1AC Nicola Newton (BFA 15), 2AC Dana Fytelson (MFA 14), and Gaffer Aaron Pagniano (BFA 12). Tickets to the L.A. screening are available here:  http://festival.vconline.org/2018/films/its-a-party/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__festival.vconline.org_2018_films_its-2Da-2Dparty_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=0cFFs_KlceqJb_835fE2mS-kQwMrNj-Cimn3BTPzS7g&s=1s9qW1da0eWI_zPwXTdQMddF32lw7rw6MEKXTv0rsuc&e=>
It also got a nice write-up in The Hollywood Reporter: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/a-party-film-1099167<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.hollywoodreporter.com_review_a-2Dparty-2Dfilm-2D1099167&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=0cFFs_KlceqJb_835fE2mS-kQwMrNj-Cimn3BTPzS7g&s=kAQz8Cd8bnTkuoZ43APjHeZvvmyM-CZdLwcTWaBdSos&e=>

From Jason Mauer, Film School Digital Animation faculty, “I wanted to share with you all a P.S.A. I just finished for the florida based organization Lauren's Kids ( https://laurenskids.org<https://laurenskids.org/> ). Two of our BFA3 animation students - Kaia Irish and Caro Beguiristain worked on it with me.  Caro worked with me on story dev and did all the storyboards. Kaia was responsible for working with me on color and painting the backgrounds and the character pieces. They did a remarkable job and were a joy to work with. The spot is planning on airing in April, nationally, in conjunction with National Child abuse prevention month. The link is password protected with LaurensKids  https://vimeo.com/259318864

From Billy Hanson (BFA 05)  “All episodes of Lightning Dogs, a short series that I directed and produced, were just released on Funny or Die, and the show has been holding at #1 on the FoD leader board for over a week now, so we're hoping to keep up the views and "Funny" votes to keep us there for a long time. The series was produced through my company, Dirigo Entertainment, and distributed by Toronto-based media company, iThentic. It stars the show's two creators, Brett Elam and Joshua Logan, along with Khara Campbell, David Chattam, A. Monnie Aleahmad, and Erica Jenkins. You can find all episodes streaming here: funnyordie.com/lightningdogs<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__funnyordie.com_lightningdogs&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=HowezXPaeazRpRI8xdngR_BpkuFi_eUQTBjmDPStSu8&s=fmO1wnAoa_4mIGXVpRhkYnQIWt0Is_7-3nbHcWXq3Ag&e=>”