[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 3.22.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Mar 22 13:58:51 EDT 2018

[eyLight - LA 2018_Digital invite.jpg]<https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T29BACH61-F9LGR492B/keylight_-_la_2018_digital_invite.jpg> [cid:image002.png at 01D3C1E5.E7447050]

All 100 comp tickets have been claimed for the LA screening and Sabrina has started a waitlist!  If you RSVP’d and find out that you can’t attend, please let Sabrina know (sreisinger at film.fsu.edu)<mailto:sreisinger at film.fsu.edu)> so your ticket can be used for someone on the wait list. All unclaimed tickets at will call will be offered on first come first serve basis to anyone waiting to get in.  Also, you can purchase a ticket at the theatre the night of the screening for $20.

And we will have a Film Forum Tuesday,  March 27, 2018 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT on the Soapbox Films Soundstage, 1011 West Isabel Street Burbank, CA 91506.  This will be a moderated (Ryan Saul (MFA 95))  conversation followed by Q&A with writer T.S. Nowlin (BFA 03)  and director Wes Ball ( BFA 02) - FSU alums and filmmakers of The Maze Runner Trilogy.   There will be light snacks, beer and wine - You must be 21 years of age with a valid US ID to enter.  Bring guests; this is a networking event. But please introduce them to other guests!  Purchase $10 tickets at https://fsu-film-forum-maze-runner.eventbrite.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__fsu-2Dfilm-2Dforum-2Dmaze-2Drunner.eventbrite.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=EQZgyTHG-HM_Vx9CEo1F_5J55gRsS1bmvGwYLKTUpR4&s=sMLsyuKE7KlkfbeyWV2zOLcUrSOevmx19R9cMQcyrFc&e=>  Ticket sales end March 28.   When you purchase tickets, if you love these events and think they're a great way to meet up with old friends and network with new ones, here's a way to kick in a little more to show your appreciation and keep them going since these are completely funded by donations, volunteers, and ticket sales (which we try to keep as low as possible so everyone can afford to attend).  Film Forums are sponsored by our Dean’s Alumni Councils, this one in LA is spearheaded by Chris Alender (BFA 98).

FSU’S GREAT GIVE is a 36-hour online giving opportunity  in support of academic programs which starts this morning at 9  AM and runs through tomorrow at 9 PM.  After our very successful Great Give last year, the Film School has chosen to again to seek donations to the Meryl Warren Fund, which my husband endowed, to support alumni activities such as our LA, ATL and NY screenings and receptions. You can make contributions NOW  at  http://spark.fsu.edu/Project/404/Meryl-Warren-Alumni-Fund    Won’t take you two minutes to donate. The University values greatly alumni and friend participation in fund raising, so hope all of you will think about making a contribution to let us continue to have receptions, dinners, etc., so we can keep our amazing alumni network strong.  No contribution is too small, and, of course, none would be too large!     Last year 95 of us raised $8,430 – LET’S TOP THAT!

The first trailer for Under the Silver Lake. Looks great!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgUesU1pz4  David Robert Mitchell (MFA 02) wrote and directed, Adele Romanski (BFA 04) co-produced, Julio Perez (MFA 02) edited, Nick Rufca (BFA 98) was production supervisor, Ben Verhulst (BFA 09) did Steadicam, April Moore (BFA 15) was assistant to David and Ryan Spindell (MFA 07) was graphic designer.  See an article at https://theplaylist.net/under-silver-lake-trailer-20180321/

From Jacob Abrams (BFA 11)  “Update wise I finally got in Local 728 (set lighting union out here in LA) a few months ago as a CLT. Mostly been doing commercials the last few years, and now union commercials, which is nice. My lighting rental company has grown quite a bit over the years too. Idan (Menin (BFA 12) and I have been working together constantly since film school, but the Estee Lauder job we collaborated on was our first union commercial together, so not too bad for our first shot at the big leagues, ha. https://www.esteelauder.com/re-nutriv#/landing<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.esteelauder.com_re-2Dnutriv-23_landing&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=WvCKL0uciM8ND3AJRGigKVESCV0tlTId8_66k6vrlac&s=a0NRTds1XIkA5ukuf-_CmNr4ghZ_IlQADxZJBRtd15A&e=>

From Jonathan Greenaway (BFA 11)  “I'm currently composing / licensing a few songs for a colleague's Amazon mini-series and have had syncs with Buzzfeed News (via Taylor Cohen from our BFA 11 class) and most recently provided original music for a variety of experimental web series and live pop-up hip-hop performances. I've been available for original music licensing and composition/production while working on developing my own projects.”

From Amanda Nelis (BFA  )  “I’ve managed to combine my love of libraries with my love of movies and am in charge of film programming at the Sewell Mill Library and Cultural Center in Marietta, GA. I have a small but loyal audience for my Classic Movie Thursday screenings, and my Murderino Movies series was recently featured in the local paper! My most popular program is Local Lens where a filmmaker shows a piece of their work and answers questions afterward. If any alumni (local or visiting) are interested in participating, please feel free to contact me at amanda.nelis at cobbcounty.org<mailto:amanda.nelis at cobbcounty.org>.”

“From Matt Sanders (MFA 10) "For the past four years, I worked at commercial production company, MJZ, where I helped represent some of the top commercial directors working today, such as Spike Jonze, Mike Mills, Craig Gillespie, Rupert Sanders, Harmony Korine and Nicolai Fuglsig. I’m very proud of our work on memorable campaigns for Apple, Nike, Samsung, Facebook, Audi and DirecTV, to name a few. And now I’m excited to move on from MJZ to take on a new challenge as the Head of Production at Society, another commercial production company. In this next chapter, I look forward to further developing an impressive roster of talented directors and exploring new ways to expand their established success. If you have a minute, check out our website: www.Society.tv<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.Society.tv&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=AcvNv6wJ1fRSHHORn8CXyaZBZiV0vIpBw44ne_PoKcs&s=Bm4_kpccvu-ryaY9DPSAsoUvb5HBgectYgry4AUXg_g&e=> "

From Joe Papa (BFA 10)  “My creative colleague and friend of 7 years, Elias Benavidez, approached me with a touching script called SILVER MOON about an elderly man struggling with dementia (reads like BEAST OF THE SOUTHERN WILD meets TAKE SHELTER). He asked me to produce the feature for him, I 1st AD'ed for him in the past and we kept in touch creatively, exchanging writing notes in a workshop-type environment. We have groups interested in financing the feature but as the script is heavy on surrealist ideas and visuals they requested a proof of concept - so we adapted the feature into a short 7 minute piece. From a production standpoint, I structured it like an FSU Thesis shoot, giving us 3 days and containing us to one location and 2 actors. A friend at VER donated a full Alexa package and another friend helped us out with a 3-ton grip truck. Our crew was incredible, we wrapped over an hour early every single day and even added multiple creative shots. The footage looks amazing and it was an overall good time, a lot of positive collaboration and laughter. Our next step is cutting and mastering the short, then on to the feature project!”

Congratulations to Iliana Ipez (BFA 3) who has been selected as the College of Motion Picture Arts’ Humanitarian of the Year!  She is now inn competition for the FSU Humanitarian of the Year.

From Darrel Raymundo (BFA ADA  15)  “I worked on a project  for Marvel and the Regal Cinemas to promote Spider-Man homecoming. I was responsible for the digital sculpt, the 3d printing and mold and cast were also done in-house. So we gave a copy to Tom Holland last week during his visit. He said he was "absolutely gobsmacked" by the work we do at the studio. Here is the website for showcasing the sculpture painted by the different artists for charity.
 http://www.spidermanimaxorbust.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spidermanimaxorbust.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=oLYyIWFH1Gphz6IUJ49gsBzb54Ok3YzOVwET7aaruZk&s=zRfIMXOvzbxke5y9QvWADg0NJqV06IAaXek2MuYcTBo&e=>

From Jim Ed Wills (MFA  11)  Yesterday was my final day working on Homeland Season 7 in Richmond, VA. Because I was able to work so much, yesterday I PAID OFF THE REST OF MY STUDENT LOANS! I’m done!”

From Juanse Jacome (BFA 06)  “My new film CENIZAS, produced by Andrew Hevia (BFA06) and Irina Caballero (FSU06), premiered at the Miami Film Festival last week. It was a great experience to share Cenizas with an audience for the first time. We also got a wonderful review from The Hollywood Reporter: http://bit.ly/cenizasthr<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_cenizasthr&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=BgkUMcfyMuhugchLGCotBbA0Xvxa82pxlc4bRbdDBvs&s=pq2Q424uMnqLyltTetwHNwE_7IURyimpDEeZ6H3zaac&e=>  We will be showing the film in different cities in the US, and will keep you posted so the FSU community can have a chance to see it as we screen in different festivals.  Follow our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/cenizasmovie<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_cenizasmovie&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=BgkUMcfyMuhugchLGCotBbA0Xvxa82pxlc4bRbdDBvs&s=IChjz60iAeUf3gNQCd9t2cTpdLrLDRCv55FIohIXj8o&e=>”

From David Wiley (MFA and our  Film School Head of Set Operations:   “Colby Blackwill, a student worker in the equipment room, recently received an IDEA grant. The grant will be used for a trip to Chernobyl, Ukraine during July of 2018. He will be conducting research for his honors thesis which focuses on the social impact of the nuclear accident. During this trip, he will travel within The Exclusion Zone, interview residents directly affected by the accident, and document the current state of the containment effort. Colby Blackwill’s director is James Kimbrell of the English department, accompanied by Dr. Valliere Richard Auzenne as a thesis committee member. His honors thesis will consist of a series of short stories written within the historical fiction genre and a short documentary of his research. On October 1st 2018 he will also present his research during the FSU President’s Undergraduate Research Excellence Showcase.”

From Diana Yifei Dai (BFA '18), Laura M. Johnson (MFA '18), and Kaleigh Spencer (MFA '18) are all thrilled to announce that they have been offered internships at the Festival de Cannes!!! We received the internships through the Creative Minds in Cannes program, and we have yet to find out our specific assignments for which company or studio we will be working for. We are incredibly honored to have been selected for this internship experience, and we are definitely looking forward to the opportunity to network with industry professionals, learn a ton of new things, and have an amazing time at Cannes!!! We are especially excited to represent FSU CMPA, as other alumni have been a part of this program and have found it to be a worthwhile experience. We are mostly relying on crowdfunding in order to cover the program costs, so we would be so appreciative if you took a moment to check out our respective GoFundMe pages. Merci beaucoup! - Diana, Laura, and Kaleigh :)
https://www.gofundme.com/58vrzuo<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gofundme.com_58vrzuo&d=DwMFAw&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=8wSs94x5FGofDr2rWsaNjUaYkfOfy33vzAZmvLfyrVQ&s=9RWYRsO8eTrcMPj8Um_Wj-DLJJltsDVNJ8wSTxgtMRg&e=> - Diana's
https://www.gofundme.com/lauratocannes<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gofundme.com_lauratocannes&d=DwMFAw&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=8wSs94x5FGofDr2rWsaNjUaYkfOfy33vzAZmvLfyrVQ&s=-JIHVcpVu2M4u0NlNvoLvu6Lz42HA23OYFOMG9h2eJY&e=> - Laura's
https://www.gofundme.com/KaleinCannes<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gofundme.com_KaleinCannes&d=DwMFAw&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=8wSs94x5FGofDr2rWsaNjUaYkfOfy33vzAZmvLfyrVQ&s=QRvy05fRyqrSl0GTcdSpB1peRSJ6bBHsTcI-chHdyZI&e=> - Kaleigh's

From Simone Lapidus (BFA 11)  “I hope you're having a great week so far! I'm reaching out because the feature I've been producing is almost done! It's called DARKNESS IN TENEMENT 45<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tenement45film.us12.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3D8c4cf133e5aa24b7d4c6e1f5f-26id-3Dad7246cdc2-26e-3Db71c9219f0&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=ElKlw6wmIZxKN3H1UM4Dl8_l0s0sYl5W7cVlvJ4Y87g&s=SfG8wREBJ_kuiKGuim5kj_YeYMWsesDadsozJwBD0yg&e=> and is a psychological drama set in the 1950s. It has been a three-year labor of love with most of the crew working as volunteers. Even more exciting - all main creatives and department heads are women!  We completed production in August 2017 and are currently on track to finish the movie by the end of the year! But with the cost of film festivals, final outputs, sound design, and color correction, we're not quite there. So, we've created a campaign on Kickstarter! If you're able, we would so so appreciate your support by way of donation and/or by sharing the campaign<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tenement45film.us12.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3D8c4cf133e5aa24b7d4c6e1f5f-26id-3D2af480dd96-26e-3Db71c9219f0&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=ElKlw6wmIZxKN3H1UM4Dl8_l0s0sYl5W7cVlvJ4Y87g&s=e3ITvr2ygMVCeOJt1nyQr2LfOw2Qo93mhWTdOu4ggFM&e=> via email or social media. You can check it out at Tenement45Film.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tenement45film.us12.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3D8c4cf133e5aa24b7d4c6e1f5f-26id-3Df77d97b59d-26e-3Db71c9219f0&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=ElKlw6wmIZxKN3H1UM4Dl8_l0s0sYl5W7cVlvJ4Y87g&s=l0ARBGtwKIgbXpEj6oFtUrcf-dexZnSNeveeSlVkqwg&e=>.  Indie films like ours are only possible thanks to the support of their communities. We are so appreciative of you and would love to have you on our team!

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – March 22, 2018

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening at the Spiritual Vibe Film Festival in New York City on April 28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.spiritualvibefilmfestival.com/.

The Terrible Trio (MFA Thesis 2017 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Maryland International Film Festival in Hagerstown, April 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.marylandiff.net.

Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby) was selected for screening at the Palm Bay Caribe Film Festival in Florida, May 31 – June 2. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.caribefilmfestival.com/.

The Terrible Trio (MFA Thesis 2017 Rob Eaton) won four Awards of Merit for Individual Achievements in Acting, Awards of Merit for Individual Achievement in Cinematography, Directing, Editing, Screenwriting and Sound Design, an Award of Merit for the film as a whole and awards of Excellence for Individual Achievement in Production Design and Music from the Southern Shorts Awards. For more information about this festival, which will be held August 4, go to www.southernshortsawards.com<http://www.southernshortsawards.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Crimson Screen Horror Film Fest in Charleston, South Carolina, May 25-27. For more information about this festival, go to www.crimsonscreenfilmfest.com<http://www.crimsonscreenfilmfest.com/>.

A Jingle a Go-Go (MFA D2 2014 Spencer Frankeberger), Acoustic Ninja (BFA Documentary 2016 Rob Bevis), Coda (BFA F1 2014 Mark Breedlove), For the Record (BFA F3 2016 Justin Burt), Miles Away (BFA Thesis 2015 Corey Crumpacker), Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri), Slow Dancin’ Down the Aisles of the Quick Check (MFA Thesis 1998 Thomas Jackson), Street Saints (BFA Documentary 2017 Tav Murphy/Sydney Smith), The Wall (MFA D3 2007 Michael Lloyd Green) and Underground (MFA Thesis 2010 Akil DuPont) were invited to screen at the Blue Tavern in Tallahassee on April 4, as part of a screening series. For more information about this event, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/774695429390276/.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the Socially Relevant Film Festival in New York City, March 16-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ratedsrfilms.org/.

The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro), The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) were selected for screening at the Portland Comedy Film Festival in Oregon, March 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfestivalcircuit.com/events/portland-comedy-film-festival/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__filmfestivalcircuit.com_events_portland-2Dcomedy-2Dfilm-2Dfestival_&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=q-VX7Di5dQm2UASKCspv9cXg_8mL79Dnkf8VapKdddw&s=3mQOJ2lmrx56BYmnBVaCyPZZ_Jj-Jr3pul92QjERdVg&e=>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, March 21-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

Sitting Across from Strangers Like Us (BFA Thesis 2017 Melina Valdez) and Gene Lover (MFA D2 2017 Betty Jiang) were selected for screening at the Boston Underground Film Festival, March 21-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.bostonunderground.org<http://www.bostonunderground.org/>.

Morning Light Seems the Brightest (BFA F3 2016 Melina Valdez) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, March 21-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Gasparilla Film Festival in Tampa, March 20-25. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.gasparillafilmfestival.com<http://www.gasparillafilmfestival.com/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the Fargo Film Festival in North Dakota, March 20-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.fargofilmfestival.org<http://www.fargofilmfestival.org/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Independent Festival of Short Films on Culture & Tourism in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, March 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.iffc.co.in<http://www.iffc.co.in/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at North Hollywood Cinefest, March 23-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.nohocinefest.com/

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected as a semi-finalist for the monthly screening series NewFilmmakers Los Angeles. For more information about this series, go to www.newfilmmakersla.com.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) and Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri) were selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival in Palm Springs, California, April 6-12. For more information about this festival, go to www.americandocumentaryfilmfestival.com.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Cleveland International Film Festival, April 4-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.clevelandfilm.org<http://www.clevelandfilm.org/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) and Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) are finalists in the Palm Beach International Film Festival Student Showcase of Films, to be held April 6. The winners will be announced at the showcase. For more information about this showcase, go to http://www.pbfilm.com/studentshowcaseoffilms.cfm.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the WideScreen Film & Video Festival in Miami, April 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://widescreenfest.com<http://widescreenfest.com/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the National Black Film Festival in Houston, April 4-8. For more information about this festival, go to http://nationalblackfilmfestival.com/.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Through Women’s Eyes Film Festival, which runs as part of the Sarasota Film Festival, April 14-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.throughwomenseyes.com<http://www.throughwomenseyes.com/>.

The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) were awarded Best of Brouhaha at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19, and will screen in a special sidebar at the Florida Film Festival, April 6-15. For more information about the Florida Film Festival, go to www.floridafilmfestival.com<http://www.floridafilmfestival.com/>

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 Yue Cheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Crossroads Film Festival in Jackson, Mississippi, April 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.crossroadsfilmfestival.com/.

Everybody Loves a Panda (MFA D2 2017 Brandon Shenk) was selected for screening at the International Changing Perspectives Film Festival in Istanbul, Turkey, April 10-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://icpsff.com<http://icpsff.com/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) and Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga) were selected for screening at the Sarasota Film Festival, April 13-22. The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn is screening as part of the Through Women’s Eyes Film Festival, which runs as part of the Sarasota Film Festival. For more information about Through Women’s Eyes, go to http://www.throughwomenseyes.com<http://www.throughwomenseyes.com/>. For more information about Sarasota, go to http://www.sarasotafilmfest.com<http://www.sarasotafilmfest.com/>.

The Funk Doctor (MFA D2 2017 Demetrius Martin) was selected for screening at the CannaBus Culture Film Fest, a touring festival that begins on April 20 in Burlington, Vermont. For more information about this festival, go to http://cannabusculturefilmfest.com/.

Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby) was selected for screening at the Boynton Beach Short Film Festival, April 17-22. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/366806640323030/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 Yuecheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Milledgeville + Eatonton Film Festival in Georgia, April 24-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.milledgevillefilmfest.com<http://www.milledgevillefilmfest.com/>.

Rally (MFA D1 2017 Wasly Castillo) was selected for screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Pete, April 26-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.sunscreenfilmfestival<http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival/>.com.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-28, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Horror Avenue Film Festival in Peoria, Illinois, April 27-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.horroravenuefest.com<http://www.horroravenuefest.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the NYC Short Documentary Film Festival on May 25. For more information about this festival, go to www.nycsdff.com.