[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 3.2.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Mar 2 10:03:55 EST 2018

From Phillip Thomas (MFA  16)  “I have been working at Defy Media as an Editor since August 2017 under fellow FSU Alum Mary Risk. I work as an editor making online content for the SMOSH and SMOSH GAMES Facebook pages and Youtube channels.”

From Ryan Lynch (MFA 02)  “I just wrapped Season 5 of Silicon Valley last night. Another solid season for you to enjoy! On another note, this week I am also celebrating 15 years in Los Angeles. It’s been a “long and winding road” but can’t say I’d trade it for anything else, really. Next week will mark my 10th year as a member of IATSE Local 728. I started way back when as a humble Lighting Technician and have solidified my career as a humble Chief Lighting Technician in the years since. I’m pretty proud of all these accomplishments as a filmmaker. Many FSU people I know are owed many thanks for all of these great moments.”

From Chris Amick (BFA 10)  “FINAL SPACE, the series that Ben Mekler (BFA 2010) and I were staff writers on, premiered last night on TBS! It's an animated sci-fi comedy produced by Conan O'Brien, following a self-obsessed prisoner aboard a spacecraft who pisses off a powerful intergalactic warlord (David Tennant) after becoming friends with a cute lil floating green planet-eater, who he decides to name Mooncake. The show airs Mondays at 10:30pm on TBS, but since no one has cable, you can watch the first three episodes right now on TBS.com (or their app for apple tv/roku/amazon/tralexa/vuglu/streamly/watchington). Also iTunes, if that's still a thing.  We're now writing on a new adventure/comedy series for Netflix that hasn't been announced yet, but hopefully we'll have more to share soon!”

"Division of Mass Communication of St. John's University (New York, NY) is looking for an adjunct teacher for TVF2205 Digital Cinematography course. MFA degree and at least a few years of production experience are required. There are two sections of this course (6 credit hours in total), both are scheduled on Mondays between 10 am and 6 pm, with a break in between, for the fall 2018 semester. Please email the CV to Alla Baeva (MFA 97)  , baevaa at stjohns.edu<mailto:baevaa at stjohns.edu>".
Complete description at https://tinyurl.com/ybd34q6o

Tiny Warren Report this week!  I had some minor surgery and have had limited vision for the last week—no trolling Facebook for news!  Am just trying to get through emails – if I haven’t responded I will soon!

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – March 1, 2018

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) and Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) are finalists in the Palm Beach International Film Festival Student Showcase of Films, to be held April 6. The winners will be announced at the showcase. For more information about this showcase, go to http://www.pbfilm.com/studentshowcaseoffilms.cfm

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 Yuecheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Milledgeville + Eatonton Film Festival in Georgia, April 24-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.milledgevillefilmfest.com<http://www.milledgevillefilmfest.com/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Gasparilla Film Festival in Tampa, March 20-25. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.gasparillafilmfestival.com<http://www.gasparillafilmfestival.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 Yuecheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Warsaw Independent Film Festival in Poland on March 21. For more information about this festival, go to http://warsawfest.com<http://warsawfest.com/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Indepdendent Festival of Short Films on Culture & Tourism in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, March 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.iffc.co.in<http://www.iffc.co.in/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) is a finalist of the ARFF Barcelona//Around International Film Festival and will screen on March 9. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.aroundfilms.com/.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening at the Winter Film Awards in New York City, February 22 – March 3. For more information about this festival, go to www.winterfilmawards.com.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the Around International Film Festival in Barcelona, Spain, March 9, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://aroundfilms.com<http://aroundfilms.com/>.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) and War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) were selected for screening at the Mountain of Laughs Comedy Festival in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on March 10. For more information about this festival, go to www.mountainoflaughs.com.

Salam From Syria (BFA Documentary 2017 Sabrina Attar) was selected for screening at the World of Women Film Fair Middle East in Dubai, March 6-8. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.wowmiddleeast.com/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles, March 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://firstglancefilms.com<http://firstglancefilms.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles, March 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://firstglancefilms.com<http://firstglancefilms.com/>.

Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) was selected for screening at the Sistas Are Doin’ It For Themselves Film Festival on March 9 in Los Angeles. For more information about this festival, go to http://bherc.org/festivals/.

Us Thereafter (BFA Documentary 2016 Terry Beck) and Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) were selected for screening at the Peace on Earth Film Festival in Chicago, March 9-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.peaceonearthfilmfestival.org<http://www.peaceonearthfilmfestival.org/>.

Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond) was selected for screening at the Indie Horror Film Festival in Dekalb, Illinois, March 16-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.indiehorrorfest.com/.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the Socially Relevant Film Festival in New York City, March 16-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ratedsrfilms.org/.

Schwinging (MFA D2 2017 Dylan Zivitz) was selected for screening at CineKink in New York City, March 14-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://cinekink.com/.

The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro), The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) were selected for screening at the Portland Comedy Film Festival in Oregon, March 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfestivalcircuit.com/events/portland-comedy-film-festival/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__filmfestivalcircuit.com_events_portland-2Dcomedy-2Dfilm-2Dfestival_&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=q-VX7Di5dQm2UASKCspv9cXg_8mL79Dnkf8VapKdddw&s=3mQOJ2lmrx56BYmnBVaCyPZZ_Jj-Jr3pul92QjERdVg&e=>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, March 21-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at North Hollywood Cinefest, March 23-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.nohocinefest.com/

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the Fargo Film Festival in North Dakota, March 20-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.fargofilmfestival.org<http://www.fargofilmfestival.org/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) and Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri) were selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival in Palm Springs, California, April 6-12. For more information about this festival, go to www.americandocumentaryfilmfestival.com.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Cleveland International Film Festival, April 4-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.clevelandfilm.org<http://www.clevelandfilm.org/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the WideScreen Film & Video Festival in Miami, April 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://widescreenfest.com<http://widescreenfest.com/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the National Black Film Festival in Houston, April 4-8. For more information about this festival, go to http://nationalblackfilmfestival.com/.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Through Women’s Eyes Film Festival, which runs as part of the Sarasota Film Festival, April 14-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.throughwomenseyes.com<http://www.throughwomenseyes.com/>.

The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) were awarded Best of Brouhaha at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19, and will screen in a special sidebar at the Florida Film Festival, April 6-15. For more information about the Florida Film Festival, go to www.floridafilmfestival.com<http://www.floridafilmfestival.com/>

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 Yue Cheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Crossroads Film Festival in Jackson, Mississippi, April 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.crossroadsfilmfestival.com/.

Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby) was selected for screening at the Boynton Beach Short Film Festival, April 17-22. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/366806640323030/.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-28, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Horror Avenue Film Festival in Peoria, Illinois, April 27-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.horroravenuefest.com<http://www.horroravenuefest.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the NYC Short Documentary Film Festival on May 25. For more information about this festival, go to www.nycsdff.com.