[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 2.22.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:03:15 EST 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3ABDD.7F909420]

From Jessica Wilson-Silas (BFA 07)  “Just in case you hadn't heard, Black Panther is out! This is the hardest I've ever worked on a movie (my last day was last week and it was a year and a half since I started) and it included living away from my very supportive William Lee Wilson-Silas<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_william.l.wilson-3Ffref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=k-Ir3N_li1CtvD0bWQt-UM0EDoV74iRpny10spkPWEE&s=Fl0tOKHWOc32fXrIhyFQvQg8cB7kF5UfDIDUEdKZlU0&e=> and our home for 8 months. VFX Coordinator on the studio side for Marvel!  I could not have done it without such supportive family and friends, especially Valerie Wicks<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_wicks.valerie-3Ffref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=k-Ir3N_li1CtvD0bWQt-UM0EDoV74iRpny10spkPWEE&s=VmHwn2c9jMewuGRTVCStinA5sAV5xb05e-PVklNkx3Y&e=> (BFA 08) was Assistant Coordinator,  who got me through the time away and the many friends I made on the show. Jesse Ehman (BFA 08) was a teamster for the show  While my contribution was small I cared so deeply and worked very passionately to serve this film for all of these incredible filmmakers and for all the people I knew would enjoy it today! I hope you love it as much as I loved working on it.”

From Sylwia Dudzinska (MFA  09)  “I’ll be be 2nd 2nd ADing, finishing out the season of an Untitled new comedy series from Alan Yang and Matt Hubbard starring Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph.”

From Andrea Branch (MFA 16)  “I've left the talent management world and have ventured into TV! I'm currently a showrunner's assistant to EP, Lizzy Weiss (showrunner, SWITCHED AT BIRTH, Netflix) and to Creator/Writer/EP, Kit Steinkellner (staff writer, Z: THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING). It's for the Facebook series SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, a dramedy about a woman who loses her husband and is learning to cope with the newfound grief, as well as learning more about her husband/his death. Everyone at FSU knew how much the topic of death meant to me and on this particular show, I've sat in the writer's room multiple times and it has been a refreshing experience to see how these writers embed their own pain related to grief into these characters. Let's see what happens next!  here's the deadline article about the show:   http://deadline.com/2018/02/facebook-dramedy-series-starring-elizabeth-olsen-1202282859/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__deadline.com_2018_02_facebook-2Ddramedy-2Dseries-2Dstarring-2Delizabeth-2Dolsen-2D1202282859_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=KmjkaZgPpow3bCLkk2L4sXdY6h9N6StCHXa-meHDW4s&s=QFiIXJ64NJcxis7vvvqMMHAa5jjpPgVh70KsiG6o98k&e=>

From Harry Perry III (BFA  99)  “After countless years and lots of effort from so many talented people, we’re thrilled to announce thatmy short film “Neil Wade: Superhero Aide” has been officially selected to screen at the 2018 Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema along with Matt Blundell’s (BFA 00)  equally fantastic “Hey Kiri!”   LA area friends come check out both films on Saturday March 10th! “Neil Wade” screens at 12:05pm, “Hey Kiri” at 5:25pm! Make a day of it and explore the wonderful town of Idyllwild and treat yourselves to a great slate of films!  Thanks to Chris Alender (BFA 98) and everyone at Soapbox Films for their support.”

Very excited to announce the premiere of ARE WE NOT CATS this Friday! This is Xander Robin’s (BFA 11) film with a primarily Film School crew:  Matt Clegg (BFA 2011) as director of photography, Dustin Waldman (BFA 2012) edited, Tatiana Bears (BFA 2013) co-produced, Laura Christina Ortiz (Honorary FSU grad 2012) costume designed, Ryan Cook (BFA 2012) set decorated, Valerie Brooks (BFA 2014) key gripped, and Alexandra Bock (BFA 2014) was the 2AC.
 Andie Mcmahon (BFA 2012), Tansy Michaud (BFA 2011), Adam Carboni (BFA 2011), Taylor Cohan (BFA 2011), Christina Campagnola (BFA 2012), Kelsey Middleton (BFA 2013), Rakan Shaker (BFA 2012), Rafi Lorie (BFA 2014), Pedro Vivas Hernandez (BFA 2012), Michael Kefeyalew (BFA 2013), and Max Allman (BFA 2013).
See it in NYC, LA, or San Fran. Tickets avail on arewenotcats.com<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Farewenotcats.com%2F&h=ATNt5oZoYtLJ7yZudcHlSJuaOzFSjb9lvcmjv7MlR0Mi3Yhu5ufFD3GMxhkGt1OYH6cQ8MQYaxEz0zbltjuWrbqo0rZ58LPMsWnh9yWegIrRTWkJINNnt_wwT_kkDHwrc3qECbWFO-4VJXsHThnhdY7eTJII2kPHOj_Q3b50iXVPy_PnLa-xyy7D91ufRBXaIZKWjzOgXXS7px3DnnCXaUqEBng5Nb57h_ULtNk6YZxlPOrKCPEs> Come one, come all!
Cinema Village, New York: https://www.cinemavillage.com/Now-Pla…/are-we-not-cats.html…<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cinemavillage.com%2FNow-Playing%2Fare-we-not-cats.html%3Fd%3D20180224&h=ATMxsrOAKiO4rKyZcRgYuS6Cl8UimpEI0ZJlFZyIETguAij5RGa3es-kD3D578xW-Q-NZXeEG8Meo1hS-mYoQqLrpwlMcM35AqVdCzImRH9Eeb0XCksskBKZwqm4UinGo4eZMc0vxIjII1jL09ZrS_RpXQarwzfy8JmwzLkw0GG0aE9tCPOE5ITtxyzVBi5EbFY5vleP7GKYXf2hALuSk9jMZZQP5-oflt8gohZqEXsHtdRHCkKJ>
Laemmle Music Hall, Los Angeles: https://www.laemmle.com/films/43463<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.laemmle.com%2Ffilms%2F43463&h=ATNUXda6Is-EkXVIybCwYy65TWheVxcWdG3HXX8NUCx7L7EhERLeUwlFLIgBoeoJKJdAhXpI33bpIB48miNrdwg5p-moq0uakdyOs9S_jZ7AJMTEVHy-kpSGQsPgQj-MqWEbtnxinOCBbAzxxMmTb3KYXOaZcTvmX9tlTxXuEwQcwryVqwFP6wp0rsS0kzCodPRDKeg1IdNIcPJEzgX_-sJfHascXYglLVI9LmnwCn4zXHl5Qba4>
Little Roxie, San Fransisco, http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/are-we-not-cats/…<http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/are-we-not-cats/?instance_id=25456>

From Rob Thomason (MFA 14) “NGE (Next Generation Esports), a production company specializing in competitive video game tournaments and broadcast on platforms ESPN and Twitch, is seeking applicants for our Assistant Broadcast Director and Lead Editor positions.
As Assistant Broadcast Director, you will assist the Producer/Director with commanding the technical ship. You will help write the Run of Show, wrangle talent, and most importantly, train to eventually direct your own esports broadcast. Strong organization and communication skills are a must. A passion for video games and video game related content is preferred but not required. As Lead Editor, you will prep post-show recordings for upload to platforms such as Youtube, Twitch, etc. You will help create video content to be used in live broadcasts and eventually lead a team of editors to make media packages for our world championship events. Working knowledge Adobe Premier and After Effects preferred.Please send all applications and a cover letter to Kim Risi (MFA 14)  at kim at nge.io<mailto:kim at nge.io>    Also please include in your resume both a classmate and FSU faculty member as a reference.”

BBC Children's Puppet Show Seeking Post Production Crew Members. This is a flagship show from the creator of Teletubbies that was commissioned by the BBC. It is truly a unique project that is amazing to witness every day. We are shooting at Pinewood Studios here in Atlanta, GA and are seeking the following:

POST PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR:
This position will require collaboration with the Producers and Production team to manage all aspects of the Post Production process. Position to be filled immediately. Position is slated to be contracted through February of 2019.

EDIT COORDINATOR
This position will require collaboration with the Editors, Post Supervisor, Compositor Coordinator, Producers, and Outside Vendors (audio mixing, finishing, etc), to ensure all information is imparted to the necessary parties and the Post Pipeline continues operating smoothly. Position to be filled immediately. Position is slated to be contracted through February of 2019.

VFX COORDINATOR:
This position will require collaboration with the Post Production Supervisor, Post Coordinator, Producers, and  outside roto vendors, to ensure all information is imparted to the necessary parties and the Post Pipeline continues operating smoothly. Position to be filled immediately. Position is slated to be contracted through February of 2019.
Please send all resumes to aubrey.danielson at bentoatl.com<mailto:aubrey.danielson at bentoatl.com> with the corresponding position in the subject-line.    NOTE:  Email mwarren at fsu.edu<mailto:mwarren at fsu.edu> if you would like complete position descriptions and requirements.

The Asian Cinema Fund (ACF), from the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) is accepting submissions for their Script Development Fund, Post-Production Fund and Asian Network of Documentary (AND) Fund. The ACF has been an essential partner for Asian cinema with its three supporting categories. The ACF is committed to help activate more independent film productions and to set up a stable production environment. New Asian cinema discovered by the ACF gets to complete into a film through comprehensive support from A to Z and to explore various opportunities through Busan’s family programs such as Asian Film Market and Asian Project Market (APM). Note: For all the categories Feature-length film project must be made by filmmakers of Asian nationality and containing Asian elements.
Script Development Fund  The Script Development Fund is organized to assist Asian filmmakers in the completion of their scripts. This fund aims to support talented Asian filmmakers, to broaden the quality of film projects being developed in Asia, and to enhance the possibility of the projects eventually being produced. Through this fund scheme, selected projects will be awarded 10 million Korean won (approximately 10,000 USD) each.
Supports: Feature-length Fiction Film Scripts
Provides: Cash grant of 10 million KRW (9,400 US$)
Required Materials: Online Application Form, Treatment (5 – 10 pages), and Online link of Previous Works
Deadline: March 20th, 2018 (5:00 pm, GMT +9)

“Soapbox Films is looking for a Motion Graphics & Visual Effects Manager to lead our in-house Motion Graphics/VFX team. Our specialty is creative content marketing for studios and networks, but we have a growing slate of original content, including award-winning independent features, a partnership in a growing digital comedy network and a recent, highly acclaimed production at the Hollywood Bowl.   What kind of person are we looking for? We have a fast-paced post production schedule, which means we need someone who can organize, analyze and prioritize complex details and timelines on multiple projects at a time. Soapbox is a team-based environment, so we need a cordial, collaborative and conscientious person who keeps the big picture in mind. We are also a client-driven business, which means we’re looking for a confident, friendly and upbeat people person who cares deeply about their work”  NOTE:   If you are interested in the complete description, email me at mwarren at fsu.edu<mailto:mwarren at fsu.edu>

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – February 22, 2018

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) was selected for screening at the Portland Comedy Film Festival in Oregon, March 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfestivalcircuit.com/events/portland-comedy-film-festival/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__filmfestivalcircuit.com_events_portland-2Dcomedy-2Dfilm-2Dfestival_&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=q-VX7Di5dQm2UASKCspv9cXg_8mL79Dnkf8VapKdddw&s=3mQOJ2lmrx56BYmnBVaCyPZZ_Jj-Jr3pul92QjERdVg&e=>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the WideScreen Film & Video Festival in Miami, April 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://widescreenfest.com<http://widescreenfest.com/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the National Black Film Festival in Houston, April 4-8. For more information about this festival, go to http://nationalblackfilmfestival.com/.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Through Women’s Eyes Film Festival, which runs as part of the Sarasota Film Festival, April 14-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.throughwomenseyes.com<http://www.throughwomenseyes.com/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Portland Comedy Film Festival, March 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfestivalcircuit.com/events/portland-comedy-film-festival.

Graveyard Shift (MFA D1 2017 Alex McFry) was selected for the monthly edition of Mindie, the Miami Independent Film Festival. For more information about this festival, go to www.miamindiefest.com<http://www.miamindiefest.com/>.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening and will be awarded Best Student Short at the AfroFuturism Film Competition in Chicago, February 17-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://afrofuturism849.org/.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected for screening at the Corvallis Queer Film Festival in Corvallis, Oregon, February 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/CorvallisQueerFilmFestival/.

Server (MFA Thesis 2017 Nikki Lee) was selected for screening at WAMMFest in Baltimore, February 23-24. For more information about this festival, go to http://wammtu.com<http://wammtu.com/>.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected for screening at the Nevermore Film Festival in Durham, North Carolina, February 23-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.carolinatheatre.org/nevermore<http://www.carolinatheatre.org/nevermore>.

The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2017 Nicole Low), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Benjamin Roth), Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold), and The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) were selected for screening at the Pensacon Short Film Festival in Pensacola, February 23-25. For more information about this festival, go to http://pensacon.com/events/short-film-festival/.

Sitting Across from Strangers on Trains (BFA Thesis 2017 Melina Valdez) was selected for screening at the NY State Indie Film Festival in Naples, New York on February 23. For more information about this festival, go to http://nysindie.com/.

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) and Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes) were selected for screening at WAMMFEst in Baltimore, February 23-24. For more information about this festival, go to http://wammtu.com<http://wammtu.com/>.

Super Chef (MFA Thesis 2015 Rochelle Rose) was invited to screen at the Louisville Children’s Film Festival in Kentucky, February 24-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.louisvillechildrensfilm.org/.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening and is a semi-finalist at the AfroFuturism Film Competition in Chicago, February 17-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://afrofuturism849.org/.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening at the Winter Film Awards in New York City, February 22 – March 3. For more information about this festival, go to www.winterfilmawards.com.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the Around International Film Festival in Barcelona, Spain, March 9, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://aroundfilms.com<http://aroundfilms.com/>.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) and War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) were selected for screening at the Mountain of Laughs Comedy Festival in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on March 10. For more information about this festival, go to www.mountainoflaughs.com.

Salam From Syria (BFA Documentary 2017 Sabrina Attar) was selected for screening at the World of Women Film Fair Middle East in Dubai, March 6-8. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.wowmiddleeast.com/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles, March 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://firstglancefilms.com<http://firstglancefilms.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles, March 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://firstglancefilms.com<http://firstglancefilms.com/>.

Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) was selected for screening at the Sistas Are Doin’ It For Themselves Film Festival on March 9 in Los Angeles. For more information about this festival, go to http://bherc.org/festivals/.

Us Thereafter (BFA Documentary 2016 Terry Beck) and Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) were selected for screening at the Peace on Earth Film Festival in Chicago, March 9-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.peaceonearthfilmfestival.org<http://www.peaceonearthfilmfestival.org/>.

Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond) was selected for screening at the Indie Horror Film Festival in Dekalb, Illinois, March 16-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.indiehorrorfest.com/.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the Socially Relevant Film Festival in New York City, March 16-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ratedsrfilms.org/.

Schwinging (MFA D2 2017 Dylan Zivitz) was selected for screening at CineKink in New York City, March 14-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://cinekink.com/.

The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro) was selected for screening at the Portland Comedy Film Festival in Oregon, March 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfestivalcircuit.com/events/portland-comedy-film-festival/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__filmfestivalcircuit.com_events_portland-2Dcomedy-2Dfilm-2Dfestival_&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=q-VX7Di5dQm2UASKCspv9cXg_8mL79Dnkf8VapKdddw&s=3mQOJ2lmrx56BYmnBVaCyPZZ_Jj-Jr3pul92QjERdVg&e=>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, March 21-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at North Hollywood Cinefest, March 23-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.nohocinefest.com/

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the Fargo Film Festival in North Dakota, March 20-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.fargofilmfestival.org<http://www.fargofilmfestival.org/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) and Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri) were selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival in Palm Springs, California, April 6-12. For more information about this festival, go to www.americandocumentaryfilmfestival.com.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Cleveland International Film Festival, April 4-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.clevelandfilm.org<http://www.clevelandfilm.org/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Cleveland International Film Festival, April 4-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.clevelandfilm.org<http://www.clevelandfilm.org/>.

The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) were awarded Best of Brouhaha at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19, and will screen in a special sidebar at the Florida Film Festival, April 6-15. For more information about the Florida Film Festival, go to www.floridafilmfestival.com<http://www.floridafilmfestival.com/>

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 Yue Cheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Crossroads Film Festival in Jackson, Mississippi, April 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.crossroadsfilmfestival.com/.

Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby) was selected for screening at the Boynton Beach Short Film Festival, April 17-22. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/366806640323030/.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-28, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Horror Avenue Film Festival in Peoria, Illinois, April 27-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.horroravenuefest.com<http://www.horroravenuefest.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the NYC Short Documentary Film Festival on May 25. For more information about this festival, go to www.nycsdff.com.