[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 8.30.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Aug 30 13:58:34 EDT 2018

From Mike Moragne (BFA 04). “In the past 5 years here at Dreamworks, I’ve worked my way up from Production Coordinator to Line Producer and have been doing that role for the past couple of years. It’s been a blast! I worked on The Adventures of Puss in Boots, Spirit: Wild and Free, the new Kung Fu Panda series coming to Amazon later this year and am currently working on a new unannounced show. Working at Dreamworks has been an amazing experience. The people here are great to work with. This has truly been the best job I’ve ever had and feel so lucky I get to do what I do.”

From Arturo Yepez (MFA 07):  “FSU has a lot to do in the current health of the Ecuadorian  film industry:  2 active directors (Juan Jacome (BFA 06)
and  Diego Araujo (MFA 04)); 2 active cinematographers (Daniel Aviles (MFA 09)
and Santiago Oviedo (MFA 16)) and one producer Arturo Yepez (MFA 07) are the Ecuadorian FSU Film School alumni working in Ecuador.

From Samantha Polan (BFA 09) “I'm so proud to announce the documentary, Foster,  I have been producing for the last 2 years has been bought by HBO. The film follows foster youth, parents, and social workers as they navigate the system in Los Angeles. The film will premiere on HBO in 2019. Really excited to share with everyone!
https://www.participantmedia.com/2018/08/hbo-acquires-worldwide-rights-documentary-foster-oscar%C2%AE-winners-mark-jonathan-harris-and<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.participantmedia.com_2018_08_hbo-2Dacquires-2Dworldwide-2Drights-2Ddocumentary-2Dfoster-2Doscar-25C2-25AE-2Dwinners-2Dmark-2Djonathan-2Dharris-2Dand&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=5rx-pl-pvqjntXnLMdSR2nCZ978eRMHlUsF7_hwH9S4&s=D-M6BV3wv-q5wJDVyZt71Q0_0-GJuq1K_BwYDcsxZd0&e=>”

From Billy Hanson (BFA 05). “Excited to share some big news with everyone... After several horror films and horror scripts and horror comics, I figured it was time for me to write a horror book! This October, I'll be releasing an anthology of short horror stories, called SPIDER SEASON.  I'm immensely proud of this book. There are 10 dark stories, edited by Roz Weisberg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_roz.weisberg.9-3Ffref-3Dmentions-26-5F-5Fxts-5F-5F-255B0-255D-3D68.ARA08HpnOYWsOsecryuYIqAFlh7aEWeBpOhnMaYLyRfDDUWFTeJMQQ7fqyyK-2DWyOCTwOXNKydp27KjlYarfwefUws6A7AsiShyKuF4rL3nVXDCPylwCbh0kvEMr3byRShvJq-2Djm0zAsO2-5F-5Fh5TkhpJ3Zjizu0CwWnFg0zaBJ-2DAfRoysrHlhA63G0bRg-26-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3DK-2DRH-2DR&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=HLSuWAPnSH-ZmRjVhbq-fsf8IKXW1g_G63SgorGF_i8&s=gWlamBMUuDE1Tz_XV5DbxqYQR3i4J5TcnP1DUswCbAk&e=>, with gorgeous illustrations for each by Karl Slominski<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_KidReverie-3Ffref-3Dmentions-26-5F-5Fxts-5F-5F-255B0-255D-3D68.ARA08HpnOYWsOsecryuYIqAFlh7aEWeBpOhnMaYLyRfDDUWFTeJMQQ7fqyyK-2DWyOCTwOXNKydp27KjlYarfwefUws6A7AsiShyKuF4rL3nVXDCPylwCbh0kvEMr3byRShvJq-2Djm0zAsO2-5F-5Fh5TkhpJ3Zjizu0CwWnFg0zaBJ-2DAfRoysrHlhA63G0bRg-26-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3DK-2DRH-2DR&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=HLSuWAPnSH-ZmRjVhbq-fsf8IKXW1g_G63SgorGF_i8&s=yehUow9Z-sYzv2d0iiMPFLduTQ__Ai4zImvm4yL9Yyc&e=>. The official release date is October 9th, but the book is available for Pre-Order now on Amazon (https://goo.gl/LHgVwf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__l.facebook.com_l.php-3Fu-3Dhttps-253A-252F-252Fgoo.gl-252FLHgVwf-26h-3DAT1CloHPNiAce8uA35iT9PZGoSxYbJMRbk4G3fUJtafME9lRCWGbZ4IN780GqhlRYvNMujcHfvrHxHZanpBJQBdpVluXs89tdIZkDvlPVzb8xvVm7BB2bsVLIT-2DqH4itUkP3w8yybrbB0z8KaRsXk5G34OkPtYU5I2mZbpypJU-5FB-5FeJ9uR-2D9zCkcpxakMZXB07qV4-2DObQCSKYafq2uBbglblnaN-5FltYNECPC-5FIFJiLJGFYYPhQtCee-2D8khRBecZi3RdNlKQFj6yL-5FD2yerT-2DMvsfmNmvJ9H1L6Vfs4Du-5FeFhIxGXMhDM-5F7bXIT1s55n11aIUky6zeSXIEI1uYRmOzNGwVnuaHbiPD6tiXBhFiXTdM2FFWDX1EldygzSQVFgo6LIgTB2GxwFk4RsusLh-2DIaLXvSnake-2Dfk2c6IXaPAn1AsHnjK5725nnE-2Dg&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=HLSuWAPnSH-ZmRjVhbq-fsf8IKXW1g_G63SgorGF_i8&s=RyQyPrbaBvyEtqSHyGETmhKSPZUAnSQIunTNjWcM7nw&e=>).  I've been working on this for the last few years now, but wanted to keep it close to the chest until it was 100% finished and ready to share in its entirety. Early reviews are overwhelmingly positive, so I'm thrilled to finally share this with you all!”

From Will Sampson (BFA 09)  “Ok the 22nd was a career highlight. Our video was introduced by the head of the Denver Film Society right before Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats went on AFTER the opening act. They called Brian Barrow (BFA 09) and I on stage and we got to walk out to 10 thousand cheering fans and say thank you before they played our video on the screen. We ran around and got to watch it along with the entire audience. I'm just so thankful to Kyle DeSpiegler (BFA acting) and Bronwyn Morrill (BFA acting) for their amazing performance without which non of this would have happened. For  Tiara Olson (BFA 2018) for literally doing everything else. Brian for being on set and pulling focus then editing and coloring this. This was above and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. Got to feel like a rock star if only for a second! Earlier this year a video I shot for Kane Brown and Lauren Alaina took home the CMT award for best collaborative video of the year which was another highlight for sure! Later this month I have a music video coming out for artist Lucas Graham for a new single “Love Someone”. I got to go back to my hometown in Kentucky to film it and am really happy with what we made. Erica Chan (MFA 15) was the AC and only other crew member. Also in the video are a few shots of my love, Lexa Payne (BFA 12). Look out for it! Brian and I also got to meet a new BFA, Landon, after the show. He also entered the contest and made a killer video. We got in touch after the competition and I realized he was about to head to FSU to go to the Film School so we made a point of saying hi after the show. Don't know how that fits in but it sure was a small world moment and really neat! “

Listen to Kelsey Scott (MFA) talk about writing at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1hk-YUuD4&feature=share

From Katherine Oostman and Nikki Lee (both MFA 17). “Hey everyone! We have released the second part of our podcast trilogy featuring alums who have been out a year and are working in either New York, Atlanta, or LA! This iteration features Jared Hopkins (BFA 2017) as he talks about working in the union as an SLT living in Atlanta. He has some awesome things to say and we're so grateful he took the time to share his experience with us. We have one more interview in this series and hope these have been helpful to those of you who have just graduated/are looking at where you might like to move. We're planning more exciting conversations to come. Thank you for all your kind words and support. You can find the episodes here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-new-deal/id1414776042?mt=2<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__itunes.apple.com_us_podcast_the-2Dnew-2Ddeal_id1414776042-3Fmt-3D2&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=AKr1vrFLdkC_lNWgNAE7IjMh8hOqF8gWm4NXB3s4txs&s=TBd536Hw7JgatppfrWZJUmOpw8SR2ddlXJxleTd-FUo&e=>

Lauren Miller Rogen (BFA 03) -  On the Six Year Journey Of Her Netflix Film 'Like Father' | In Studio - The Hollywood Reporter:  https://apple.news/A2W1vaySRRmKG4bo7kdOhqg
From Rachel Stephens (BFA 11)  “Ya'll I just launched my baby/thriller feature film Alaska<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_alaskathefilm_-3Ffref-3Dmentions-26-5F-5Fxts-5F-5F-255B0-255D-3D68.ARCw3g8kopIVWYYRFIJ7LfvEJnbFX6na9kuCj9VjUzx9zOQsXynIE3VYiBT5Vxt-2DMI5-2D-2DXPU1BolcvXYw4Gx-5FmoFFXIaTgS1y34Fio8JuIOg07iJso4DEUU9Br5C1oF9TFtugd5FJTLEfOw9UOiRB4wZeUDuypEfin8BFsjrRIa8PwtbO5uFU9xqZg-26-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3DK-2DR&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=QzA2_8rYz4i1qFbh8dcFa0y0klI1C1gAF6yDdoowEyA&s=zQ13wphTDFakmcMO__xdozfi7u2CWFria5cMa1R3yl0&e=> on Kickstarter this morning! We just hit over 10% of our goal within the first 8 hours and my heart is freaking bursting!!! Please consider checking out the campaign, making a pledge if you're able, and sharing anywhere and everyone you can, so that we can finally see this (literal childhood) dream to completion! It's super scary to have to ask for help but, if making this film has taught me anything, it's the best things always lie on the other side of fear..
From Christina Campaganola (BFA 12)  “I’d love to connect with any FSU Alumni attending TIFF this year! I’ll be in Toronto from September 6th to 11th. “Reach out to me at ccampagnola at apa-agency.com<mailto:ccampagnola at apa-agency.com>.”

From Mike Culyba (MFA 98) “Los Angeles friends. The latest documentary film I edited, www.lifeinthedoghousemovie.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lifeinthedoghousemovie.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=c8KM3kL4x0KwwwGlnGd1ZzwX7Hpmis2v2D5lQpFdgIU&s=wv6JDxG_VSj9LBoHTWq06VIeOxt2FlMNDuJnISItcLw&e=>, is premiering in LA on Wednesday, September 5th. It's a benefit screening in which all proceeds are donated to A Purposeful Rescue<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_A-2DPurposeful-2DRescue-2D597589450294260_-3Ffref-3Dmentions-26-5F-5Fxts-5F-5F-255B0-255D-3D68.ARCM4ovATbq-5F5CxmoKGI3LCdly0RmoV2bPFhKL6dfkoDe4NoaESXFyRisfDgRK6vLPT7YTTEDa6VNrRLWgNPWatv8qyCVRTT9-2DUd0b1qYtvyMchISbba8vbYbU0bpnCgVpK4ywY-26-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3DK-2DR&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=c8KM3kL4x0KwwwGlnGd1ZzwX7Hpmis2v2D5lQpFdgIU&s=g6L9FnTfnYx5LtsFc-_VVKVR1Btw9rz-F1TbxA-DVgs&e=>. A Los Angeles dog rescue that saves dogs from hi-intake LA and surrounding area shelters. I'm very proud of the film. I hope you can make this enjoyable movie and save some dogs at the same time. Get tix here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/life-in-the-doghouse-la-premie…<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eventbrite.com_e_life-2Din-2Dthe-2Ddoghouse-2Dla-2Dpremiere-2Dbenefit-2Dtickets-2D48540348489&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=c8KM3kL4x0KwwwGlnGd1ZzwX7Hpmis2v2D5lQpFdgIU&s=NLIF1BIWbzABVgkXV-zAFd6QzqeBwmQFLzVR2y8IErk&e=>     It’s also screening in New York City, Thursday Sept. 13th at the Union Square 14 Theater. I’ll be attending and hope to see you there. Purchase tickets here: https://gathr.us/screening/23538<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gathr.us_screening_23538&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=c8KM3kL4x0KwwwGlnGd1ZzwX7Hpmis2v2D5lQpFdgIU&s=hjMMO_mpiRKjFcNlU5f-yHpNLsU38L97HU2baGC7XQU&e=>
More information about the film and other screenings around the country here: http://www.lifeinthedoghousemovie.com/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lifeinthedoghousemovie.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=c8KM3kL4x0KwwwGlnGd1ZzwX7Hpmis2v2D5lQpFdgIU&s=wv6JDxG_VSj9LBoHTWq06VIeOxt2FlMNDuJnISItcLw&e=>

From Diego Araujo (MFA 04):  Our second feature, "Black Hole", will have its U.S. premiere at the American Film Institute Latin American Film Festival, at the AFI Silver Theatre in Maryland. Alumni in the DC/Maryland area, we hope to see you there! http://www.afi.com/silver/laff/latinfilmlist2018.aspx<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.afi.com_silver_laff_latinfilmlist2018.aspx&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=7e8OpP1euo6fTMg1-VabbfoEEA4yn9rzWD5ASap3zS4&s=kK7UhYja12hkxafX10iYr0jN1nMnlxBfw3JcO_olc4Y&e=>  "Black Hole" is currently playing at the Montreal World Film Festival, had its World Premiere at BAFICI in Buenos Aires last April and is opening in cinemas in Ecuador next week.   Berlin-based sales company M-appeal picked the film for world distribution.”

From Andy Rogers (MFA 18). “I just got an update, and it seems my feature script “Jackalopes” is one of the Top 50 screenplays in the 2018 Academy Nicholl’s Fellowship in Screenwriting competition! However, the caveat is that I did not progress to the Finalist Round. Either way, I’m glad to have made it this far and represented the FSU Film School among the nearly 7,000 scripts that were submitted!”

From Kelly Bumford (BFA 09) “Hi friends! Gonna toot my horn a little bit - this past year, I’ve incorporated (Warrior Woman Productions, Inc.!) and in the past month I’ve fully insured my company w/ production insurance & worker’s comp! I feel like a real business lady! <image001.png>💁‍♀️ I’ve already run 2 productions through my company, and have a couple more on the horizon. I’ve updated my website - take a peek, and if you have any projects looking for a producer or you’re in need of a budget, hit me up.  I do have a TV pilot happening in late September for which I’ll need a production coordinator and some PAs (paid) and a short film in early November that I’ll need several positions (volunteer) - so if you have any recent grads who want to get into production send them my way!
Kelly Bumford | Producer
Warrior Woman Productions, Inc.
Cell: 412-719-7201
kellybumford at me.com<mailto:kellybumford at me.com>
kellybumford.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.kellybumford.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=rPjpcDVM3TkmZWerVVYvXR89lK7Cize1lXQGV7ldnO8&s=lapM8_2depukprKOCvqD7vYhK05btOXct17qTac4Lw0&e=>

From Ryan Causey (BFA 06)  “High End scripted cable comedy looking for production type of support work. Work window 12-15 weeks, with around 6-9 of that in south america.   Must have the following:   Production or Post Production Office Experience. Fluent in Spanish and English. Okay to live in LA or NYC in the US. Valid Passport. Project starts soon, done by end of the year more or less.   Send resumes to: orangescouse at gmail.com<mailto:orangescouse at gmail.com>

From David Saint (MFA 09). “We are hiring a Community Editor position at Funny Or Die to write smart funny articles and more for the site and beyond. Message me for details and if you know of someone.saint at funnyordie.com<mailto:saint at funnyordie.com>

Amazon Show Casting for FTM Actor, 18. Marja-Lewis Ryan (Showrunner, L-Word) is looking for a Trans Asian-American Man to play an 18-year old, FTM, quiet, gamer for her Amazon show. No experience but teachable welcome. Please send headshot, link to short (15 sec) video clip (youtube only, set to private is ok) and 5-sentence max bio to KakiSXSW at gmail.com<mailto:KakiSXSW at gmail.com>

Film Independent is proud to be a leader in the fight to make the film industry more inclusive. For a quarter-century, our most vital and effective program serving to accomplish that goal is Project Involve, an intensive nine-month program supporting filmmakers from communities typically underrepresented in film and entertainment.  Each year, 30 emerging filmmakers from diverse backgrounds are given the opportunity to hone skills, form creative partnerships, create short films and gain industry access needed to succeed as working artists. This robust program pairs participants with mentors at the top of their respective field, provides hands-on filmmaking experience from pre-production through premiere and much more. If you're passionate and focused with an original voice and commitment to collaboration, we encourage you to apply.  To apply and for more information, go here: https://www.filmindependent.org/programs/project-involve/
This is your chance to get your screenplay into the hands of studio executives and possibly win $15,000! The Kairos Prize for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplays was established by MOVIEGUIDE® in 2005 with the primary purpose to further the influence of moral and spiritual values within the film and television industries. Since its inaugural year in 2006, the Kairos Prize has helped to open doors for its winners as they have gone on to sign with top agencies and have their scripts optioned and produced. The prize, now in its 14th season, has witnessed several winning scripts head into production. Just last year, a major studio released one of our finalists nationwide in theaters! While the Kairos Prize was created for first-time screenwriters, the $15,000 Kairos Pro Prize opens the competition to screenwriters who have sold scripts for $5,000 or more.  In addition to the cash prize, the names and log lines of the winner and all finalists will be announced via press release to the media, trade publications, studios, agents and producers and will be posted at www.movieguide.org, which is viewed by more than 1.5 million people a year! Also, key entertainment industry studio executives will review the winning script.The deadline for this life-changing opportunity is this month, so don’t miss out!  https://www.kairosprize.com/submit/?utm_source=Kairos%20Creative%20Screenwriting&utm_medium=Dedicated%20Email

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – August 23, 2018

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was awarded Best Student Film and Inked (BFA F3 2018 Kyra Gardner) was a finalist in the Cult Critic Awards, September 1 in Calcutta, India. For more information about this festival and competition, go to http://hlc-cultcritic.com/cult-critic-movie-awards/.

Bomb Shell (BFA F3 2018 Ryland Carlin), Open Up (BFA F3 2018 Savannah Berube) and Paper Love Story (BFA F1 2017 Annika Ciul) were selected for screening at the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers Festival in Florida, October 19-20. For more information about this festival, go to MelbourneFilmFest.com.

Harmony (BFA F3 2018 Tyler Kula), Cruisin’ (BFA F3 2018 Brandon Knack), Wiener Roast (BFA F3 2018 Emma Landeche) and Enyol the Luminary (BFA F3 2018 Elyse Carley) were selected for screening at the Rendezvous Film Festival on Fernandina Beach, Florida, September 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.rendezvousfilmfestival.net/.

Flag Duty (BFA F3 2018 Raymond Knudsen) and Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) were selected for screening at the NC Black Film Festival in Wilmington, North Carolina, September 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.blackartsalliance.org.

Everyone Loves a Panda (MFA D2 2017 Brandon Shenk) was selected for screening at the HorrorQuest Film Festival in Atlanta, October 19-21. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.thehorrorquest.com/.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was invited to screen at the opening night of Street Movies, an outdoor screening series in Philadelphia that starts on August 9. For more information about this series go to www.scribe.org<http://www.scribe.org/>.

Mama I Wanna March (MTH 2017 Malcolm Baity) and Sight (MTH 2017 Janeen Talbott) were selected for screening at the BronzeLens Film Festival in Atlanta, August 22-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.bronzelensfilmfestival.com/.

The Terrible Trio (MFA Thesis 2017 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Montreal World Film Festival’s Student Film Festival in Canada, August 25-29. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ffm-montreal.org<http://www.ffm-montreal.org/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Toronto Indie Horror Fest, August 29 – September 1. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.toindiehorrorfest.com/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) is nominated for Best Student Film in the Cult Critic Awards, September 1 in Calcutta, India. For more information about this festival and competition, go to http://hlc-cultcritic.com/cult-critic-movie-awards/.

The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien), Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) and The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) were selected for screening at the Broad Humor Film Festival in Los Angeles, August 30 – September 2. For more information about this festival, go to www.broadhumor.com.

American Music (MFA D2 2017 Wesley Fleming) was selected for screening at the Urban Film Festival in Miami, August 31 – September 2. For more information about this festival, go to www.urbanfilmfestivals.com<http://www.urbanfilmfestivals.com/>.

Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth) and Connect (BFA Thesis 2017 Gabe Souza) and The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro) were selected for screening at the Dragon Con Independent Short Film Festival in Atlanta, August 30 – September 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://filmfest.dragoncon.org/>.

Ms. Omniscience (MFA D2 2017 Xiao Ma), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena)  and Basics (BFA Thesis 2017 Spencer Smyth) were selected for screening at the Burbank International Film Festival, September 5-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.burbankfilmfestival.org<http://www.burbankfilmfestival.org/>.

Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires) and The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) were selected for screening at the All Genders, Lifestyles and Identities Film Festival (aGliff) in Austin, September 6-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.agliff.org.

Graveyard Shift (MFA D1 2017 Alex McFry), Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff), Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2017 Bethany Miller), Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones), Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole) and The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival (CENFLO) in Mount Dora, Florida, September 7-9. Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2017 Bethany Miller) and Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) are nominated for Best Student Film. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com/>.

Red, White and Navy (BFA Documentary 2018 Royce Marnell) was selected for screening at the Documentary Short Film Festival in Missoula, Montana, September 4-18. For more information about this festival, go to https://theaudienceawards.com/the-audience-awards/2018-audfest-documentary-short-film-festival-46194.

Inked (BFA F3 2018 Kyra Gardner) and Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) were selected for screening at the Detroit Shetown Women’s Film Festival, September 13-16. For more information about this festival, go to www.detroitshetownfilmfestival.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.detroitshetownfilmfestival.com_&d=DwMF-g&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=NYh993oAf2U40wEt5_QRSO0ATdBl5wTAlZlQ794wGJU&s=PMC0uz6wT3kiNKjpcpSIWi65CKbtrTd4B8uc4ep3TIk&e=>.

Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) and American Music (MFA D2 2017 Wesley Fleming) were selected for screening at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival on September 16. For more information about this festival, go to https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com/

Maria (BFA F3 2017 Illiana Ipes) was selected for screening at the Global Peace Film Festival in Orlando, September 18-23. For more information about this festival, go to www.peacefilmfest.org<http://www.peacefilmfest.org/>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson), Basics (BFA Thesis 2017 Spencer Smyth), Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) and The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth) were selected for screening at the FilmQuest Festival in Salt Lake City, September 7-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmquestfestival.com.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien), Edgar & Ellie (MFA D2 2017 Jonpaul Rodriguez), Schwinging (MFA D2 2017 Dylan Zivitz) were selected for screening at the Austin Revolution Film Festival, September 17-22. The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was nominated for Best University Film, Best Cinematography Short and the Rising Voice Award.  Edgar & Ellie (MFA D2 2017 Jonpaul Rodriguez) was nominated for Writer/Director of the Year, Rising Voices, Best University Film. Schwinging (MFA D2 2017 Dylan Zivitz) was nominated for Best Student Director of a Short, and Best Actor in a Student Short For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolution.com<https://austinrevolution.com/>.

Inked (BFA F3 2018 Kyra Gardner), A Dark Place (BFA F3 2018 David Kroonen) and Open Up (BFA F3 2018 Savannah Berube) were selected for screening at the Rendezvous Film Festival on Fernandina Beach, Florida, September 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.rendezvousfilmfestival.net/.

Sink or Swim (BFA Thesis 2017 Justin Burt) was selected for screening at the Austin Revolution Film Festival, September 17-22. For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolution.com<https://austinrevolution.com/>.

The Terrible Trio (MFA Thesis 2017 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Jerome Indie Film & Music Festival in Jerome, Arizona, September 27-30. For more information about this festival, go to http://jeromefilmfestival.com/.

Mama I Wanna March (MTH 2017 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the Baltimore International Black Film Festival, October 2-8. For more information about this festival, go to www.bibff.com.

Reanimated (BFA Documentary 2018 Shae Demandt) is a Semi-Finalist in the Student Academy Awards competition. Winners will be announced in October. For more information about this competition, go to http://www.oscars.org/saa.

Sleeves (BFA Documentary 2018 Carrie Carusone) was selected for screening at the Fashion Film Festival Chicago on October 15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.fashionfilmfestivalchicago.com/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was invited to screen at the All Lights India International Film Festival in Hyderabad, India, December 1-4. For more information about this festival, go to http://aliiff.com<http://aliiff.com/>.