[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 8.19.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Aug 16 17:58:53 EDT 2018

From Chris Alender (BFA 98). “Our feature film "The Wind" has been accepted into the Midnight Madness program at TIFF 2018. Created in part by many FSU grads including writer Teresa Sutherland (MFA 12), editor Alex Amick (BFA 11), producer Christopher Alender, and the staff of Soapbox Films which has too many grads to count. The movie is about a woman on the American frontier who is haunted by demons both imagined and real. Fun fact: this whole thing started when Chris met Teresa at the 2012 MFA graduation ceremony. We're really excited about our world premiere on September 10 and hope to see more alums up in Toronto!”

From Darren Hoffman (BFA 05)  "Have been very much enjoying working with the students and faculty as Entrepreneur-In-Residence at the Film School. While I still live and work in NYC, I am able to travel to Tallahassee several times each year to give workshops and consult with students one-on-one every week over the phone and via video chat in between trips. I'm learning a lot in this process and look forward to continuing. Its great to be part of the FSU family again.  Also I'll be in London August 18th - 22nd performing with my band Uncle Nef - unclenef.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__unclenef.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=_1nJfTbblkTn1vGoiH8hhUGpQvlZpKWoPO43ehJb2nc&s=pHPtI9Gy5d3YxG5Y876VXc0HUpk5DpfzF6niwSG_1qM&e=> - followed by a screening of a documentary film I made a few years back: TRADITION IS A TEMPLE - traditionisatemple.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__traditionisatemple.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=_1nJfTbblkTn1vGoiH8hhUGpQvlZpKWoPO43ehJb2nc&s=ucoc7yGuOX2N4aRUu4XVqSm22F7ZRM6YMKOaKokJpJ4&e=> - at the Auvernier Jazz Festival. Many alumni worked on this project including Patrick Stafford (BFA 08), James Laxton (BFA 03), Demetrius Wren (BFA 05), Ryland Jones (BFA 09), Benedict Kasulis (BFA 04) and more. Uncle Nef will again make an appearance at this festival on the 25th. If anyone is in London or the Swiss Alps during this time, would love to see you there. Here are some links: https://www.the100club.co.uk/events/uncle-nef-shannon-powell/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.the100club.co.uk_events_uncle-2Dnef-2Dshannon-2Dpowell_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=_1nJfTbblkTn1vGoiH8hhUGpQvlZpKWoPO43ehJb2nc&s=vu4PZrS4085jwg9gSx3z-OVO-D0omfM_1ZFlamP_xd8&e=> + https://www.auvernierjazz.ch/album/tradition-is-a-temple/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.auvernierjazz.ch_album_tradition-2Dis-2Da-2Dtemple_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=_1nJfTbblkTn1vGoiH8hhUGpQvlZpKWoPO43ehJb2nc&s=B9NGOB3zq7V9XE2owyy_D8PyEOrV9uDZ_tP2inuW51A&e=> "

From Kelly Bumford (BFA. 09). “Last year, I produced a very ambitious short film - shot on 35mm, overnights in the middle of nowhere - but came out victorious with some beautifully shot film! And now I'm happy to say it's almost ready for the world to see! We're submitting to festivals currently but in the meantime check out the website and follow Hurry Up And Wait Short Film<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hurryupandwaitshortfilm_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mAsTjTp9i7YlcZWdVnPnDdwB-b2aGyQhhL_zSr8QH9E&s=TTBwoEwIXcNWXSVXvpOe6em0SjX2-G8hvUlzxKVoPcY&e=> on FB & IG for more updates! Happy to have had so many FSU alums with me - couldn't have done it without them! [cid:image001.png at 01D4358A.CC13B6B0] :)

Co-Producer: Samantha Polan<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_samanthampolan&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mAsTjTp9i7YlcZWdVnPnDdwB-b2aGyQhhL_zSr8QH9E&s=2zLsPOXxv6-ZHbIKiOMUsX8ziMq-NsoAa0oQnNrUn0I&e=> (BFA 09)
DP: Idan Menin<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_idan.menin&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mAsTjTp9i7YlcZWdVnPnDdwB-b2aGyQhhL_zSr8QH9E&s=0m5FSk2y4knY3L2QRWf1Z1psuwlOdwRUv_vkz2oUxPI&e=> (BFA 11)
Gaffer: Jacob Abrams<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_Jacob.Abrams1&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mAsTjTp9i7YlcZWdVnPnDdwB-b2aGyQhhL_zSr8QH9E&s=3pVjel0cvJAsaFz0rEpX26Z1rZhlKzsAm3AlZUuOhaE&e=> (BFA 11)
1AD: Holly Pearson<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_holly.pearson.5245&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mAsTjTp9i7YlcZWdVnPnDdwB-b2aGyQhhL_zSr8QH9E&s=UohlKK8vx3ufWWtdXv_6OsUWDuUe1v8CVfiX1K-kpA8&e=> (BFA 12)
MORE ABOUT THE FILM: https://www.hurryupandwaitshortfilm.com/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__l.facebook.com_l.php-3Fu-3Dhttps-253A-252F-252Fwww.hurryupandwaitshortfilm.com-252F-26h-3DAT2VCGOxaPnaiJcJ5vSu0sBN6trm-5FxAWUFqihhtzq1svWZIThfY-5F8WzvTY1fxCkdOOTBK3TRopYyjAKIYDkAeVmvIYT-5F3A9VLKsBVk0C9fqob3P5KIcy2llEPha-5FC2B0sgtZn-5FKdQnc&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mAsTjTp9i7YlcZWdVnPnDdwB-b2aGyQhhL_zSr8QH9E&s=GUX10rdBDWzwcz3ziHstnH3CfHZPcJ2Qw47TvjBiWZM&e=>
From Kelsey Scott (MFA):  Thrilled to be a part of this psychological thriller by Writer/Director Kevin Ward. Comedy veteran Jonathan Mangum (Whose Line Is it Anyway?) engineers a dramatic about-face as our leading man. We’re beginning our festival journey and are elated about the possibilities:) www.apatientman.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.apatientman.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mY9h8aoZ_4Ym6UJZgcXJ6-JwZhJYt9iEJNciIfwByZ4&s=NgaVhJZnmxOnQe6yEbkGAWeLAAncPYre_mALpPtcomI&e=>
From Christina Wren (wife of alum Dee Wren (BFA 05). “Hicksters is a modern day Green Acres, following a hipster couple from New York City as they try their hand at farming in rural America. And our couple happens to be an adorable woman in hijab and a classy Black man #realtalk<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_results-3Fsearch-5Fquery-3D-2523realtalk&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=JoGxWHiF6ey_623rDw4n302CpvEXXQvGfwekAE0QWJM&s=ex71pyPmhHKj6AsP1HlUrdnDzqNBAooUqcId-hFIZUA&e=>. A story about mixing, about striving to make life work as a millennial, about our current economy and cultural landscape, Hicksters is a quirky exploration of what it really means to be an American.  Demetrius shot and directed it and also wrote episode 2. It is a 6 episode mini-series. I also workshopped the pilot in a writer’s group with FSU alums Erin Cancino (BFA 06) , Billy Hanson (BFA05), Nick Zayas (BFA 06) , Miguel Nolla (BFA 05) , Colin Whitman (BFA06)  and Keisha Ansley ^BFA 05) !

From Donna Wheeler (MFA 91). “I can now tell you guys about this cool honor - one of my feature film scripts was selected out of thousands for the2018 #OaxacaFilmFestival<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hashtag_oaxacafilmfestival-3Fsource-3Dfeed-5Ftext&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=XmfrNcdio6LcNpbDxlAz_KQq4RESAa8Knvpx6bF-eKs&s=lBANYLH7jflQjXVJ13TXy5_Q6syUrjfLhAMP7rNvZX0&e=>#officialselection<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hashtag_officialselection-3Fsource-3Dfeed-5Ftext&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=XmfrNcdio6LcNpbDxlAz_KQq4RESAa8Knvpx6bF-eKs&s=mT7TzCmGe4ddFMozeF8DZux_1ut8A03GfU_uzGpKZN4&e=>  I’ve been informed it’s in competition for 2 awards: 2018 Global Script Challenge, Best Overall Script and is one of 20 projects selected as a Finalist for Best Break Out project  It’s all amazing and my total gratitude to the staff and team at #oaxaca<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hashtag_oaxaca-3Fsource-3Dfeed-5Ftext&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=XmfrNcdio6LcNpbDxlAz_KQq4RESAa8Knvpx6bF-eKs&s=lc9PHYeBXdK5TSY9gRf-ul4w9yrs0xFZb2JyNxsLXsY&e=> for all their awesomeness in supporting our voices and stories across #mexico<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hashtag_mexico-3Fsource-3Dfeed-5Ftext&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=XmfrNcdio6LcNpbDxlAz_KQq4RESAa8Knvpx6bF-eKs&s=TzELQ5YXTx4JA4Q-PpDRfiAhtAQcGYAI42B6UvAb4Gs&e=> and the globe”

Ryan O'Connell (MFA 09) will be starring as Charles Manson in the 2 hour docu-drama special "Inside the Manon Cult: the Lost Tapes" premiering on September 17th on FOX.  The reenactment scenes were shot in several Phoenix-area locations back in February. The piece will be narrated by Liev Schreiber. Here's an article in Deadline:
https://deadline.com/2018/08/inside-the-manson-cult-trailer-fox-premiere-date-liev-schreiber-1202443184/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__deadline.com_2018_08_inside-2Dthe-2Dmanson-2Dcult-2Dtrailer-2Dfox-2Dpremiere-2Ddate-2Dliev-2Dschreiber-2D1202443184_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=ICU6r6wxcVmDIcqlrOvrQT7MZERtYTUSla27XRHppAw&s=g7HPybqABy0MxH5atLpT6ZZstAiMv0GvxaACSvXVJ4U&e=>

From Steven Moyer (MFA 97). “Get ready for the Big-One! Fox 9-1-1 Sept 23 &24 on Fox. Produced by The Arsenal Film & Creative and Directed and Director of Photography by Steven Faulkner Moyer<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_sfmoyer-3Ffref-3Dmentions&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=XtC2UBRzKjried0KgCtKKjhNBHc98D0-FavJNhi-EHQ&s=o44n6g5zUl-_kqSe_5_6yQ7FZRfmjIzaEbZ0spYmhbM&e=>

From Kemari Ihlenfedt (BFA 14)  “My wedding videography Business, Kemari Lyn Films, is doing well! I absolutely love working for myself, getting to know couples and others in the wedding industry, and also creating films that people will keep for generations. We’re in Tampa now. We’re serving Tampa, Orlando, and Central Florida primarily but we travel to any destination worldwide. My business is Kemari Lyn Films and my site iswww.kemarilynfilms.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.kemarilynfilms.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=4C0OwsbMAGm_A4quJobuaeideqnBnSt2DAQ_zhR6h7k&s=KZvdgdwW3QpWy8V9loM7Z0xhFsJ2Uqvo6jxiLc8NOlo&e=>   We’ve been booking up quite a bit both in Florida and across the US. My films have been featured on multiple wedding platforms  and blogs including Martha Stewart Weddings, The White Wren, and Love Stories TV to name a few. I was also one of only 10 videographers in the US  nominated for the Love Stories TV annual wedding film awards in the (wedding blog) Editor’s choice award category. I’m so thankful for being able to do what I do and to work with such amazing and joyful couples!

From JohnRoss Hawkins (MFA 16). “Since graduating from Florida State University, I have been working for COSA VFX (Gotham, Agents of Shield, West World, Lucifer, The Gifted, The Mist, and Stranger Things) as a Production Assistant for the past two years. I am thrilled to report that I have been promoted to On-Set VFX Data Wrangler. I am currently working in Atlanta on the set on season two of Fox’s hit show, The Gifted. “

From Patrick Saxer (BFA 18). “I’m excited to share that I’ve begun working at NO6 a boutique post production house in New York City. They were originally looking for an office PA but have decided instead to start me in their vault doing data/asset management, working with the editors and assistants directly. They hadn’t really heard of our school before, however, were impressed by the experience FSU Film provides and one of the managers now wants her niece to apply to the college! It’s been an eventful first two weeks up here though not without a warm welcome from our FSU family. Can’t wait to meet more ‘Noles in New York.”

From Nathan Cohen (BFA 18) Just wanted to pass along this branded spot for EA Madden19 that I did for vine/YouTube/Instagram creator Rudy Mancuso. I’ve known him and his creative partner Alex since high school, and we finally got the chance to work together. It was run and gun; I co-produced, 1st AD’d, and even did a little directing on day 2. As of sending this to you, Tuesday, it already has more than 150,000 views and it’s only been out for a few hours. Other than that I have been writing, working PA gigs here in NYC, and I just said goodbye to Erik Kallin (BFA ADA18) after he crashed in my house for a month. https://youtu.be/CYOcGoiszL0<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_CYOcGoiszL0&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=C34ycB0wMMqkjYWsxxPBbRhq3Z1-Ni7Z54t8YdJRghI&s=X9cxkFSS8ddn9qjCMaQJ180jP5anfQ43FRySK-attvY&e=>

 Sundance Institute<http://www.sundance.org/> and Adobe Project 1324<https://project1324.com/org/DDOKq> are teaming up to find the next 15 Sundance Ignite Fellows – emerging filmmakers who are creating stories that bring their passion, voice, and perspective to life.  Go to  https://tinyurl.com/ya4q9zrd

We are the BFA graduating class of FSU's College of Motion Picture Arts and we're about to create our Thesis Films. We are beyond excited to ]]begin this process and create a platform to show our creative capabilities when we head out into the industry.  Our college invests in our talents by providing all production costs, but we are looking to raise funds to give these films the final push they need to reach their full potential. This is where YOU come in!Your donations will help us pay for the abundant number of production costs: craft services, paying actors, equipment rentals, production design, costumes, makeup, special effects, digital models, and original scores. Any amount will help, whether it’s big or small. We are so appreciative of any support from friends, family, and our community.  If you’d like to learn more about the filmmakers in our class, visit fb.me/ThesisSparkCampaign.  We will be featuring a filmmaker every day as well as other updates about our thesis journey for the duration of the campaign.  Thank you for helping us tell our stories!  Link:
http://spark.fsu.edu/Project/418/Support-the-BFA-2019-Thesis-Films

The Warren  Report is coming to you today from the marshes of South Carolina.  Spent a couple of days in Charleston, meandering north to Philadelphia, then to VA to visit my best friend from high school, then to Atlanta to see our son and family.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – August 16, 2018

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) is nominated for Best Student Film in the Cult Critic Awards, September 1 in Calcutta, India. For more information about this festival and competition, go to http://hlc-cultcritic.com/cult-critic-movie-awards/.

Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2017 Bethany Miller) and Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) are nominated for Best Student Film at the Central Florida Film Festival (CENFLO) in Mount Dora, Florida, September 7-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com/>.

The Terrible Trio (MFA Thesis 2017 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Jerome Indie Film & Music Festival in Jerome, Arizona, September 27-30. For more information about this festival, go to http://jeromefilmfestival.com/.

The Terrible Trio (MFA Thesis 2017 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Montreal World Film Festival’s Student Film Festival in Canada, August 25-29. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ffm-montreal.org<http://www.ffm-montreal.org/>.

Mama I Wanna March (MTH 2017 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the Baltimore International Black Film Festival, October 2-8. For more information about this festival, go to www.bibff.com.

Red, White and Navy (BFA Documentary 2018 Royce Marnell) was selected for screening in the monthly edition of the Miami Independent Film Festival (Mindie). For more information about this festival, go to https://miamindiefest.com/.

Red, White and Navy (BFA Documentary 2018 Royce Marnell) was selected for screening at the Documentary Short Film Festival in Missoula, Montana, September 4-18. For more information about this festival, go to https://theaudienceawards.com/the-audience-awards/2018-audfest-documentary-short-film-festival-46194.

Open Up (BFA F3 2018 Savannah Berube) was selected for screening at the Rendezvous Film Festival on Fernandina Beach, Florida, September 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.rendezvousfilmfestival.net/.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was invited to screen at the opening night of Street Movies, an outdoor screening series in Philadelphia that starts on August 9. For more information about this series go to www.scribe.org<http://www.scribe.org/>.

Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) was selected for screening at the Trinity International Film Festival in Detroit, August 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to http://trinityinternationalfilmfest.blogspot.com/.

Mama I Wanna March (MTH 2017 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the Macon Film Festival, August 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.maconfilmfestival.com<http://www.maconfilmfestival.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was invited to screen and is a finalist at Les Femmes Underground Film Festival in Los Angeles on August 19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.lesfemmesinternational.org/.

Mama I Wanna March (MTH 2017 Malcolm Baity) and Sight (MTH 2017 Janeen Talbott) were selected for screening at the BronzeLens Film Festival in Atlanta, August 22-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.bronzelensfilmfestival.com/

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Toronto Indie Horror Fest, August 29 – September 1. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.toindiehorrorfest.com/.

The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien), Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) and The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) were selected for screening at the Broad Humor Film Festival in Los Angeles, August 30 – September 2. For more information about this festival, go to www.broadhumor.com.

American Music (MFA D2 2017 Wesley Fleming) was selected for screening at the Urban Film Festival in Miami, August 31 – September 2. For more information about this festival, go to www.urbanfilmfestivals.com<http://www.urbanfilmfestivals.com/>.

Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth) and Connect (BFA Thesis 2017 Gabe Souza) and The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro) were selected for screening at the Dragon Con Independent Short Film Festival in Atlanta, August 30 – September 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://filmfest.dragoncon.org/>.

Ms. Omniscience (MFA D2 2017 Xiao Ma), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena)  and Basics (BFA Thesis 2017 Spencer Smyth) were selected for screening at the Burbank International Film Festival, September 5-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.burbankfilmfestival.org<http://www.burbankfilmfestival.org/>.

Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires) and The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) were selected for screening at the All Genders, Lifestyles and Identities Film Festival (aGliff) in Austin, September 6-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.agliff.org.

Graveyard Shift (MFA D1 2017 Alex McFry), Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff), Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2017 Bethany Miller), Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones), Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole) and The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro)  were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival (CENFLO) in Mount Dora, Florida, September 7-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com/>.

Inked (BFA F3 2018 Kyra Gardner) and Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) were selected for screening at the Detroit Shetown Women’s Film Festival, September 13-16. For more information about this festival, go to www.detroitshetownfilmfestival.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.detroitshetownfilmfestival.com_&d=DwMF-g&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=NYh993oAf2U40wEt5_QRSO0ATdBl5wTAlZlQ794wGJU&s=PMC0uz6wT3kiNKjpcpSIWi65CKbtrTd4B8uc4ep3TIk&e=>.

Help Wanted (MFA D2 2017 Kennikki Jones) and American Music (MFA D2 2017 Wesley Fleming) were selected for screening at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival on September 16. For more information about this festival, go to https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com/

Maria (BFA F3 2017 Illiana Ipes) was selected for screening at the Global Peace Film Festival in Orlando, September 18-23. For more information about this festival, go to www.peacefilmfest.org<http://www.peacefilmfest.org/>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson), Basics (BFA Thesis 2017 Spencer Smyth), Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) and The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth) were selected for screening at the FilmQuest Festival in Salt Lake City, September 7-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmquestfestival.com.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien), Edgar & Ellie (MFA D2 2017 Jonpaul Rodriguez), Schwinging (MFA D2 2017 Dylan Zivitz) were selected for screening at the Austin Revolution Film Festival, September 17-22. The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was nominated for Best University Film, Best Cinematography Short and the Rising Voice Award.  Edgar & Ellie (MFA D2 2017 Jonpaul Rodriguez) was nominated for Writer/Director of the Year, Rising Voices, Best University Film. Schwinging (MFA D2 2017 Dylan Zivitz) was nominated for Best Student Director of a Short, and Best Actor in a Student Short For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolution.com<https://austinrevolution.com/>.

Sink or Swim (BFA Thesis 2017 Justin Burt) was selected for screening at the Austin Revolution Film Festival, September 17-22. For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolution.com<https://austinrevolution.com/>.

Reanimated (BFA Documentary 2018 Shae Demandt) is a Semi-Finalist in the Student Academy Awards competition. Winners will be announced in October. For more information about this competition, go to http://www.oscars.org/saa.

Sleeves (BFA Documentary 2018 Carrie Carusone) was selected for screening at the Fashion Film Festival Chicago on October 15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.fashionfilmfestivalchicago.com/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was invited to screen at the All Lights India International Film Festival in Hyderabad, India, December 1-4. For more information about this festival, go to http://aliiff.com<http://aliiff.com/>.