[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 4.20.18

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Apr 20 10:16:36 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D3D890.AA10BBF0]

Hope anyone in NY can join us for our Key Light screening on Tuesday, May 8, 8 PM at the Francesca Beal Theatre at the Lincoln Center.  Free Admission with RSVP by May 14 to Sreisinger at fsu.edu<mailto:Sreisinger at fsu.edu> or 850 644 8712.

[cid:image002.png at 01D3D890.AA10BBF0]

Our NY Film Forum: Making A First Feature, Ryan Brown moderating  an open discussion with special guests Xander Robin, Tatiana Bears, Bernardo Britto, and Jordana Spiro on the subject of their recent debut feature films (Are We Not Cats, Jacqueline Argentine & Night Comes On) and the age old question: how the hell do you make a movie? The bar will be open prior to and throughout the event. This event is free and open to the public but requires a RSVP. Where 683 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11238 When Sun, May 6, 2018 at 6:30 PM.  Registe at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/forum-making-a-first-feature-tickets-45180098892

Spike Lee and David Robert Mitchell (MFA 02) films will compete in the most surprising Cannes lineup in years. The Cannes film festival shakes things up with its freshest, nerviest and most unpredictable slate in years.  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-cannes-lineup-announced-20180412-story.html

Wonderful article by Mark Hinson in the Tallahassee Democrat about Antonio Mendez’ Movie Life and Nothing More.  Read it at https://tinyurl.com/ydd4w3t5