[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] FW: Opportunity for Students in Film Program-$10, 000 Cash Prize

Brenda Mills bmills at admin.fsu.edu
Thu Sep 28 16:33:27 EDT 2017

Just in case you’re interested, I’m forwarding this only because of the cash prize…

From: Lauren Kantzer <lauren.kantzer at trifoldllc.com>
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:28 PM
To: Brenda Mills <bmills at admin.fsu.edu>
Subject: Opportunity for Students in Film Program-
0,000 Cash Prize

Good Afternoon-

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone today.

We were researching film schools and heard great things about your program. We are conducting a video contest we feel would appeal to your film students and give them a chance to win a $10,000 cash prize. More than just a cash prize, this video contest would provide good experience producing a video for social media. The contest also encourages students to include a credit for themselves (or their program) at the end of the video.

A little about us. We are a rapidly growing company based out of Columbus, Ohio. We are the manufacturers of the UpCart® line of products (upcart.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__upcart.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LJQw-Cr_mYPBcK6Xl8KyI2cQK3ZTqOZbUvOZxEBIHEg&m=ckWmvvQXVKoZa8C8UB9cGYvrF5Zx8jzO2Hhb-upejZA&s=eSYr_wnbEJ2cgRzdwtSewQoMrf7ExKWvFwV1dZfcU9g&e=>), stair climbing folding carts that help people be more mobile and productive. Our company only started selling product in August of 2015 and are now available for sale in 18 countries and through major retailers like Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. However, we attribute most of our early success to our first video going viral on Facebook with over 7M views and 15M organic reach in 10 days.

We truly believe in the amazing power of video to tell a story that connects with people. That is why we are extremely excited about this video contest and the creativity we know your students can bring to it. We would like to respectfully ask for your help in letting your students know about this contest.  Full contest details can be found at https://www.upcart.com/videocontest<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.upcart.com_videocontest&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LJQw-Cr_mYPBcK6Xl8KyI2cQK3ZTqOZbUvOZxEBIHEg&m=ckWmvvQXVKoZa8C8UB9cGYvrF5Zx8jzO2Hhb-upejZA&s=gBauxo4Swk2j0s3ZlD23VgKEvcgJKstHfMVZ573SV3Q&e=>.

Here are the highlights:
1) Make a creative short (30-60 sec) video starring one of our UpCarts and submit it.
2) Once the video is approved, share it on social media and try to get as many likes, shares, and retweets as possible.
3) The videos that get the most attention on social media will then move on to the finalists’ round. During this round, they’ll be posted directly to upcart.com/videocontest<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__upcart.com_videocontest&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LJQw-Cr_mYPBcK6Xl8KyI2cQK3ZTqOZbUvOZxEBIHEg&m=ckWmvvQXVKoZa8C8UB9cGYvrF5Zx8jzO2Hhb-upejZA&s=0bHh1zD6EkPv6w8JIt0i2gP1JDPS4fOUWZcncqPWFhY&e=> where visitors to the site will vote for their favorites.
4) The video with the most votes by 11:59EST on November 19th will win the $10,000 grand prize. (upcart will announce the winner on November 20th)
Please help us to get the word out to the students you think would be most interested in this contest.   We do believe strongly your students would be a great fit for creating videos that would be successful.

Thank you for your time

Thank you,
Lauren Kantzer
TriFold, LLC