[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 9.28.17

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Sep 28 13:22:00 EDT 2017

If you are in the DC area, hope you can stop by the Film School/Mag Lab exhibit at the Smithsonian 10 AM -5 PM October 13-15; Film School folks will be there each day.  And we’ll be having a reception for alumni and friends at the Marriott Metro Center.  For full information on the events and to register for the reception, go to:  https://tinyurl.com/yd68dwkj

Florida State University will present the world premiere of the Iraq War documentary “Apache Warrior” as the marquee film for its seventh annual Veterans Film Festival on Oct. 5. The screening, which is free and open to the public, will take place at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 5, at Ruby Diamond Concert Hall, 222 S. Copeland St. Tickets are free for the screening of “Apache Warrior,” although a ticket is required for entrance. Tickets may be picked up in advance at the FSU Fine Arts Ticket Office, 540 W. Call St., or on the day of the screening at Westcott Plaza.  Co-directors David Salzberg and Christian Tureaud will participate in a question-and-answer session with the audience following the screening. Paul Cohen, executive director of the College of Motion Picture Arts’ Torchlight Program, secured the rights to this year’s film.  The event will begin with a one hour reception beginning at 5 pm outside by the Westcott Fountain. Visit vetfilmfest.fsu.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__link.email.dynect.net_link.php-3FDynEngagement-3Dtrue-26H-3Dw8Bl7ZSLqC-252BFFEF9P0XN9HJB14ltnTgt2r4zKtmGsiA5bfE55aykH-252BOXYkUbW7GLK96LrSy-252BbRDe2VwFUIH-252F-252FWjBUalLcCe9X2KeAx3DEsVNeGI4lawsdL7dQqxKFWGO-26G-3D0-26R-3Dhttp-253A-252F-252Fvetfilmfest.fsu.edu-252F-26I-3D20170922150131.0000012f69ee-2540mail6-2D51-2Dussnn1-26X-3DMHwxMDQ2NzU4OjU5YzUyNWM5MmY3NzVmNmZhNmI3ZTM2NTs-253D-26S-3De-5F9urB4FG2657o7WCRM2TQuR3ecgDI0by09rV6n8GOc&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=oFvgX-HnPydwcAnaiUPyBGLA43yeTUMxWu4pIKzCXBE&m=J3lLenzVkIJfpscsy-7Oju5CTM1DbzlAuPMexlf9urQ&s=e1tGYTyTUEDTpwZD3NKxa_vK6y71McEE7nsbvfxNt-4&e=> for the “Apache Warrior” trailer and more information on the Florida State University Veterans Film Festival.

Prior to Apache Warrior, they will screen Homefront, a CMPA student documentary made by BFA2 student Cameron Dingee.

The Wrap just released their Top 50 film schools and we're in the top 20 at #18!  Since we didn’t make their list at all last year,  I guess this is progress, although I feel sure if they really took time to check us out we’d be MUCH higher on that list.  Check it out  http://www.thewrap.com/the-top-50-film-schools-of-2017-ranked/

From Aaron Moorhead (BFA  08)  “It's official, The Endless<https://www.facebook.com/TheEndlessFilm/?fref=mentions> is The Hollywood Reporter<https://www.facebook.com/HollywoodReporter/?fref=mentions>-approved! They call it a "rich banquet of mind-bending weirdness", and an "atmospheric, ingenious, unsettling journey through the Lovecraftian looking glass."  Article at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/endless-review-1042527

Congratulations to Oualid Mouaness (MFA 97)!  He reports that principal production on his feature 1982, supported by a grant from Sorfond, was completed in August and September in Lebanon.

From Michael Vargas (BFA 11)  “I have a couple of exciting announcements. First off, I recently was promoted to Post-Production Manager at the company I work for, gnet agency. I may have mentioned our work before, but for those that don’t know, gnet is a creative agency that resides at the crossroads of storytelling and marketing. We primarily work on video game campaigns and trailers. The company, while having been around for over 10 years, has recently begun to make a mark in our sector of the industry and we were recently shortlisted for AdAge's Small Agency of the Year. (For those wanting to know, yes, we do play video games every day…. don’t let your dreams be dreams) I recently brought in Evan Houston (BFA 10) and have brought in others in the past. I always try to meet with alumni for open positions, so be on the lookout for future postings!   Second announcement is that Katie Mackley (BFA 12) and I got engaged over Labor Day weekend!

From Rebekah Suellau (MFA-Writing 12)  “90s GIRL DREAM COME TRUE! My first music video, for the fabulous Caitlin Mahoney<https://www.facebook.com/caitlin.mahoney2?fref=mentions>, is now OUT IN THE WORLD! So happy to bring together my Kept Woman<https://www.facebook.com/keptwomanplay/?fref=mentions> cast, the cinematographic genius of Matt Clegg<https://www.facebook.com/matt.clegg.10?fref=mentions> (BFA 11), and the editing brilliance of Dustin Waldman (BFA 12). Check it out, and stream the eff out of "story still left to be told," the album is released! https://www.broadwayworld.com/…/BWW-Exclusively-Premieres-M…<https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/BWW-Exclusively-Premieres-Music-Video-for-Caitlin-Mahoneys-Kept-Woman-20170922>#

From Francis Lombard (MFA 95)  “I launched a bi-weekly podcast, Portrait of an Editor, that interviews comic books editors from around the world.  I guess this would be of interest for the writers and producers in the various Film School programs. The unique thing is that I'm discovering that there are a good amount of similarities/crossovers with producing comic books and films, especially the various necessary people skills someone needs to see a creative endeavor to completion.  I interviewed Chris Murrin (MFA 1996) for the podcast. His episode drops on 10/16/17.  He has been editing a few small press comic book series for a while.Here are the links to the Portrait of an Editor podcast --
iTunes  Portrait of an Editor by Antix Press on Apple Podcasts<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__itunes.apple.com_us_podcast_portrait-2Dof-2Dan-2Deditor_id1287720984-3Fmt-3D2&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=8Juiq3wonXjjusdgL68LVb2vPDy2ZqM-f0rZHbxwByY&s=jzJLc0FkKkKIGkIxLeQDuUrMO9xg6ayNsyqrSoVjlOU&e=>
Google Play  Portrait of an Editor - Antix Press

From David Riff (BFA 11)  “I got to cowrite and coproduce the song "Enchante" off of Fergie's long-awaited Double Dutchess. I created a rough idea based around a scratch acapella her manager sent, and after two revisions I heard back they wanted it for the album. The music video features Kendall Jenner and some very jarring editing.”

From Craig Kief (BFA 99)  “The new show I’ve been prepping and shooting since July premiered this Monday on CBS. It’s called Me, Myself and I, and stars Bobby Moynihan from SNL. It’s a really warm story that takes place in three time periods (1991, 2017, and 2042), and it’s been a fun challenge creating the look of these worlds. We’ve got 3 stages at Warner Brothers which has proven to be a lovely place to shoot. I think the shows turning out great in every regard, and is one of the few examples left of good network television. Take a look on CBS, Mondays at 9:30”

"Watch this #FLHealthMinute<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hashtag_flhealthminute-3Fsource-3Dfeed-5Ftext-26story-5Fid-3D1476821512402028&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=eytLti-V6LnCgEQuPIKY9k6eAq7jb1d-Sj5X9ZMcjds&s=WAPtOD0PlIpJxtMiLSsDi0Dp3dyC8pELQfJYDmexk5w&e=> video to learn about generator safety and carbon monoxide poisoning. CO is one of main causes of death after hurricanes. Video produced by James Feeney (MFA 12) and Sabrina Grimes (BFA 17)."  NOTE:   check out the license plate Film School plug!  Sabrina has been working with J Feeney at the Florida Department of Health for a few months now while she  is  still going to school full time to pursue some minors.  Sabrina says:  “ I also just attended the inaugural Women in Horror Film Festival in Atlanta this past weekend, where my and Drew Mazzarella’s (BFA 17)  thesis film, Deadmeat, made it’s non-film-school premier. It was an amazing festival and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to network with like-minded filmmakers from all over the nation.”

From Jason Schubach (MFA 2)  ““Dirty Money,” which I made at the University of Memphis, won 3rd place Tennessee Narrative Short at the Knoxville Film Festival.”

From Ryan Spindall (MFA  07)  “Tell me these are not some of the most badass laurels you've ever seen? We're honored to accept the Scarlet Waters award for "Best Genre Short" at the Austin Revolution Film Festival<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_austinrevolutionfilmfest_-3Ffref-3Dmentions&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=4tL-VxhqgebjTCU-MXsK8aN-nJjRFl9K_CEYXiGn4_U&s=7X0QduqToQyjwUuLk9gQgbOjgPduiGb_JO7WWvSyGkY&e=>! #TheBabysitterMurders<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_hashtag_thebabysittermurders-3Fsource-3Dfeed-5Ftext-26story-5Fid-3D10110607067817913&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=4tL-VxhqgebjTCU-MXsK8aN-nJjRFl9K_CEYXiGn4_U&s=XsOLWRJGSseFd9WbVB1s0mWV4Q3mMnOn_EBMcW72_Js&e=>”

From Eunice Cheng (MFA 09)  “I left 20th Century Fox Taiwan Branch this May after almost 6 years of doing marketing and distribution and joined a newly founded company in August. Shine Time International Media & Entertainment Co., Ltd.  develops, invests, produces, markets and distributes movies from all over Asia Pacific. I’m the Production Project Manager and am focusing on script analyzing and project development. I feel it’s about time to resurface what I’ve learned at FSU and embrace the production phase of movie making again. Once the projects get green-lit, I will then join the production team and serve as a producer.  People usually don’t appreciate what we have till we’ve moved on to the next stage of our lives and looked back, and that’s how I am feeling right now. The almost 6 years of marketing and distribution experience certainly help on what I am doing now. I tend to give notes on scripts based on how we can connect the audiences more or what the market will be like by the time this movie gets made and comes out. I can predict the potential box office, then set the production and marketing budgets based on that. This is something I didn’t think I’d be able to do when I was still with Fox.  So thank you Fox for all these years’ of training and hello Shine Time! I wish to shine big time in the near future~"

21CF Inclusion is hosting their 2018 Fox Writers Lab on Audience Awards! The Fox Writers Lab is a highly selective initiative designed to nurture experienced writers who have diverse voices, backgrounds, and life experiences. Fox is looking for fearless storytellers who will create a strong pipeline of well-rounded talent for potential staffing on Fox television shows, films, and other Fox Entertainment properties.

8 Writers will be selected to participate in the FWL initiative.

To learn more about this amazing opportunity or to submit your script go to https://tinyurl.com/y8trt8zo

““I’m contacting you regarding a short film that we're producing in the UK called “The Death of Death”, which is to be adapted from a book by a talented author based in Los Angeles.  We’re in pre-production and have a great team on-board, including Carlos Grangel who is known for his character designs on films such as Corpse Bride, Kung Fu Panda, and Hotel Transylvania.  We are looking for a talented screenwriter to help adapt the book into a script and ideally someone who has a passion for the children’s/dark fantasy genre, in the vein of films of Tim Burton and Henry Slick. We have spoken to a lot of great writers but struggling to find anyone that has a true passion for the genre and so wanted to open the search out to students and film schools and give someone the opportunity to get involved in a really exciting, global project.  The Film:  A sad, yet heartwarming tale of a young girl and her death guide, and the story they share. The story is a gorgeous fairytale like story that is equal parts haunting and beautiful.   You’ll have the chance to be part of a project with some great artists and have a chance to showcase your work.  This will be a short stop-motion animation film adapted from a short book which is highly praised and will really help to push you creatively and allow you to be involved in something really special. We are also offering for compensation over the project lifecycle.  “  If you are interested, contact Alex Pavlou at alex at bamboocrowd.co.uk<mailto:alex at bamboocrowd.co.uk>

“I am a part time MBA student at FSU and also work full time. My region is doing a skit for our company sales meeting in January and we were asked to put together a 5 minute film on finding the mobilizer in the sales cycle.   I am looking for someone to film on October 24 (in Tallahassee), and edit – not a rush on the editing since the presentation is in January.   Fee negotiable.  If interested contact Chris Marlatt, 850 566 9461 or email CMarlatt at gaf.com<mailto:CMarlatt at gaf.com>”

From Molly Arenberg, GMR Marketing, Milwaukee, WI:  I am reaching out because the Production Department at GMR Marketing in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area is hiring for an Editor & Associate Producer position. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Could you please send this job posting out to the College of Motion Picture Arts Alumni network?

https://careers-gmrmarketing.icims.com/jobs/2296/editor-associate-producer/job<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__careers-2Dgmrmarketing.icims.com_jobs_2296_editor-2Dassociate-2Dproducer_job&d=DwMF-g&c=9wxE0DgWbPxd1HCzjwN8Eaww1--ViDajIU4RXCxgSXE&r=rFz1Pc76-HzdOg88Nq4vzNYfiyAie99zZV1AH8gm_js&m=KTrU0j9sFFbVZKuo_Gjmw61w0UFnaoFrAYMcP6Tc3UA&s=SdJBE-Q6ViyixC5lckQ6lJ2sFg6SCEfEWWAhINM1EvY&e=>

I am happy to talk directly with anyone interested in the position.   marenberg at gmmarketing.com<mailto:marenberg at gmmarketing.com>    262 780 6146.”

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – September 28, 2017

The Extra Mile (BFA Documentary 2015 Courtney Ross) was selected for screening at the Forbes Under 30 Short Film Festival in Jersey City, NJ, October 1-4. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.forbes.com/forbes-live/event/under-30-boston/.

Blasted (BFA Thesis 2016 Christian Klein) was selected for screening at the San Francisco International New Concept Film Festival in San Bruno, CA, October 25-29. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sfnewfilm.org<http://www.sfnewfilm.org/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the FREAK SHOW Horror Film Festival in Orlando, FL, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://freakshowfilmfest.com<http://freakshowfilmfest.com/>.

Trapped (BFA Thesis 2017 Zach Hoskin) was selected for screening at The World Animation Celebration in Los Angeles, CA, September 30 – October 1. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.worldanimationcelebration.com<https://www.worldanimationcelebration.com/>.

The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth) was nominated for Best SFX at the Horrorhound Film Festival in Indianapolis, IN, September 8-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.horrorhound.com/FilmFest.

Weak or no Signal (MFA Thesis 2017 Molly Roland) was selected for a monthly screening at Silver Screen for Short Films in Clearwater, FL. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com<http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/>.

Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) was selected for screening at the Louisville Film Society Short Film Slam on October 5th. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.louisvillefilmsociety.org/sfs/.

Killer Kart (MFA Thesis 2012 James Feeney) was invited to screen at iShorts, a special program of short films to be shown in October in Prague, seven other cities in the Czech Republic and one in Slovakia. For more information about this series, go to iShorts.eu.

A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Rome, GA, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://riffga.com<http://riffga.com/>.

Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga) was selected for screening at the Y’allywood Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, October 9-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.yallywood.org<http://www.yallywood.org/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) is a Semi-Finalist at the Los Angeles CineFest and is selected for their online monthly competition. For more information about this festival go to lacinefest.weebly.com.

Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) was selected for screening at the Hope Film Awards in Las Vegas, NV, September 2017. For more information about the festival, go to, https://sites.google.com/view/hope-film-awards/home?authuser=5.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for the September monthly screening of the Miami Independent Film Festival in Miami Beach, FL. For more information about this festival, go to, http://miamindiefest.com<http://miamindiefest.com/>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for a monthly screening of the Mindfield Film Festival – Los Angeles. For more information about this festival, go to, http://la.mindfieldfilmfest.com/winners.html.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) has been invited to screen on Comcast’s Cinema Asian America video-on-demand platform for the month of October. For more information about this series, go to caamedia.org.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Maine Outdoor Film Festival in Portland, Maine, September 2 – October 7. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.maineoutdoorfilmfestival.com/.

Nuggets (BFA Thesis 2016 Jamie Cernich) was selected for screening at the Catalina Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, September 27 – October 1. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.catalinafilm.org/.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the Sacramento Horror Film Festival, September 29-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.sachorrorfilmfest.com<http://www.sachorrorfilmfest.com/>.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) and Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) were selected for screening at The Halloween Horror Picture Show in Tampa, FL, September 30 – October 1. For more information about this festival, go to, http://thehalloweenhorrorpictureshow.com<http://thehalloweenhorrorpictureshow.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) is an official selection of the European Independent Film Award, an online competition to be held September 30. For more information about this competition, go to www.theeifa.com.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Baltimore International Black Film Festival, October 4-9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://bibff.com/.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the International Black Film Festival in Nashville, TN, October 5-8. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.ibffevents.com<https://www.ibffevents.com/>.

My Josephine (BFA F3 2003 Barry Jenkins) was invited to screen at the Mill Valley Film Festival in San Rafael, CA, October 5-15 as part of a special retrospective. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.mvff.com<http://www.mvff.com/>.

A Little Drama (MFA D1 2016 Brandon Shenk) was selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 6-14. For more information about this festival, go to, https://tiglff.com<https://tiglff.com/>.

You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2016 Emma Landeche) and Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Heiman) were selected for screening at the Y’allywood Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, October 9-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.yallywood.org<http://www.yallywood.org/>.

Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires) was selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 6-14. For more information about this festival, go to, https://tiglff.com.

Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo Huahua) was nominated for Best Script, Best Movie, Best Editing (Jeremiah Bodner ’16), and Best Actor for the Premios Claqueta 2017 (Claqueta Awards 2017) in Barcelona, Spain, October 7. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.cataloniafilmschool.com/premios-claqueta-fidec/.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Marina del Rey Film Festival, October 7-13. For more information about this festival, go to, http://marinadelreyfilmfestival.com<http://marinadelreyfilmfestival.com/>.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar) and The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 6-14. For more information about this festival, go to, https://tiglff.com.

Today and Tomorrow and the Day After That (MFA D2 2017 Samuel Bellamy) was selected for screening at the Pride Film Festival in Chicago, IL, October 10 –
January 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://pridefilmsandplays.com<http://pridefilmsandplays.com/>.

You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2016 Emma Landeche) was selected for screening at the New Orleans Film Festival, October 11-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.neworleansfilmfestival.org<http://www.neworleansfilmfestival.org/>.

Blasted (BFA Thesis 2016 Christian Klein) was selected for screening at the Laughlin International Film Festival in Laughlin, Nevada, October 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.facebook.com/Laughlinfilmfestival<http://www.facebook.com/Laughlinfilmfestival>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Twin Cities Black Film Festival in Minneapolis, MN, October 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.tcbff.org.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival in Canada on Friday the 13th of October. For more information about this festival, go to www.torontoafterdark.com.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Way Down Film Festival in Columbus, GA, October 13-14. For more information on this festival, go to, http://www.waydownfilmfest.com.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the TOHorror Film Fest in Torino, Italy, October 17-21. For more information about this festival, go to www.tohorrorfilmfest.it/en<http://www.tohorrorfilmfest.it/en>.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Travel FilmFest International Film Festival in Limassol, Cyprus, October 19-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://travelfilmfest.com/

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) and Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) were selected for screening at the Orlando Film Festival, October 19-26. For more information about this festival, go to, http://orlandofilmfest.com<http://orlandofilmfest.com/>.

Sanctuary (BFA Documentary 2015 Grace Marrero) was selected for screening at the Wildlife Conservation Film Festival in New York City, October 19-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.wcff.org<http://www.wcff.org/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Best Benefits and Uses for Peanut Oil, Vol 1 (BFA F1 2016 Cristy Trabada), and Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri) were selected for screening at the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers Festival in Melbourne, FL, October 20-21. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.melbournefilmfest.com.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the Halloween International Film Festival in Kill Devil Hills, NC, October 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to, http://obxentertainment.com/halloweenfilmfestival/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Philip K. Dick Film Festival in Cologne, Germany, October 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to, http://philipkdickfilmfestival-europe.com.

Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.fliff.com.
Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the EyeCatcher International Film Festival in McAlester, Oklahoma, November 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.eyecatcherfilmfest.com.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the San Jose International Short Film Festival, December 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sjsff.com<http://www.sjsff.com/>.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Beach Film Festival, January 13-15, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com<https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-18, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.