[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 10.5.27

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Oct 5 14:22:42 EDT 2017

The College of Motion Picture Arts is seeking applications for a visiting, full-time Teaching Faculty I for picture editing. This is a 12-month, non-tenure earning position, responsible for teaching coursework in the Bachelor of Fine Arts Production/Animation program and the Master of Fine Arts Production program.  Typical responsibilities include: teaching 1-2 courses per semester; mentoring and advising students; and, contributing to curriculum/program development, including serving on committees, researching industry trends, and advising on classroom facilities, tools, and technology.  For a full description and steps to submit an application, visit the FSU Human Resources website:  http://hr.fsu.edu<http://hr.fsu.edu/>/     Job opportunities > Keywords: 42453, or contact Linda Hensley at lhensley at fsu.edu<mailto:lhensley at fsu.edu>.   NOTE:  Do Not send applications to the Film School; you must apply through Human Resources.

From Paul Tackett (MFA 15)  “"The past two years in Los Angeles have been extremely valuable. I received a very warm welcome from so many alums, and look forward to keeping up with these friends and collaborators over a long career. Being in a major hub allowed me to quickly gain a lot of experience at a new level of expertise, and I am now in the process of continuing my journey as a cinematographer by heading to another major hub, New York.  LA was incredible. I've had the opportunity to be a camera operator on a number of feature films including Aaron Moorhead's The Endless which premiered at Tribeca, was a regular freelance gaffer for Hyundai commercials, was sent to China for a conference promoting global work collaborations, and worked on a variety of shows with amazing alums for networks and companies such as The CW, Discovery, NBCUniversal, and Warner Bros.  I'll hit the ground in Brooklyn, NY, October 1st, and am looking forward to expanding my reach from the west coast to the northeast. I can't wait to connect with more alums in the area. You can check out a bit of my work at www.paulztackett.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.paulztackett.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=2tbNzPpWuSC8Or69AeFScutAQD_Ipf7GDvFllHSIt9Q&s=Kk-Ea5qVqbzDBPW5zYxu2Y-pkOqe2n2bv4gdJigZfjk&e=>. The journey continues!"

“So my name is Samuel Goodwin (BFA 14) and I’m happy to say that my first post-school project, “Homesick,” has been doing a pretty solid run on the genre festival circuit. We’ve screened at Dragon-con, FilmQuest (where Kyle Morgan (BFA 13) was nominated for best cinematography on our film), NOLA Horror Film Festival (where we won best director) and we have an upcoming screening at Telluride Horror Show.  We’re hoping to use this momentum for “Homesick” to get a feature horror film made in my home state of Colorado. We’re urgently seeking any casting directors and producers to help us through the mire of casting a feature film and handling many logistical difficulties of filming in Colorado in the winter.  If any of this sounds interesting to you (or if you’d like to take a peek at “Homesick”), please email me at sam.goodwin.film at gmail.com<mailto:sam.goodwin.film at gmail.com> or call me at 303-501-7456"

From Rebekah Suelau (MFA Writing 12)  “Right on the heels of winning Creative Loafing's Best Local Stage Director and premiering my first music video (a collaboration with BFA alumni Matt Clegg (BFA 11)  and Dustin Waldman  (BFA 12)  for FSU non-film alum Caitlin Mahoney -- check it out at https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/BWW-Exclusively-Premieres-Music-Video-for-Caitlin-Mahoneys-Kept-Woman-20170922#<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.broadwayworld.com_bwwmusic_article_BWW-2DExclusively-2DPremieres-2DMusic-2DVideo-2Dfor-2DCaitlin-2DMahoneys-2DKept-2DWoman-2D20170922-23&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=zkSsQAOBjvZDAhuOlUzr9WzMDkB7yGOhBBESpSJEZr0&s=DtpBWHQEYVyrlzITeeBZkHpHIP6lcha5Rr_itQxo5Rc&e=>), I'm opening a beautiful play called Blackbird by David Harrower this Thursday 10/5 for a two-week limited engagement! Tickets available at blackbirdplay.bpt.me<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__blackbirdplay.bpt.me&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=zkSsQAOBjvZDAhuOlUzr9WzMDkB7yGOhBBESpSJEZr0&s=KkYTpizb99_RBYkVG2NbB8mnkHEVy1GvUeGljBwZz9A&e=>. Jennifer Silver (MFA 16) is my stage manager, so the film school family is in full effect even on a stage project! Grateful every day for the incredible artists and people that FSU continues to bring into my life and work. I'd love to see the Atlanta alumni all turn out for this one!”

From Michelle Cantor Rynders (BFA 06)  “I left LA in 2015 (also got married then, so it was kind of a busy year!) and have been in two different places since then: first Cincinnati, and now Boston; in both places, I've been working within public transportation. Right now, I'm at the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority as an executive assistant in their capital program oversight department.”

Read this article about Brent Lagerman (BFA 97) and his partner who developed a new product that is having mega success:   https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/the-coffee-soda-that-went-from-crazy-late-night-lab-to-whole-foods-in-less-than-a-year.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.cnbc.com_2017_09_21_the-2Dcoffee-2Dsoda-2Dthat-2Dwent-2Dfrom-2Dcrazy-2Dlate-2Dnight-2Dlab-2Dto-2Dwhole-2Dfoods-2Din-2Dless-2Dthan-2Da-2Dyear.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=FM0YzHdb8DElsT62FYMnEgV39hlENWowESE6EmUDhoQ&s=Mo5uujtfJd4GsxuXvfqKwEpfgWYBjJXwpdgeVoGgbLk&e=>   Brent says “Hopefully we'll be getting our drink down to Florida next year, one of our co-founders is working currently with Made coffee in Tampa, so we might be able to have a second production facility down there one day!  It's really the perfect college drink, wish it existed while I was going to film school.”

Great article by local writer Steve Dollar in  Flamingo, Florida’s only statewide lifestyle magazine. Flamingo covers culture, travel, outdoor pursuits, conservation and fascinating Floridians. (All things Florida!) In our Fall Arts & Culture issue we featured Barry Jenkins (BFA 03) , his upbringing in Miami and his studies at FSU. Many of the photos for the piece were taken on his visit to the College of Motion Picture Arts earlier this year.  Flimingo is unofficially calling  this the FSU issue. There are multiple mentions of the school throughout, two high-profile graduates featured and a few Tallahassee-based contributors.  Check out Barry’s article at http://www.flamingomag.com/2017/08/23/barry-jenkins/

"Garth Mueller (MFA 95) and John Webb (MFA 96) are ecstatic to join Showrunner/Exec Producer/classmate (MFA 96) Melissa Carter Newman on the writing staff of the Warner Bros./Freeform show "Famous In Love." The teen soap stars Bella Thorne and will start shooting in November on the Warner Bros. lot (it's like going to work at a theme park). The show is a blast and it couldn't be more gratifying working at what you love with people that you love (and have known for-ever!)."

From Diandra Pendleton-Thompson (MFA-Writing 15): This year has been a whirlwind. After a fantastic six months working as a reader and floater at Entertainment One, I set out on the job-hunt. It was a slow summer, but I'm so happy to share that I've been hired as the Writers' PA for Netflix's Stranger Things! I start soon and I'm excited to rep FSU in the upside down. I also can't say enough about Hollywood Resumes, a great organization I discovered over the summer. I went to one of their free workshops for those in the industry seeking advice about resumes, applying for jobs, and crafting strong networking skills. When I followed their tips for improving my resume, I got a slew of compliments and a few temp gigs before I landed my upcoming position. They also offer paid resume writing services and more. If anyone is interested in connecting with them, check out www.hollywood-resumes.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hollywood-2Dresumes.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=p1fPzXn_LqpfFl3vOjscE9RiJirB4GQhf8N-eBNkymE&s=tFrtPFpkxneZZsZzgcFbXbNoc5ferD4R7wsB-LUOd6M&e=> or email Cindy and Angela directly at: info at hollywood-resumes.com<mailto:info at hollywood-resumes.com>.

From Jonas Schubach (MFA 2)  “I just wanted to share with you that “Dirty Money” and “Heavens” (made at the University of Memphis) were nominated for Best Trailer by TMFF - The Monthly Film Festival.  And  “Dirty Money” will be on TV! It will air on WKNO on Friday 10/13 at 10pm (with reruns on Saturday 10/14 at 1pm, Sunday 10/15 at 3am and Saturday 10/28 12mid). It will be featured as one of six Short Films within an Indie Memphis Special. WKNO is a Memphis-based PBS member station broadcasting for the Mid-South.”

Very sad news – we lost alum this week, Justyn Clinton Rowe (BFA 95). A quote on Facebook from his wife, Pam:  “Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. Corinthians 1 13:13. I love you Justyn Clinton Rowe<https://www.facebook.com/justyn.rowe?fref=mentions> (BFA 95) . My husband passed away after battling depression for a long time. Please share fond memories on his facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/justyn.rowe”  Memorial service for Justyn C. Rowe will be held TUES, OCT 10TH, 5-7PM, at Northwest Church<https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestOrlando/?fref=mentions> 5495 Clarcona Ocoee Rd, Orlando, FL 32810. In lieu of flowers, please consider the Go Fund Me page created by Ian Rowe<https://www.facebook.com/Lazarathus?fref=mentions>.
https://www.gofundme.com/financial-support-rowe-family “  The outpouring of financial support for Justyn’s family has been amazing.  Justyn was an alum who stayed in close contact with me over the years, sharing the good times and the bad.  I have no words to describe this tragedy.

From Iman Zawahry (MFA 08) “I am directing my feature film this December in New York City and would love to work with some FSU alums. We are in need of a Production Designer and a 1st AD. We would like these positions to be New York based and have at least worked on one feature. I am also looking for an editor, preferably in Florida, who has experience editing comedy. The film is based off the critically acclaimed play "Dirty Paki Lingerie" and is a comedic portrayal of two sisters and their fresh off the boat cousin as they each struggle to survive their Pakistani heritage with their American-Muslim identity. It's a cross between Bend it Like Beckham and Love Actually. The script was in the final round of the Sundance Writers Lab and we are working with an awesome team and some FSU alums like Paul Seetachitt (MFA 07) , Julie Hotz (MFA 07), Melanie Masciloli (MFA 07), Judith Lin (MFA 08) and Eric Yang (MFA 07). Please contact me if interested at imankz at gmail.com<mailto:imankz at gmail.com> or have any recommendations. Thank you!”

Congratulations to Dr. John Bodon, who has been named to the Dan Rather Endowed Chair at Sam Houston State University!  John taught in the MFA program in Sarasota.

From Paul Holtzhausen (BFA 01)  “We are in search of an Assistant Editor for an entry level position at a trailer editing company.  If you are interested in becoming a trailer/promo editor for film and television this is perfect for you!  Technical knowledge of Premiere, Adobe Suite, Avid and various digital formats is a MUST! If interested please e-mail me at paulholtz at me.com<mailto:paulholtz at me.com>.”

The Nickelodeon Writing Program offers aspiring television writers from around the world the opportunity to do what they love, develop their craft, and launch their careers.  It's free to apply and the submission period is right around the corner. Check out their Accepted Shows List, pick a show, do your research and get to writing! Full submission guidelines are available on the NWP website at nickwriting.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__news.networkisa.org_link.php-3FM-3D30046157-26N-3D33978-26L-3D49353-26F-3DH&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=WGrD-n2An_jqeKjkEXaVE_4LATyR-f8eAdKhwkJkVBo&m=MjWHLSj_KIorM13Sr77rUkMhwvFkUUOJL63XyIkmApU&s=yVyU6jvEBxA5mz2WojIKn4IEPWLlE_GiPZ-zvDCUM_0&e=>. The next submission period runs from January 2 – January 31, 2018.

Now accepting applications for the <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__emailer.talnexus.com_t_r-2Dl-2Djlkytiul-2Dkrillrmkl-2Dj_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=ygV8jHYrnNg8c09Amtt_seAcuhZm8u-jHI8kPJYfz14&s=g-DPAZSiiEae1RQJYBxZphmqdZVQ6UZQ90i3A3ToU_Q&e=> SmashCut Film Lab<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__emailer.talnexus.com_t_r-2Dl-2Djlkytiul-2Dkrillrmkl-2Dt_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=ygV8jHYrnNg8c09Amtt_seAcuhZm8u-jHI8kPJYfz14&s=t5ng6whbV6kasIZEj0sMFf6d1BzBM7e3xfJsNNzhIQ8&e=>
and a $10,000 Grant! <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__emailer.talnexus.com_t_r-2Dl-2Djlkytiul-2Dkrillrmkl-2Di_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=ygV8jHYrnNg8c09Amtt_seAcuhZm8u-jHI8kPJYfz14&s=LTMcwRQIloytmtfmmPSvv2qcpmFPC5XjlLBq5DG6EmI&e=>  Taliesin Nexus is looking for emerging writers, directors, and producers interested in receiving a spot in The SmashCut Film Lab (formerly the Liberty Lab for Film) where they will develop, produce, and edit a short film, tv pilot, or web-series with professional mentors!
Many applicants are current or recent film, theatre, and media students looking for their first step into the entertainment industry. The SmashCut Film Lab has provided crucial first credits & mentorship to new filmmakers from all over! And... our application is FREE!  Go to https://tinyurl.com/ybkmzb5o for complete information

Cinehassee is a Hispanic Film festival that will be taking place during the Hispanic Heritage Month.  We will be screening the documentary "Juan Perros," which won the prize for best short documentary at the Morelia International Film Festival 2016 and was showcased at the International Critics' Week of the Cannes Film Festival 2017. As a special guest we will have Juan Pablo San Esteban, one of the screenwriters and editor of "Juan Perros," who will be telling us about his experience in Cannes and offering a Q&A. This is a great opportunity for the students to talk with a filmmaker that has been to Cannes, to network with him and to ask any questions that they might have. Here is the facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1914925215498125/?ref=br_rs

Seven films will be screened during the festival:
THE FACILITATOR (El facilitador) (10/2/17) 7pm @ ASLC
TRANSITO (Transit) (10/2/17) 7pm @ ASLC   NOTE:  Film by Daniel Aviles (MFA 09) and Santiago Oviedo (MFA 16) assisted.
NERUDA
(10/3/17) 7pm @ ASLC
EL ÚLTIMO PASO (The Last Step) (10/17/17) 7pm @ ASLC
RED GRINGO (Gringo Rojo) (10/10/17) 7pm @ ASLC
JUAN PERROS (10/10/17) 7pm @ ASLC

“Assistant Professor, Film and Media Production Department of Electronic Media and Film College of Fine Arts and Communication COFAC-N-3107   The College of Fine Arts and Communication invites applications for a tenure-track, 10-month Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronic Media and Film beginning August 2018. Qualifications: MFA/terminal degree in film and media production at the time of appointment, and demonstrated success as a classroom teacher. Must possess a strong record of producing his/her own media work, and have a demonstrated track record of achievement in film festivals and other distribution channels. The ideal candidate is experienced in small-crew narrative production; well-versed in helping students craft meaningful, ethical work that could engage with the greater Baltimore community; and will work to expand the department’s offerings in new, emerging, and interdisciplinary methods of visual storytelling and content delivery.”  NOTE:  if you are interested in this position, email me and I’ll send you the complete description:  mwarren at fsu.edu<mailto:mwarren at fsu.edu>

Apologies for the unusually long Warren Report this week.  You will be spared next week since my husband and I will be in Cabos trying to catch the big fish and wifi will be spotty at best.  But still email me with news to share for the following week.  We return from Cabos late Thursday night (11:40 PM) and I leave for Washington DC the next morning at 7:10 to join Reb and several faculty in DC for the joint Film School/Mag Lab exhibit at the Smithsonian and a Film School alumni event.  If I’m still functional you should get another big WR in a couple of weeks!

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – October 5, 2017

Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth) and On the Ledge (BFA F3 2017 Alexandra Avrakotos) were selected for screening at the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers Festival in Melbourne, FL, October 20-21. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.melbournefilmfest.com.

Falcons! (MFA D2 2016 Carolina Garrigo) was awarded Best Seminole Film at the Austin Revolution Film Festival in Austin, TX, September 19-23. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.austinrevolution.com/default.aspx.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected as a finalist in the Just4Shorts Online Short Film Festival and Screenplay Competition in Los Angeles, CA, November 18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://just4shorts.com/competition/.

Mother Road (BFA Documentary 2016 Bobby Tucker/Nathan Cohen) was selected for screening at the Route 66 Film Festival in Springfield, IL, November 3-4. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.route66filmfestival.net<http://www.route66filmfestival.net/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Action Packed Film Festival. For more information about this festival, go to, http://actionpackedfilmfest.weebly.com<http://actionpackedfilmfest.weebly.com/>.

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) was selected for screening at the Portland Comedy Film Festival in Wilsonville, OR, March 28, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://portlandcomedyfilmfestival.com<https://portlandcomedyfilmfestival.com/>.

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour) and Daughters of the Revolution (BFA Documentary 2017 Elyse Carley) were selected for screening at Et Cultura in St. Petersburg, FL, November 17-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://etcultura.com<https://etcultura.com/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the St. Cloud Film Fest in Saint Cloud, MN, November 4-11. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com<http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com/>.

Not My God (BFA F3 2017 Anthony Romaguera) was selected for screening at the 2017 Horror Shorts Film Festival in Missoula, MT, October 17-24. For more information about this festival, go to, https://theaudienceawards.com/the-audience-awards/2017-horror-shorts-film-festival-46194.

Spooky Breakup (MFA D1 2016 Jonpaul Rodriguez) was selected for screening at the 2017 Southern Screen Festival in Lafayette, LA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://southernscreen.org.

Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) was selected for screening at the Key West Film Festival, November 15-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://kwfilmfest.com.

Killer Kart (MFA Thesis 2012 James Feeney) was invited to screen at iShorts, a special program of short films to be shown in October in Prague, seven other cities in the Czech Republic and one in Slovakia. For more information about this series, go to iShorts.eu.

Weak or no Signal (MFA Thesis 2017 Molly Roland) was selected for a monthly screening at Silver Screen for Short Films in Clearwater, FL. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com<http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) is a Semi-Finalist at the Los Angeles CineFest and is selected for their online monthly competition. For more information about this festival go to lacinefest.weebly.com.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for the September monthly screening of the Miami Independent Film Festival in Miami Beach, FL. For more information about this festival, go to, http://miamindiefest.com<http://miamindiefest.com/>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for a monthly screening of the Mindfield Film Festival – Los Angeles. For more information about this festival, go to, http://la.mindfieldfilmfest.com/winners.html.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) has been invited to screen on Comcast’s Cinema Asian America video-on-demand platform for the month of October. For more information about this series, go to caamedia.org.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Maine Outdoor Film Festival in Portland, Maine, September 2 – October 7. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.maineoutdoorfilmfestival.com/.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Baltimore International Black Film Festival, October 4-9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://bibff.com/.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the International Black Film Festival in Nashville, TN, October 5-8. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.ibffevents.com<https://www.ibffevents.com/>.

My Josephine (BFA F3 2003 Barry Jenkins) was invited to screen at the Mill Valley Film Festival in San Rafael, CA, October 5-15 as part of a special retrospective. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.mvff.com<http://www.mvff.com/>.

A Little Drama (MFA D1 2016 Brandon Shenk) was selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 6-14. For more information about this festival, go to, https://tiglff.com<https://tiglff.com/>.

You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2016 Emma Landeche) and Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Heiman) were selected for screening at the Y’allywood Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, October 9-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.yallywood.org<http://www.yallywood.org/>.

Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires) was selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 6-14. For more information about this festival, go to, https://tiglff.com.

Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo Huahua) was nominated for Best Script, Best Movie, Best Editing (Jeremiah Bodner ’16), and Best Actor for the Premios Claqueta 2017 (Claqueta Awards 2017) in Barcelona, Spain, October 7. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.cataloniafilmschool.com/premios-claqueta-fidec/.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Marina del Rey Film Festival, October 7-13. For more information about this festival, go to, http://marinadelreyfilmfestival.com<http://marinadelreyfilmfestival.com/>.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar) and The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 6-14. For more information about this festival, go to, https://tiglff.com.

Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga) was selected for screening at the Y’allywood Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, October 9-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.yallywood.org<http://www.yallywood.org/>.

Today and Tomorrow and the Day After That (MFA D2 2017 Samuel Bellamy) was selected for screening at the Pride Film Festival in Chicago, IL, October 10 –
January 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://pridefilmsandplays.com<http://pridefilmsandplays.com/>.

You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2016 Emma Landeche) was selected for screening at the New Orleans Film Festival, October 11-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.neworleansfilmfestival.org<http://www.neworleansfilmfestival.org/>.

Blasted (BFA Thesis 2016 Christian Klein) was selected for screening at the Laughlin International Film Festival in Laughlin, Nevada, October 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.facebook.com/Laughlinfilmfestival<http://www.facebook.com/Laughlinfilmfestival>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Twin Cities Black Film Festival in Minneapolis, MN, October 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.tcbff.org.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the FREAK SHOW Horror Film Festival in Orlando, FL, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to, http://freakshowfilmfest.com<http://freakshowfilmfest.com/>.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival in Canada on Friday the 13th of October. For more information about this festival, go to www.torontoafterdark.com.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Way Down Film Festival in Columbus, GA, October 13-14. For more information on this festival, go to, http://www.waydownfilmfest.com.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the TOHorror Film Fest in Torino, Italy, October 17-21. For more information about this festival, go to www.tohorrorfilmfest.it/en<http://www.tohorrorfilmfest.it/en>.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Travel FilmFest International Film Festival in Limassol, Cyprus, October 19-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://travelfilmfest.com/

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) and Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) were selected for screening at the Orlando Film Festival, October 19-26. For more information about this festival, go to, http://orlandofilmfest.com<http://orlandofilmfest.com/>.

Sanctuary (BFA Documentary 2015 Grace Marrero) was selected for screening at the Wildlife Conservation Film Festival in New York City, October 19-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.wcff.org<http://www.wcff.org/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Best Benefits and Uses for Peanut Oil, Vol 1 (BFA F1 2016 Cristy Trabada), and Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri) were selected for screening at the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers Festival in Melbourne, FL, October 20-21. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.melbournefilmfest.com.

Blasted (BFA Thesis 2016 Christian Klein) was selected for screening at the San Francisco International New Concept Film Festival in San Bruno, CA, October 25-29. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sfnewfilm.org<http://www.sfnewfilm.org/>.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the Halloween International Film Festival in Kill Devil Hills, NC, October 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to, http://obxentertainment.com/halloweenfilmfestival/.

The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner) was selected for screening at the Philip K. Dick Film Festival in Cologne, Germany, October 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to, http://philipkdickfilmfestival-europe.com.

Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.fliff.com.
Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the EyeCatcher International Film Festival in McAlester, Oklahoma, November 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.eyecatcherfilmfest.com.

A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Rome, GA, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://riffga.com<http://riffga.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the San Jose International Short Film Festival, December 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sjsff.com<http://www.sjsff.com/>.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Beach Film Festival, January 13-15, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com<https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-18, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.