[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 11.17.17

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Nov 17 09:31:25 EST 2017

Last week Reb, Lindsay and I attended the annual National Philanthropy Day luncheon, where three of our wonderful donors were honored.  Marjorie Turnbull (who created the Film School Gus Turnbull Professionalism Award Endowment) was honored with a lifetime achievement award for philanthropy from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.  And Samantha & Wes Strickland were the Heart of Gold Honorees for the College of Motion Picture Arts because of their generous support of our students spanning 15 years.  Sam was the originator of the Pathfinder Award, and she and Wes established the Strickland Pathfinder endowment last year.

From Shaina Feldman Ulloa (MFA 17)  “I am in post production for PEPPERONIA. a VR Children's Show that I wrote/directed/produced. We are 5 weeks away from the premiere! I was lucky to work with FSU Alums: DP Sara Corkern '16, PD Allison Izzo '16, 1AD Zarmala Gilani '17, 1 & 2AC Virginia Robinson '17, and GF Molly Roland '17.  If any alums are interested in immersing themselves in a world unlike our own, where narwhals sing in pink sarongs, please email me at: shainaulloa at gmail.com<mailto:shainaulloa at gmail.com>.”

From Diego Araujo (MFA  04)  “I just directed a music video for Italian artist Daniele Luppi's "Talisa, a track from his new album MILANO, recorded with NYC-band Parquet Courts. "Talisa" features Karen-O (from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs). The video launched in Clash Magazine a few weeks ago. It was a fun hommage to Antonioni's Blow-Up, with a very eighties feel. Enjoy! http://www.clashmusic.com/news/daniele-luppi-x-parquet-courts-combine-on-talisa<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.clashmusic.com_news_daniele-2Dluppi-2Dx-2Dparquet-2Dcourts-2Dcombine-2Don-2Dtalisa&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=GGLBfH6iv_nO9LGh11UTKrATznl_MLnMBn_JdqhgM-I&s=BSnsgVCLnsJUNRo16NvsMFNS9o4bnxEO536syw17Q4Y&e=> you can also watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcLXfQ4jhg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DhdcLXfQ4jhg&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=GGLBfH6iv_nO9LGh11UTKrATznl_MLnMBn_JdqhgM-I&s=qS9tgEMQnEJHdgb2WcwcNDVEZSI104GPuGag5bkr3Dw&e=>”

From Claudia Johnson (former Film School screenwriting faculty member)  “Wanted to let you know that, to my everlasting surprise, The New York Times reviewed my memoir this morning. I especially love their watercolor of Ross & me in the car and this quote (because I started writing as a playwright): “Hurtling Toward Happiness” thrives from a quick pace and energetic dialogue that shows genuine warmth between mother and son. Reading it, I almost felt as if I were watching a play. I also felt like renting a sweet ride and hitting the road."https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/books/review/memoirs-take-the-wheel-finn-murphy-the-long-haul.html?_r=0<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nytimes.com_2017_11_10_books_review_memoirs-2Dtake-2Dthe-2Dwheel-2Dfinn-2Dmurphy-2Dthe-2Dlong-2Dhaul.html-3F-5Fr-3D0&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=U1hcEcnn0ZoxdsU2JEfVkJ-Ehm9GwCIbu-bVbAh2mAQ&s=J_X1Wl3UoE6_s-ykzP51CGCT9xHHzuEAF1z-2OphcBY&e=>  And a link to the NY Times review:  And maybe include a link to the NYTimes review? -- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/books/review/memoirs-take-the-wheel-finn-murphy-the-long-haul.html?_r=1<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nytimes.com_2017_11_10_books_review_memoirs-2Dtake-2Dthe-2Dwheel-2Dfinn-2Dmurphy-2Dthe-2Dlong-2Dhaul.html-3F-5Fr-3D1&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=7_RLmqrA8OfcnuMFyzWQMBiEDCrNILLbZB5D9_g20UU&s=xCG68F4y9vAxTJP1EpSktlzgVoxFySYZHKQ4AO6jmzk&e=>

From Michael Head (MFA 17 Writing)  “ my one-hour television pilot "Egalité" is a semi-finalist in Final Draft's Big Break screenwriting competition.

From Grace Marrero (BFA 17)  “Hey, FSU fam. I’m very excited to start this new crazy journey at APA in the Agent Trainee program in Beverly Hills. The FSU family here is strong with Ryan Saul (MFA 95) , the VP of the Motion Picture Lit Department, and agent to FSU film alumni Wes Ball (BFA 02) (Maze Runner) (NOTE:  Ryan is also agent for Greg Marcks (MFA 00) and John Webb (MFA 96), and Christina Campagnola (BFA 12) , a Coordinator for Independent Films. This industry is drastically changing with the booming success of television and mini series as well as all the Hollywood scandals being released. It is definitely an interesting time to be here.. I’d also like to encourage any of the BFA or MFA students who are thinking about coming to LA to feel free to contact me with any questions from the city, to car insurance, to resumes, to money. My email is gracevm at bellsouth.net<mailto:gracevm at bellsouth.net>. Sending my best to everyone at CMPA!”

From Ian Weir (MFA 07)  “A Journey through the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge” was a passion project filmed over three years in CinemaScope using my vintage collection of 8mm, 16mm and 35mm anamorphic adapters. A labor of love that was inspired by National Geographic films and the film “Baraka”. This is the latest in a series of CinemaScope nature films I have been shooting and editing for the last 5 years. For all those graduates who miss the nature of St. Marks please sit back and enjoy the journey. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BJxN9ZeK7Q&t=1s”

2018 HIFF Screenwriters Lab<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__t.e2ma.net_click_58ts1_djn0pc_1p40mt&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LJQw-Cr_mYPBcK6Xl8KyI2cQK3ZTqOZbUvOZxEBIHEg&m=V9yupfvcmNKzsjcZTqvly9VtLF73gi6ofyGahyCtSYY&s=Jc6rIBRLy_zwB6c6Nb5hFwwHpn9T7EYjxLZmAkHknA4&e=>  Do you have a screenplay just waiting to be discovered? Going into its 18th year, the intimate Screenwriters Lab<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__t.e2ma.net_click_58ts1_djn0pc_hi50mt&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LJQw-Cr_mYPBcK6Xl8KyI2cQK3ZTqOZbUvOZxEBIHEg&m=V9yupfvcmNKzsjcZTqvly9VtLF73gi6ofyGahyCtSYY&s=fg02mPfhQg72rLHp_X7gG1p0Mm9CIkxwj7WBUzwyBek&e=> takes place
each spring in East Hampton (2018 dates: April 6–8).
The Lab helps to develop the accepted writers' projects by pairing them
with established writers, directors and creative producers. The first deadline is November 28, with more to follow.
Learn more and submit your work today!<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__t.e2ma.net_click_58ts1_djn0pc_xa60mt&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LJQw-Cr_mYPBcK6Xl8KyI2cQK3ZTqOZbUvOZxEBIHEg&m=V9yupfvcmNKzsjcZTqvly9VtLF73gi6ofyGahyCtSYY&s=0DDzW7IHXVRWw8IKI8mgqs7Fbu-aEfGjewwsDdxNVHE&e=> Details on our 3rd Annual Master Class still to come...Read about last year's participants at<Read%20about%20last%20year's%20participants%20at%0dhttp:/hamptonsfilmfest.org/screenwriterslab/>
http://hamptonsfilmfest.org/screenwriterslab/<Read%20about%20last%20year's%20participants%20at%0dhttp:/hamptonsfilmfest.org/screenwriterslab/>

 From Paul Cohen:  The Torchlight Program<http://film.fsu.edu/Programs/The-Torchlight-Program> Spring Internship 2018,  In the Motion Picture Industry: Social Media Marketing (January 8, – May 4, 2018). Selected interns will screen a number of independent motion pictures before they are released to the public this Spring season. Interns will be instructed as to how best to write informative messages (with proprietary information from the various releasing companies)  on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to market and promote; spreading awareness for these newly released feature films. Our interning team will have the opportunity to engage in other film industry opportunities, marketing calls with industry executives, directors and producers during the release of projects,  film festival development for Tampa’s, “Gasparilla International Film Festival” and again assist in presenting this year’s screening of a “Movie You Haven’t Seen” at the Opening Nights Arts Festival at FSU among other unique motion picture events."  Phone Interviews Available Monday November 13, 2017 Through Wednesday January 10, 2018.  Personal Interviews Will Be Scheduled To Follow the Initial Phone Interview. Please take a moment to call or write for an appointment for a telephone or in person interview: Contact: Gayle Gari / Administrative Assistant E-mail: pcasstgayle at gmail.com<mailto:pcasstgayle at gmail.com> Mobile: 845.300.0268<tel:(845)%20300-0268>  Or contact me directly, if you prefer: Paul Cohen / Executive Director E-mail: paulcohenfilm at gmail.com<mailto:paulcohenfilm at gmail.com> Phone: 646.244.5598<tel:(646)%20244-5598>  I will be conducting phone interviews (by appointment) daily Monday - Friday noon-8p.m. during the remainder of this Fall semester; continuing during the Thanksgiving holiday; and during your December semester break up to Wednesday January 10 during drop / add week for the Spring semester 2018. Please call to set up an appointment for our phone interview.

The College of Motion Picture Arts is seeking applications for a visiting, full-time Teaching Faculty I in Cinematography with VFX experience. This is a 12-month, non-tenure earning position, responsible for teaching coursework in the Bachelor of Fine Arts Production/Animation program and the Master of Fine Arts Production program.  The successful candidate will be able to develop curricula and teach courses in motion picture live action cinematography and VFX related cinematography. Typical responsibilities include: teaching multiple classes, practicum labs, workshops and on-set visits; mentoring and advising students; and contributing to curriculum/program development, including serving on committees, researching industry trends, and advising on classroom facilities, tools, and technology.  For a full description and steps to submit an application, visit the FSU Human Resources website:  http://hr.fsu.edu<http://hr.fsu.edu/>/  > Job opportunities > Keywords: 42649, or contact Linda Hensley at lhensley at fsu.edu<mailto:lhensley at fsu.edu>.   NOTE:  Do not send applications to the Film School; you must apply through Human Resources.

From June Mack (MFA 92)  “Assistant Professor of Audio and Video Production, Belmont University, Nashville, TN.   Full time tenure track.  Terminal degree required.  For more information and application instructions go to https://jobs.belmont.edu/postings/8078<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.belmont.edu_postings_8078&d=DwMFAw&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=WGrD-n2An_jqeKjkEXaVE_4LATyR-f8eAdKhwkJkVBo&m=gBuTqtqO4OFXVZDEOQq5bJBT9gL5wlglMelJwfFp5W0&s=pOYZYa8YIlwVCjT6pm-l2zbEK2ursvQ6FzW_v3rVNz0&e=>.

From Robby Stahl (FSU alum) “I'm working for producers Burt Sugarman and Howard Barish out here in LA and I look for scripts and writers with concepts.  Howard was the winner of Sundance in 2016 for his documentary 13th and is now in production with three films which include stars Emmanuelle Chriqui and Sam Trammell. He is now looking to make 4 more films in 2018. Howard is making all of his films ultra low budget so the script would need to be catered towards that budget. Burt Sugarman is my boss and the creator of "The Midnight Special" "Richard Pryor Show" and countless other films. He is the financier of Howards productions. I am also seeking a writer to help me develop a script and pitch of a book I acquired the rights to (this would be for pay). The logline is "When marijuana turned a Florida teen into a millionaire fugitive." Its a very unique and true story of a 16 year old in 1972 who made trips from St Pete Beach Florida to Jamaica in his fishing boat to transport marijuana.   If you have scripts, concepts or would be interested in working with me on a script, contact me at robby.stahl at gmail.com<mailto:robby.stahl at gmail.com>”

From Sam Bartz (MFA 17)  LA INTERNSHIP: We are a management company with a great roster of clients that includes Jeff Bridges, Donald Glover, Melissa McCarthy, Aubrey Plaza, Kevin Bacon, Ethan Hawke, and Helena Bonham Carter as well as experienced and up­-and-coming writers and directors.  Qualities we are looking for: Responsible, organized, intelligent, pro­active applicants.
As an intern at MGMT Entertainment you will be required to do the following...
● Take on the role of the company receptionist which requires great communication skills,
quick thinking, and a concrete knowledge of our clients. The receptionist will also be
expected to do participate in the other internship activities (below).
● Act as a 2nd ''assistant'' to our current managers/assistants and cover desks which
involves rolling calls, scheduling meetings, writing coverage, running errands,
etc.
● General administrative duties, personal and work-related errands, scheduling meetings,
coordinating with corresponding agencies, production offices, network and studio execs,
reading scripts, writing coverage
We need people who can work minimum 2 to 3 days a week. Our hours are 9am ­ 7pm.  Email resumes to:kkwbassist at mgmt-entertainment.com

May not get a Warren  Report out next week, so want to wish everyone a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving weekend!

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – November 16, 2017

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) won the Kite Vision Award and If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) won Best Score and Best Cinematographer (Diana Dai) at the Kite Film Fest in Destin on November 11. For more information about this festival, go to https://850me.com/kite-film-fest/.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Comedy Film Festival in Marietta, Georgia on December 11. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlantacomedyfilmfestival.net.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the San Diego Black Film Festival, January 31 – February 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.sdbff.com<http://www.sdbff.com/>.

The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth) was selected for screening at the Flagler Film Festival in Palm Coast, Florida, January 12-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://flaglerfilmfestival.com<http://flaglerfilmfestival.com/>.

Today and Tomorrow and the Day After That (MFA D2 2017 Samuel Bellamy) was selected for screening at the Pride Film Festival in Chicago, IL, October 10 –
January 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://pridefilmsandplays.com<http://pridefilmsandplays.com/>.

Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.fliff.com<http://www.fliff.com/>.
Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the EyeCatcher International Film Festival in McAlester, Oklahoma, November 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.eyecatcherfilmfest.com.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the St. Cloud Film Fest in Saint Cloud, MN, November 4-11. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com<http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 YuYing Chien) were selected for screening at the Chicago International Movies & Music Festival, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cimmfest.org<http://cimmfest.org/>.

A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Rome, GA, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://riffga.com<http://riffga.com/>.
Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes), Smoked (MFA D2 2017 Jonas Schubach), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) and The Waiting (BFA F3 2017 Grace Stalley) were selected for screening at the Kite Film Festival in Destin, FL, November 11. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.facebook.com/events/985086588294957.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the South Carolina Underground Film Festival in Charleston, November 11-12. For more information this festival, go to http://www.sc-uff.com/.

The Waiting (BFA F3 2017 Grace Stalley) and Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond) were selected for screening at the Florida Horror Film Festival in Tampa on November 12. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/FloridaHorrorFilmFestival.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) and War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) were selected for screening at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival in Austin, TX, November 13. For more information about this festival, go to, https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com<https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com/>.

Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) and Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff) were selected for screening at the Key West Film Festival, November 15-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://kwfilmfest.com<https://kwfilmfest.com/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the North Dakota Human Rights Film & Arts Festival in Fargo, November 15-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.human-family.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.human-2Dfamily.org&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=rY4X8tfUQRpnWbq86p5CjeZkVTg-E-VisCk6kA3h-eE&s=SjBzlf7IEY7hvk1MGs-bmblaPSl8zFDdj4LIl1x9BT4&e=>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Buried Alive Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://buriedalivefilmfest.com<http://buriedalivefilmfest.com/>.

Spooky Breakup (MFA D1 2016 Jonpaul Rodriguez) and Reunion (BFA Documentary 2017 Brady Holcomb) were selected for screening at the 2017 Southern Screen Festival in Lafayette, LA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://southernscreen.org<http://southernscreen.org/>.

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin), and Daughters of the Revolution (BFA Documentary 2017 Elyse Carley) were selected for screening at Et Cultura in St. Petersburg, FL, November 17-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://etcultura.com<https://etcultura.com/>.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected as a finalist in the Just4Shorts Online Short Film Festival and Screenplay Competition in Los Angeles, CA, November 18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://just4shorts.com/competition/.

Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Salam From Syria (BFA Documentary 2017 Sabrina Attar), Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby), Searching for the Bobscar (BFA Documentary 2017 Brandon Knack), Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes) and Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole) were selected for screening at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19. For more information about this showcase, visit www.enzian.org.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in West Covina, CA, November 2-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cafilmfestival.org/en/.

Ghost Story (BFA F3 2017 Rob Bevis), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin), Failures of an Alchemist (BFA F3 2017 Parker McBain), Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole), The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), Papercuts (MFA D2 2017 James Leming), The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Tony DeNiro) and Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff) were invited for a special screening at the Blue Tavern in Tallahassee on November 29. For more information about this venue, go to https://www.facebook.com/bluetaverntallahassee/

Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Calderon), Marianne (MFA D2 2016 Yu Ying Chien), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), A Body of Art (BFA Documentary 2017 Millicent Jenkins), Building Bridges (BFA Documentary 2017 Ryland Carlin), Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Not My God (BFA F3 2017 Anthony Romaguera), Jeremy (BFA F3 2017 Nicole Pacheco), A Little Drama (MFA D1 2016 Brandon Shenk), Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold), Love is Blind (MFA D1 2016 Jonas Schubach) and The Bradford Experiment (MFA D1 2016 James Leming) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival (TBUFF) in Seminole, November 30 – December 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the San Jose International Short Film Festival, December 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sjsff.com<http://www.sjsff.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Festival, December 12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.higfa.com<http://www.higfa.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Award in Burbank on December 13. For more information about this competition, go to www.usgfa.com<http://www.usgfa.com/>.

Reunion (BFA Documentary 2017 Brady Holcomb) was selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Beach Film Festival, January 13-15, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com<https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison), Sculpting Tradition (BFA Documentary 2017 Savannah Berube), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin) and Glory Days (BFA F3 2017 Terry Beck) were selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker, and Ms. Omniscience (MFA D2 2017 Xiao Ma) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien are Semi-Finalists and official selections at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the Around International Film Festival in Barcelona, Spain, March 9, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://aroundfilms.com<http://aroundfilms.com/>.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-18, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.