[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 11.9.17

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Nov 9 14:05:24 EST 2017

Film School faculty and staff are having a gathering this afternoon for Lindsay Hartmann who has been our amazing Director of Development for the past three years.  She, Ben and Able will be moving to San Diego where Ben will assume his newest assignment in the Marines.   Lindsay has been a super resource for the Film School, helping to educate our alumni about the critical need for their financial support, no matter what the size of the donation, as well as being an all-round rock star fund raiser.

Adrienne MacKillop McNally  (BFA 02)  is now editing at Dynasty along with her mentor Brandi Bradburn Holland, ACE  (MFA 99).  What a team!  the network announced Wednesday that  Dynasty<http://variety.com/t/dynasty/>” has been picked up for a full season at The CW<http://variety.com/t/the-cw/>. (Feel sure this season pickup is directly related to the amazing editing of these two women!)

From Moca Chen (MFA 11)  “I am now working in Taiwan, mostly being 1st AD for movies, TV/Web dramas, and commercials, I sometimes edit for commercials, as well. And two years ago I got the chance to work on the movie "Silence" as the 2nd unit script supervisor when they were filming in Taiwan! I just wrapped from a web series yesterday. It was a story about gay love. As filmmaking always is, it was tough but fun. Meet a lot great people. Now I am ready for a break and looking forward to next story to make!”

From Kendall McCrory (MFA 14) “I'm looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic animation student or recent grad who's interested in helping me bring to life a Civil Rights doc about the lunch counter sit-ins in Pensacola. If animation, civil rights and docs are up your alley, let's talk! This is a passion project, so it's low pay. I'm based in LA, but am open to working with people who aren't located here. Please email mkmccrory at gmail.com<mailto:mkmccrory at gmail.com> for more info.”

From Collin Lockett (BFA ADA 16)  “I've been living in Georgia for a little over a year now and I love it even though I never received a complimentary "Welcome" peach. I won Best Humor Film at San Diego Comic Con over the summer, so I can just die now. M I've been doing a lot of Production Assistant work in commercials and TV. And by a lot I mean just enough to live, which I know is counterintuitive to the previous item.  I launched a YouTube channel called Creative Liberation, so if you're into nerdy, pop culture-y, short film-y stuff, you'll probably enjoy it. Like, Comment, Subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/user/ceko789  I'm directing a short film written by Cole Goslee ( MFA 2018) for Creative Liberation. We're aiming to shoot sometime around the end of this year! If anyone wants to help out get in touch with him or me on Facebook or any other form of social media excluding Tinder. Bumble is fine. I am applying for the 2018-2020 Disney ABC Directing Program. I've gotten fat. I think that's pretty much everything! “

From Courtney Harmstone (BFA 12)  “the feature I am working on, Indigo Valley, has been announced in variety this week at AFM!  Director, Jaclyn Bethany and I are thrilled to have a spot on page 6! We screened the short this Sunday in Beverly Hills.  We are also announcing our named cast soon, which is going to be very exciting! I’ll give a hint - think of someone magical! ;) http://variety.com/2017/film/news/harry-potter-actress-evanna-lynch-indigo-valley-1202609703/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__variety.com_2017_film_news_harry-2Dpotter-2Dactress-2Devanna-2Dlynch-2Dindigo-2Dvalley-2D1202609703_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=AbEJguXg3XPIVvSMy2Q_kOZF0qvcSodqPUzU2HPwZ0M&s=GA9TE-rAjgwW7UM9aN0AurmGpt3e8cpETW7xctFUYTo&e=>

From Matt Olmon (MFA 03)  “Gravitas Ventures, the renowned independent film distributor, will release my feature directorial debut, the holiday comedy, DRINKSGIVING starring Pamela Mitchell (“Psycho In-Law”, “Shameless”), and Jacob A. Ware (“Boardwalk Empire”), On-Demand, on November 14th, 2017. The film, produced by F-Bomb Productions, LLC., follows the exploits of female post-grad, Sarah (Mitchell), who, along with her best friend Jake (Ware), attempt to throw a ‘grown-up’ get-together on one of the largest party nights of the year, the night before Thanksgiving. Over the course of the evening, Sarah finds out that growing up is not the same for everyone.
DRINKSGIVING will be available on Amazon, YouTube Movies, Vudu, iTunes, and various other VOD sites as well as a variety of On-Demand systems such as Comcast, Direct TV, and Dish, amongst others.”

A Tallahassee Moonlight  article!:  http://www.tallahasseemagazine.com/November-December-2017/Basking-in-the-Moonlight/

From Steven Anderson (BFA  08)  “A friend of mine works at the comedy production company Jash and they are looking for an assistant editor. If anyone is interested, they can email post at jash.com<mailto:post at jash.com>.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – November 9, 2017

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) was awarded Best Student Film at the International Black Film Festival in Nashville, October 5-8. For more information about this festival, go to http://ibffnashville.com<http://ibffnashville.com/>

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015             Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening in the New York No Limits Film Series, November 16-19. For more information about this series, go to http://newyorknolimits.com<http://newyorknolimits.com/>.

Everyone Loves a Panda (MFA D2 2017 Brandon Shenk/Jonas Schubach: DP) is a Semi-Finalist in the European Cinematography Awards. For more information about this competition, go to http://e-ca.edu<http://e-ca.edu/>.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) was nominated for Best Actress, Best Comedy Micro Short and Best Romantic Comedy, and War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival in Austin, TX, November 13. For more information about this festival, go to, https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com<https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Award in Burbank on December 13. For more information about this competition, go to www.usgfa.com<http://www.usgfa.com/>.

Edgar & Ellie (MFA D2 2017 Jonpaul Rodriguez) and Papercuts (MFA D2 2017 James Leming) were accepted for screening in the November monthly edition of Mindie, the Miami Independent Film Festival. For more information about this festival, go to http://miamindiefest.com<http://miamindiefest.com/>.

Reunion (BFA Documentary 2017 Brady Holcomb) was selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

Smoked (MFA D2 2017 Jonas Schubach) is an official selection and Semi-Finalist for the monthly screening of Los Angeles CineFest. For more information about this festival, go to http://lacinefest.weebly.com<http://lacinefest.weebly.com/>.

Ghost Story (BFA F3 2017 Rob Bevis), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin), Failures of an Alchemist (BFA F3 2017 Parker McBain), Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole), The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), Papercuts (MFA D2 2017 James Leming), The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Tony DeNiro) and Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff) were invited for a special screening at the Blue Tavern in Tallahassee. For more information about this venue, go to https://www.facebook.com/bluetaverntallahassee/

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected and is a Semi-finalist in the Wayward Festival competition. Wayward is a quarterly traveling festival. For more information about this festival, go to https://waywardfest.com/.

Today and Tomorrow and the Day After That (MFA D2 2017 Samuel Bellamy) was selected for screening at the Pride Film Festival in Chicago, IL, October 10 –
January 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://pridefilmsandplays.com<http://pridefilmsandplays.com/>.

Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.fliff.com<http://www.fliff.com/>.
Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the EyeCatcher International Film Festival in McAlester, Oklahoma, November 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.eyecatcherfilmfest.com.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the St. Cloud Film Fest in Saint Cloud, MN, November 4-11. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com<http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 YuYing Chien) were selected for screening at the Chicago International Movies & Music Festival, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cimmfest.org<http://cimmfest.org/>.

A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Rome, GA, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://riffga.com<http://riffga.com/>.
Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes), Smoked (MFA D2 2017 Jonas Schubach), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) and The Waiting (BFA F3 2017 Grace Stalley) were selected for screening at the Kite Film Festival in Destin, FL, November 11. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.facebook.com/events/985086588294957.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the South Carolina Underground Film Festival in Charleston, November 11-12. For more information this festival, go to http://www.sc-uff.com/.

The Waiting (BFA F3 2017 Grace Stalley) and Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond) were selected for screening at the Florida Horror Film Festival in Tampa on November 12. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/FloridaHorrorFilmFestival.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) and War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) were selected for screening at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival in Austin, TX, November 13. For more information about this festival, go to, https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com<https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com/>.

Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) and Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff) were selected for screening at the Key West Film Festival, November 15-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://kwfilmfest.com<https://kwfilmfest.com/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the North Dakota Human Rights Film & Arts Festival in Fargo, November 15-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.human-family.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.human-2Dfamily.org&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=rY4X8tfUQRpnWbq86p5CjeZkVTg-E-VisCk6kA3h-eE&s=SjBzlf7IEY7hvk1MGs-bmblaPSl8zFDdj4LIl1x9BT4&e=>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Buried Alive Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://buriedalivefilmfest.com<http://buriedalivefilmfest.com/>.

Spooky Breakup (MFA D1 2016 Jonpaul Rodriguez) and Reunion (BFA Documentary 2017 Brady Holcomb) were selected for screening at the 2017 Southern Screen Festival in Lafayette, LA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://southernscreen.org<http://southernscreen.org/>.

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin), and Daughters of the Revolution (BFA Documentary 2017 Elyse Carley) were selected for screening at Et Cultura in St. Petersburg, FL, November 17-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://etcultura.com<https://etcultura.com/>.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected as a finalist in the Just4Shorts Online Short Film Festival and Screenplay Competition in Los Angeles, CA, November 18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://just4shorts.com/competition/.

Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Salam From Syria (BFA Documentary 2017 Sabrina Attar), Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby), Searching for the Bobscar (BFA Documentary 2017 Brandon Knack), Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes) and Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole) were selected for screening at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19. For more information about this showcase, visit www.enzian.org.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in West Covina, CA, November 2-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cafilmfestival.org/en/.

Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Calderon), Marianne (MFA D2 2016 Yu Ying Chien), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), A Body of Art (BFA Documentary 2017 Millicent Jenkins), Building Bridges (BFA Documentary 2017 Ryland Carlin), Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Not My God (BFA F3 2017 Anthony Romaguera), Jeremy (BFA F3 2017 Nicole Pacheco), A Little Drama (MFA D1 2016 Brandon Shenk), Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold), Love is Blind (MFA D1 2016 Jonas Schubach) and The Bradford Experiment (MFA D1 2016 James Leming) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival (TBUFF) in Seminole, November 30 – December 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the San Jose International Short Film Festival, December 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sjsff.com<http://www.sjsff.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Festival, December 12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.higfa.com<http://www.higfa.com/>.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Beach Film Festival, January 13-15, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com<https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison), Sculpting Tradition (BFA Documentary 2017 Savannah Berube), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin) and Glory Days (BFA F3 2017 Terry Beck) were selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker, and Ms. Omniscience (MFA D2 2017 Xiao Ma) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien are Semi-Finalists and official selections at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the Around International Film Festival in Barcelona, Spain, March 9, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://aroundfilms.com<http://aroundfilms.com/>.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-18, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.