[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 11.3.17

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Nov 3 08:24:21 EDT 2017

Kelsey Scott<http://deadline.com/tag/kelsey-scott/> has been cast in Lifetime<http://deadline.com/tag/lifetime/>’s The Simone Biles Story<http://deadline.com/tag/the-simone-biles-story/> (working title), which follows the Olympic gold medalist’s journey from foster care to winning 19 Olympic and World Championship medals and cementing her status as one of the greatest gymnasts of all-time.
http://deadline.com/2017/10/lifetime-simone-biles-story-kelsey-scott-1202198473/

From Aaron Moorhead (BFA  08) “All three of our movies are on this list and I'm dang proud of that. #32, 10, and 7. Give yourselves a pat on the back Justin<https://www.facebook.com/JustinHBenson?fref=mentions>, David<https://www.facebook.com/davidlawsonjr?fref=mentions> and the rest of the army that helped build these films.”  See the list at http://www.audienceseverywhere.net/100-horror-2000s-lists/5/   NOTE:  Also It Follows at #4 which was done by David Mitchell (MFA 02).

From Adam Goff (MFA Writing 11)  “Just wanted to report to the report that my script, The Range, won the Digital Scripted Series Competition at the 2017 Austin Film Festival! It's a western/thriller with a bit of sci-fi mixed in for good measure. For any alumni or current students considering applying to the fest, the writer's conference, panels, and script workshops were an invaluable experience. If anyone is interested in reading my series (season one is short and sweet and disturbing), feel free to reach out! Logline for The Range:  “While waiting for her family to return home, a lone frontierswoman must defend herself and her land from a bizarre force that grows closer with each passing night. After weeks with no sign of her kin, the lost settler learns the true meaning of isolation, survival, fear, and the ways in which they quietly chip away at the mind, body, and spirit.”

Walt Disney Animation Studios announces that Nicole Dial (FSU COM) will be the Disney Annimation  contact for school relation activity around the globe.  Nicole has a digital production and animation background that includes experience in production management, recruiting and outreach.

Attention anyone interested in working in film in the ATL area.   Frank Patterson called after leaving a meeting with the GA Film Commissioner where they talked about Reel Crew Atlanta, the Atlanta Production Directory.   The Commissioner said that most film hires are being done via Reel Crew, and that right now they have 42 TV series and 18 features in production in ATL.  The data base has been radically improved and easy to use.  If you are not already registered, urge you to do that NOW:  http://www.georgia.org/industries/entertainment/georgia-film-tv-production/reel-crew-production-directory/   You can register yourself in a variety of position titles.

From Matt Voor (BFA 14)  “My art is on view at the Net Art for Storage Pavilion curated by Ben Grosser for The Wrong New Digital Art Biennale, open Nov. 1 - Jan. 1. You can view my work, along with an array of international artists' works at http://thewrong.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__thewrong.org&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=sc_cVO_xLoNR-UC7LClBcileu8pz7q8csd5HE-Hy3j0&s=VkGAoQ7XUJaTUfFEBB780yGfXN51tOBU2Z8XoOQo0-w&e=>”

From Jason Ambler (BFA ’09) and Tyler Capo' (BFA’13)  “We’ve had an exciting year here at Falcon’s Creative Group, and we’re thrilled to share two of our most recent projects that have opened:  For our New York friends, be sure to check out NationalGeographic ENCOUNTER: Ocean Odyssey<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__natgeoencounter.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=RDj6bSsJoI4-fjZ9j6FPiXGNcnZcmD9c81pUiCnh47I&s=Te-MkrbnXHYJhCUEL-5HWRZ5gSnW3CynCpo-rRrjARQ&e=>, which opened up in Times Square last month. Our firm served as overall concept and attraction designers, project managers for all the vendors, and content producers for all of the graphics and interactive media for the post-show area. Jason was Executive Producer, and Tyler served as lead project coordinator all the content. Check out some of these videos for an insider’s look!
 https://www.facebook.com/NatGeoENCOUNTER/videos/364150560695627/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_NatGeoENCOUNTER_videos_364150560695627_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=RDj6bSsJoI4-fjZ9j6FPiXGNcnZcmD9c81pUiCnh47I&s=uP9w86kUQcgp7kOYb5OLA27xbqDkGVruurJ7DAWWAro&e=>
https://www.facebook.com/NatGeoENCOUNTER/videos/369166583527358/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_NatGeoENCOUNTER_videos_369166583527358_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=RDj6bSsJoI4-fjZ9j6FPiXGNcnZcmD9c81pUiCnh47I&s=gOOObEVAMJpO6Tnot19XuWwhsfe1e3oRoY9YvhSFY6c&e=>

Further abroad, we also opened the first-ever Lionsgate Theme Park Land at Motiongate Dubai which includes ‘The World of The Hunger Games’. Our firm served as Master Planners, Attraction Designers, Project Managers, Creative Guardians for Lionsgate, and Media Producers for the entire zone and all attractions. We were able to work with some of the amazing talent from the feature films including Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket, Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman, and Mahershala Ali as Boggs. Elsewhere in the park we provided on-site sound mixes for Dreamworks attractions with Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, and Madagascar. Check out this interview that Jason did with the LA Times about it! http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-tr-hunger-games-lionsgate-theme-park-dubai-20171017-story.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.latimes.com_travel_themeparks_la-2Dtr-2Dhunger-2Dgames-2Dlionsgate-2Dtheme-2Dpark-2Ddubai-2D20171017-2Dstory.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=RDj6bSsJoI4-fjZ9j6FPiXGNcnZcmD9c81pUiCnh47I&s=CrPrXhnb9rCbIDqqeYJJEjSamT9G4nS7K2D8Ic5K14A&e=>”

From Adam Schlachter (BFA  97)  "I have been talking to representatives from a few film schools to see if they will graciously donate a free license to screen their thesis films with Puerto Rican themes or filmmakers to help two of the hurricane relief causes, the Red Cross and Governor Cuomo's New York Relief and Recovery Effort. Besides those I spoke to, is there anyone out there with a short that I can screen meeting the criteria? Perhaps there is someone in Los Angeles that can spearhead a sister screening in conjunction with the one I hope to organize in Miami? Thinking of positive ways to deal with a seeming insurmountable crisis."  And thinking about the lives at stake, not the politics that divide our opinions.  Email me if you are interested:  Adam Schlachter <adimafilm at hotmail.com>

From Ryan Kuo “I am looking for a coordinator. Job has been posted on DreamWorks website https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?SID=%5e1HUpWT3%2fWt6ebnPdMPywCNW2_slp_rhc_cTNHWRXxB01rdqkw%2fF%2fszo2Uh7iNk1ZcMM3pKaz&jobId=387871&type=search&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5108&JobSiteInfo=387871_5108&GQId=0<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sjobs.brassring.com_tgwebhost_jobdetails.aspx-3FSID-3D-255e1HUpWT3-252fWt6ebnPdMPywCNW2-5Fslp-5Frhc-5FcTNHWRXxB01rdqkw-252fF-252fszo2Uh7iNk1ZcMM3pKaz-26jobId-3D387871-26type-3Dsearch-26JobReqLang-3D1-26recordstart-3D1-26JobSiteId-3D5108-26JobSiteInfo-3D387871-5F5108-26GQId-3D0&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=CRmXgpLW0HIviDIxdLtAFE1goNjK9Qdg4zZwTioN32s&s=J17fDiuhCHkCmteDiuK37gq3VahIsChWi3XO_1MmXz0&e=>
Anybody that is interested is welcome to email me directly with their resume at ryan.kuo-atkinson at dreamworks.com<mailto:ryan.kuo-atkinson at dreamworks.com>

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – November 2, 2017

Marianne (MFA D2 2016 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival (TBUFF) in Seminole, November 30 – December 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), The Dollhouse (BFA Documentary 2017 Kyra Gardner), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Salam From Syria (BFA Documentary 2017 Sabrina Attar), Wilting (BFA Documentary 2017 Jessica Kirby), Searching for the Bobscar (BFA Documentary 2017 Brandon Knack), Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes) and Howl at the Moon (BFA F3 2017 Arielle Cole) were selected for screening at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19. For more information about this showcase, visit www.enzian.org.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison), Sculpting Tradition (BFA Documentary 2017 Savannah Berube), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin) and Glory Days (BFA F3 2017 Terry Beck) were selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

Today and Tomorrow and the Day After That (MFA D2 2017 Samuel Bellamy) was selected for screening at the Pride Film Festival in Chicago, IL, October 10 –
January 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://pridefilmsandplays.com<http://pridefilmsandplays.com/>.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected for screening at the Portland Film Festival in Portland, OR, October 30-November 5. For more information about this festival, go to, http://portlandfilmfestival.com<http://portlandfilmfestival.com/>.

Mother Road (BFA Documentary 2016 Bobby Tucker/Nathan Cohen) was selected for screening at the Route 66 Film Festival in Springfield, IL, November 3-4. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.route66filmfestival.net<http://www.route66filmfestival.net/>.

Tate’s (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Low) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.fliff.com<http://www.fliff.com/>.
Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the EyeCatcher International Film Festival in McAlester, Oklahoma, November 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.eyecatcherfilmfest.com.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart) was selected for screening at the St. Cloud Film Fest in Saint Cloud, MN, November 4-11. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com<http://www.stcloudfilmfest.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 YuYing Chien) were selected for screening at the Chicago International Movies & Music Festival, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cimmfest.org<http://cimmfest.org/>.

A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Rome, GA, November 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://riffga.com<http://riffga.com/>.
Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival, November 3-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Maria (BFA F3 2017 Iliana Ipes), Smoked (MFA D2 2017 Jonas Schubach), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) and The Waiting (BFA F3 2017 Grace Stalley)  were selected for screening at the Kite Film Festival in Destin, FL, November 11. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.facebook.com/events/985086588294957.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the South Carolina Underground Film Festival in Charleston, November 11-12. For more information this festival, go to http://www.sc-uff.com/.

The Waiting (BFA F3 2017 Grace Stalley) and Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond) were selected for screening at the Florida Horror Film Festival in Tampa on November 12. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/FloridaHorrorFilmFestival.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) and War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) were selected for screening at the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival in Austin, TX, November 13. For more information about this festival, go to, https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com<https://austincomedyshortfilmfestival.com/>.

Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold) and Still November (BFA F3 2017 Reid Lauff) were selected for screening at the Key West Film Festival, November 15-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://kwfilmfest.com<https://kwfilmfest.com/>.

Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the North Dakota Human Rights Film & Arts Festival in Fargo, November 15-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.human-family.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.human-2Dfamily.org&d=DwMFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=rY4X8tfUQRpnWbq86p5CjeZkVTg-E-VisCk6kA3h-eE&s=SjBzlf7IEY7hvk1MGs-bmblaPSl8zFDdj4LIl1x9BT4&e=>.

Rigor Mortis (MFA Thesis 2017 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Buried Alive Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://buriedalivefilmfest.com<http://buriedalivefilmfest.com/>.

Spooky Breakup (MFA D1 2016 Jonpaul Rodriguez) and Reunion (BFA Documentary 2017 Brady Holcomb) were selected for screening at the 2017 Southern Screen Festival in Lafayette, LA, November 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to, http://southernscreen.org<http://southernscreen.org/>.

The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin), and Daughters of the Revolution (BFA Documentary 2017 Elyse Carley) were selected for screening at Et Cultura in St. Petersburg, FL, November 17-19. For more information about this festival, go to, https://etcultura.com<https://etcultura.com/>.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) was selected as a finalist in the Just4Shorts Online Short Film Festival and Screenplay Competition in Los Angeles, CA, November 18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://just4shorts.com/competition/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in West Covina, CA, November 2-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cafilmfestival.org/en/.

Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Calderon), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), A Body of Art (BFA Documentary 2017 Millicent Jenkins), Building Bridges (BFA Documentary 2017 Ryland Carlin), Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Not My God (BFA F3 2017 Anthony Romaguera), Jeremy (BFA F3 2017 Nicole Pacheco), A Little Drama (MFA D1 2016 Brandon Shenk), Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold), Love is Blind (MFA D1 2016 Jonas Schubach) and The Bradford Experiment (MFA D1 2016 James Leming) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival (TBUFF) in Seminole, November 30 – December 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the San Jose International Short Film Festival, December 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sjsff.com<http://www.sjsff.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Festival, December 12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.higfa.com<http://www.higfa.com/>.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Beach Film Festival, January 13-15, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com<https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker, and Ms. Omniscience (MFA D2 2017 Xiao Ma) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien are Semi-Finalists and official selections at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the Around International Film Festival in Barcelona, Spain, March 9, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://aroundfilms.com<http://aroundfilms.com/>.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-18, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.