[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Afternoon Update on the Great Give

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Mar 31 16:11:27 EDT 2017

Wish all of you could have been in Tallahassee today to hear Barry, Joi and Nat talk about their lives since Film School, Moonlight and the Academy Awards.  It was a magical afternoon.   One more screening for the public at Ruby Diamond tonight, with another Q&A with Barry, and then they leave in the morning.

We are $3,000 from meeting our Great Give Goal of $7,500.   A $5 gift from each of our alums would exceed that goal; a $10 gift from half of our alums would exceed it, and of course a $50 gift from just 60 alums would push us over the top.  Can you help? We only have five hours left.

Tired of getting these updates?  Help us get to our goal of $7500 and I’ll quit!   This morning we have $3,200 in contributions from 39 great supporters.   We are half way!!    You have till 9 PM EST tonight to donate.  Since we have Barry Jenkins, Nat Sanders and Joi McMillon here for screenings and talks with our students I won’t get another chance to send you a reminder/update until late afternoon.   Surprise me!!!!

FSU’S GREAT GIVE is a 36-hour online giving in support of academic programs.   This year the Film School has chosen to seek donations to the Meryl Warren Fund which my husband endowed to support alumni activities such as our LA, ATL and NY screenings and receptions.   You can make contributions TODAY from 9 AM EST on Thursday, March 30 through 9 PM EST on Friday, March 31.   I’ll send you a reminder later in the day!

Here is the link directly to our Great Give page:   http://spark.fsu.edu/project/318    It won’t take you two minutes to donate.

The University values greatly alumni participation in this campaign, so hope all of you will think about making a contribution to let us continue to have receptions, dinners, etc., to keep our amazing alumni network strong.  No contribution is too small, and of course, none would be too large!

Help us!

Meryl