[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 3.25.17

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Sat Mar 25 13:47:46 EDT 2017

[cid:image001.png at 01D2A56E.61537250]

See the above invitation for details about the Film School’s events at the Atlanta Film Festival March 28 and 29.   In addition to the Tuesday screening, Joi McMillon and Nat Sanders will be presenting our second Atlanta Film Forum on Wednesday.  Please note that you must rsvp to attend the Film Forum:    http://atlantafilmfestival.com/2017/fsu

Congratulations to Oualid Mouaness (MFA 97)  who has been selected as one of the Sundance Institute 2017 Screenwriter Fellows:   Read the story at http://sundanceorg.tumblr.com/post/158484594675/announcing-2017-sundance-institute-screenwriters-intensi

And congratulations to Valliere Richard Auzenne who is now a Fulbright Scholar!   She will spend the Fall Semester in Krasnoyarsk, Russia.

Watch  for the upcoming April issue of AC, featuring production coverage on Preacher<https://www.facebook.com/PreacherAMC/> (shot by Bill Pope, ASC and John Grillo), Chicago Justice<https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoJustice/> (Lisa Wiegand, ASC), History's SIX<https://www.facebook.com/SIXonHistory/> (David Klein, ASC and Armando Salas(MFA 02)) and Marvel's Iron Fist<https://www.facebook.com/MarvelsIronFist/> (Manuel Billeter).

From Kemari Ihlenfeldt (BFA 14)  “Yay! I've been featured in this article on Love Stories TV<https://www.facebook.com/LoveStoriesTV/>! I am so honored to be one of the female wedding filmmakers featured in their Women's History Month Series! Also, look out for Love Stories TV's Instagram Saturday  as Kemari Lyn Films<https://www.facebook.com/kemarilynfilms/> will be taking over their Instagram Stories account! Whoop whoop! I'll be talking a little about myself and I'll be giving an inside look at our workflow and editing process! You can check it out on their Facebook page and read more on the article here: http://lovestoriestv.us/…/meet-the-filmmaker-kemari-ihlenf…/<http://lovestoriestv.us/2017/03/24/meet-the-filmmaker-kemari-ihlenfeldt-of-kemari-lyn-films/>

From Mike Felker (BFA 10 )  “Check out my first big interview as an editor in the film industry! Billy Ray Brewton<https://www.facebook.com/billyraybrewton> hits me with some hard questions where I chose between Schoonmaker/Kahn and champion the most underrated film of the last decade: Speed Racer.  http://www.cinepunx.com/Writing/chewin-the-fat-with-editor-michael-felker/

From  EJ Holowiki (MFA 00)  “So I was notified of Richard's (Portman) passing on the way to the hospital to deliver our 2nd boy Teddy, born 1/30.  Richard is the reason I'm here at Skywalker, he was such a big part of my life, both as teacher and friend.  Jackie was always very sweet to me as well, I used to enjoy going over to their house and talk.  I felt his passing deeply.    On the work front I sound designed a film that did really well at Sundance called Icarus, which will be out sometime this year, Netflix bought it for 5 million, the most ever paid for a documentary.  Right now I'm working on Cars 3 which is a lot of fun, so between that and changing diapers I've been really busy.  Just coming up for air right now and want to reach out to Jackie.”

“I am an FSU alum and  have a local financial advisory firm and am looking for help in creating some short videos to promote our firm.  If you have an interest in doing some work please call me to  discuss our specific need, timing, pricing.  William M. Durham, CFP, WM Durham Associates LLC Ph:  850-385-3578.”

Third Rail Studios is Georgia’s newest purpose built film and television production studio, located less than 10 miles north of Midtown Atlanta and 4 miles north of Buckhead in the creative community known as the Yards District of Assembly, site of the historic former General Motors assembly plant. Third Rail Studios has the only purpose build sound stages adjacent to MARTA, making transportation faster and more efficient from Buckhead, Midtown, and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.  Third Rail Studios is designing a new Summer 2017 Film Internship for students interested in perusing careers in the industry. We would like to make our internships one of a kind and as beneficial as possible for the interns.  During the summer internship, the studio will be working with the New Line feature film RAMPAGE production, starring Dwayne Johnson, which will occupy the entire facility into mid-2017.  If you’d like complete information about the internship, contact me at mwarren at fsu.edu

The WR is coming to you this week from Atlanta GA where I’m staying with our son and family to be here for the Atlanta Film Festival this week.   My husband and I spent the last week with friends playing tourist in Washington DC, squandering our kids inheritance on fine food and wine!

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – March 23, 2017

Each Coming Day (MFA Thesis 2016 Jennifer Silver/Sara Corkern), Exposure (MFA Thesis 2016 Mary Jeanes), Chocolate Lava Cake (MFA D1 2016 Xiao Ma), For the Record (BFA F3 2016 Justin Burt), Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon), Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez), and Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) were selected for screening at the Boynton Beach Short Film Festival in Florida, April 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/366806640323030/.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Independent Film Festival, June 23-25. For more information about this festival, go to, http://miamindiefest.com<http://miamindiefest.com/>.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar), and Queens (MFA D1 2016 Lucas Omar) selected for screening at the Black Warrior Film Festival, Tuscaloosa, AL, March 24-25. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.blackwarriorfilmfest.com/aboutus/.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Emerge Film Festival of Maine, Auburn, ME, April 27-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://emergefilmfestival.org<http://emergefilmfestival.org/>.

Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the Twister Alley Film Festival, Woodward, OK, April 27-29. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.twisteralleyfilmfestival.com/.

Sisters in Neverland (BFA Documentary 2016 Nicole Pacheco) was selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival in Palm Springs, California, March 29 – April 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.americandocumentaryfilmfestival.com/.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon) was selected for screening at the NYC Short Comedy Film Festival, May 21. For more information about this festival, go to, https://cierimedia.com/live-shows/the-2nd-annual-nyc-short-comedy-film-festival-session-1.

Yo Miro Para Adelante (BFA Documentary 2016 Iliana Ipes) was selected for screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival, Saint Petersburg, FL, April 27-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://sunscreenfilmfestival.com<http://sunscreenfilmfestival.com/>.

The Goat on the Roof (BFA Documentary 2016 Erin Smyth) was invited to screen at the Cyberia Film Festival, an online film festival, May 4-7. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.cyberiavr.com/

Mystery Jones! Back in Business (BFA Thesis 2015 Paul Ramsdell) was selected for screening in the spring as part of the Iron Mule Short Comedy Screening Series in New York City. For more information about this series, go to http://www.ironmulenyc.com<http://www.ironmulenyc.com/>.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the Charlotte Black Film Festival, March 3 – April 2. For more information about this festival, go to http://charlotteblackfilmfestival.com.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity), Tilted (BFA F3 2016 Zach Hoskin), The Goat on the Roof (BFA Documentary 2016 Erin Smyth), Yo Miro Para Adelante (BFA Documentary 2016 Iliana Ipes), and Us Thereafter (BFA Documentary 2016 Terry Beck) were all selected for screening at the Black Warrior Film Festival, Tuscaloosa, AL, March 24-25. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.blackwarriorfilmfest.com/aboutus/.

The Extra Mile (BFA Documentary 2015 Courtney Ross) was selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival in Palm Springs, California, March 29 – April 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.americandocumentaryfilmfestival.com/.

Flora (MFA Thesis 2016 Drina Andre) was selected for screening in Wicked Queer: The Boston LGBT Film Festival, March 30 – April 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.wickedqueer.org/.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Sarasota Film Festival, March 31 – April 9. For more information about this festival, go to www.sarasotafilmfest.com<http://www.sarasotafilmfest.com/>.

Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman) was selected for screening at the Clean Shorts Film Festival in Choctaw, OK, March 31 – April 1. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.cleanshorts.org<http://www.cleanshorts.org/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2016 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening and has been nominated for Best Medium Short and Best Varsity Short at the Clean Shorts Film Festival in Choctaw, OK, March 31 – April 1. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.cleanshorts.org<http://www.cleanshorts.org/>.

In Motion (BFA F1 2016 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening in the Azalea Film Festival in Mobile, AL, April 1-2. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.azaleafilmfestival.com/index.html.

Flora (MFA Thesis 2016 Alexandrina Andre) and Iris (MFA D2 2016 Nikki Lee) were selected for screening at the Through Women’s Eyes Film Festival in Sarasota, Florida, April 1-2. The festival runs as part of the Sarasota Film Festival. For more information on this festival, go to throughwomenseyes.com.

Once Upon a Blood Moon (MFA D1 2015 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Wasaga Film Festival in Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada, April 1-29. For more information about this festival, go to https://wasagafilmfest.com/.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was invited to screen at the GardenCity Film Festival in Bangalore, India on April 2. For more information about this festival, go to http://gardencityff.blogspot.in/.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) won the November competition and is a semi-finalist for Mindie, the Miami Independent Film Festival, April 3-5. For more information about this festival, go to miamindiefest.com.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar), Concessions (MFA D2 2016 Sam Bartz), Spin Cycle (MFA D2 2106 Janeen Talbot), Veiled (MFA D2 2106 Rika Darmesh Bhakta), War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson), Snapped (MFA D2 2106 Zarmala Gilani) and Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) are official selections of Mindie, the Miami Independent Film Festival, April 3-5. For more information about this festival, go to miamindiefest.com.

Exposure (MFA Thesis 2016 Mary Jeanes), Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain), and Heavy Weight (MFA Thesis 2016 Jennifer Silver/Alex White) were selected for screening at the Chattanooga Film Fest, April 6-9, 2017. For more information about this festival, go to https://chattfilmfest.org<https://chattfilmfest.org/>.

Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo Huahua) was selected for screening at the Phoenix Film Festival, April 6-13. For more information about this festival, go to phoenixfilmfestival.org.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales) was nominated for Lead Actress Under 18- Isabella Iannuzzi, Lead Actress Short - Isabella Iannuzzi, Best Short Film, Best Editing - Trigg Ferrano, Best Cinematography - Jeremy Donaldson, and Best Director - Whitney Clinkscales at the Utah Film Awards in Orem, UT April 7-8, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.theutahfilmawards.com.

Iris (MFA D2 2016 Nikki Lee) was selected for screening at Silver Screen for Short Films, St. Petersburg, FL, April 12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at Roma Cinema DOC in Rome, Italy, April 9-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://roma.cinemadoc.it/category/edition.

Voice From the Page (MFA Thesis 2016 Andrea Branch) was selected for screening at the 10th International WAMMFest in Towson, Maryland, April 19-22, 2017. For more information about this festival, go to, http://wammtu.com<http://wammtu.com/>.

Spin Cycle (MFA D2 2016 Neen Talbot) was selected for screening at the (In)Justice for All Film Festival in Chicago, Illinois, April 20-29, 2017. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.injusticeforallff.com<http://www.injusticeforallff.com/>.

Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo HuaHua) was selected fro screening at the 59th Rochester International Film Festival in Rochester, NY, April 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.rochesterfilmfest.org/.

Concessions (MFA D2 2016 Sam Bartz) will be awarded a Certificate of Merit for Powerful Depiction of Emotions at the Rochester International Film Festival, April 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.rochesterfilmfest.org<http://www.rochesterfilmfest.org/>.

Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo Huahua), Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) and In Motion (BFA F1 2016 Raymond Knudsen) were selected for screening at the Boynton Beach Short Film Festival in Florida, April 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/366806640323030/.

Sure-Fire (MFA Thesis 2016 Allison Izzo), Karman (BFA Thesis 2016 Austin Baur), Exposure (MFA Thesis 2016 Mary Jeanes), and Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) were selected for screening at the Artemis Women in Action Film Festival in Santa Monica, California, April 21-23, 2017. For more information about this festival, go to, www.artemisfilmfestival.com<http://www.artemisfilmfestival.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at ARFF International // Berlin - Amsterdam - Paris – Barcelona, April 21-23. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.aroundfilms.com.

For Will (BFA Documentary 2016 Grayson Goga/Grace Stalley), The Goat on the Roof (BFA Documentary 2016 Erin Smyth), Bad Town (BFA Thesis 2016 Daniel Smith/Victor Ingles), Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) and Flora (MFA Thesis 2016 Drina Andre) were chosen as Best of Brouhaha at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 19-20. They will be screening in the Best of Brouhaha sidebar at the Florida Film Festival in Orlando, April 21-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.floridafilmfestival.com.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the 2017 Indie Horror Film Festival in Peoria, Illinois, April 21-23. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.indiehorrorfest.com/.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the Beverly Hills Film Festival, April 26-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) and The Voice from the Page (MFA Thesis 2016 Andrea Branch) were selected for screening at the San Diego Black Film Festival, April 26-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.sdbff.com.

Wish Star (MFA D2 2015 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the Roswell Film Festival in Roswell, New Mexico, April 26-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.roswellfilmfestival.com.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) and Still Life (BFA F1 2015 Gabriel Valbuena) were selected for screening at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth (NFFTY) in Seattle, April 27-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.nffty.org.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the London Independent Film Awards, April 29. For more information about this festival, go to, http://lifawards.com<http://lifawards.com/>.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the NYC Independent Film Festival, May 2-7. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.nycindieff.com<https://www.nycindieff.com/>.

Flora (MFA Thesis 2016 Drina Andre) was selected for screening in the Los Angeles Live Score Film Festival, May 12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.helixcollective.net/LALSFF.html.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening in the Crimson Screen Horror Film Fest in Charleston, SC, May 19-21. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.crimsonscreenfilmfest.org<http://www.crimsonscreenfilmfest.org/>.

Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) was selected for screening at the GI Film Festival in Washington DC, May 24-28. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.gifilmfestival.com/.

Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) was selected for screening at the New York Sun Fest (NYSF), June 16-18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://nysunfest.weebly.com<http://nysunfest.weebly.com/>.

Still Life (BFA F1 2015 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for competition in the Prince of Prestige Academy Awards in Winter Park, Florida on July 30. For more information about this festival, go to http://popfilmaward.com/.

Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang) was invited to screen in the 22° Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (…y no tan Niños) in La Matatena, Mexico, August 8-13. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.lamatatena.org/el-festival-de-cine.html.

Flying High (BFA FD3 2015 Christian Klein) was selected for screening at the IndieWise Virtual Film Festival, August 25-27. For more information about this festival, go to http://convention.getindiewise.com.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards, August 26. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.laiffawards.com<http://www.laiffawards.com/>.

In Motion (BFA F1 2016 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening in the Central Florida Film Festival, Orlando, FL, September 1-3. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com/>.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Travel FilmFest International Film Festival in Limassol, Cyprus, October 19-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://travelfilmfest.com/

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.