[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 6.26.17

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Mon Jun 26 11:24:11 EDT 2017

From Erika Bagnarella (MFA  06)  “I wanted to share my production company's new website to promote Costa Rica as a filming location. http://filmlocationcostarica.com/ We recently provided production services for the official campaign of the Costa RicanTourism Board, produced by CNN Create. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g7-4gf76s4

“Hi everyone!!!! I, Melisse Sporn (BFA 2014) just got into local 600 as a 1st AC in Los Angeles! If you're looking for a union or non-union camera assistant in any capacity (I also love 2nding and Oping) I'm your lady.”

From Zach Sieffert (MFA 02)  “Just wrapped season 2 on Preacher for Sony/AMC as the B-camera 1st AC/Operator. I've been so used to feature length projects that this tv series has been a real endurance test, but it was a blast that actually shows off New Orleans as New Orleans. Season 2 premiers June 25th on AMC.”

From Billy Hanson (BFA 05)  “Got some great news to share! Last weekend, our pilot episode of NO PLACE TO FALL picked up the Audience Award at the 20th Dances With Films Festival. This project was made by lots of FSU alums, including our DP Michael Lockridge  (BFA 05) , our Associate Producer Michelle Cantor (BFA 06), and we also had Erin Cancino (BFA 06) , Nick Zayas (BFA 06) , Kale Bittner  (BFA 06) and Melissa Rossi (BFA 04) helping out.  Also last weekend, the short film I produced, EARWORM, won the Innovation Award at the Portland Horror Film Festival. So it's been a thrilling week!

From Joel Black (MFA 14)  “Last week, I had the opportunity to get back into the director's chair for a short film teaser / proof of concept in Princeton, NJ. The proof of concept is based on a feature script I've written about a quiet, slice-of-life story that explores life inside a polygamist cult. A number of amazing FSU alumns came out to help put this little shindig together. Rob Thomason (MFA 14) was the Director of Photography and personally flew out from LA for the project. New York based Alums include Kariim Charlier (MFA 15) Best Boy Electric and Ivo Huahua (MFA 16) Script Supervisor. The project is now going into post-production with Stephanie Williams (MFA 14) as the editor.”

From Brian Barrow (BFA 09)  “Just wanted to share that I've had the pleasure to work as an editor on a show called BETCH, produced by AwesomenessTV, over the past several months.  It's a female-centric sketch comedy series on Hulu and Go90 that has featured the acting talents of several other FSU alumni, including Brennan Murray and Lucas Gerken.  I'm proud to also say that we're currently up for an Emmy nomination in the category of outstanding short form variety series!  Here's a link to the FYC trailer I cut:
https://vimeo.com/221633536

From Jonas Schubach (MFA 1)  ““Heavens”, my MA thesis film (University of Memphis), was selected by Mid Tennessee Film Fest and will be screened June 30, 2017.”

The Digital Worlds Institute is seeking an early career writer with dramatic and/or screenplay expertise  that can turn some fairly dry scientific concepts into pithy dialogue to engage millennial audiences. Our 6-minute movie will feature an onscreen animated "tour guide"  that will present interesting facts about Biodiversity- the totality of genes, species, and ecosystems on our planet  - and how it impacts our daily lives.  The goal is to captivate and inspire audiences with a memorable character whose every word takes (and keeps) us focused on an incredible journey across the tree of relationships among all life on Earth.We are going into production very soon. Interested parties should email: james at digitalworlds.ufl.edu<mailto:james at digitalworlds.ufl.edu>  and provide a bio / resume / statement of interest.

We have had a marvelous time with friends visiting Vancouver and Victoria BC, then driving to the tip of Vancouver Island to salmon, halibut and snapper fish.  Up at 4:15, back at 5:30, shower, drink, eat and then do it all over again.   We are driving back to Tallahassee in our Tahoe filled with 100 lbs. of fish on dry ice.   A major road trip, nearly 8000 miles, enjoying this beautiful country we live in.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – June 22, 2017

Sure-Fire (MFA Thesis 2016 Allison Izzo) was selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, CA, July 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.comic-con.org/cci/film-festival.

Heavy Weight (MFA Thesis 2016 Jennifer Silver/Alex White) was selected for screening at the SoCal Clips Indie Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, August 11-13. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.socalciff.com<https://www.socalciff.com/>.

TylerCam  (BFA F1 2016 Jacqueline Xerri) was selected for screening at Dragon Con Independent Short Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, September 1-4. For more information about this festival, go to, www.filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://www.filmfest.dragoncon.org/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu), Flora (MFA Thesis 2016 Drina Andre) and Rad Rovers (BFA Thesis 2016 Turner Sinopoli) were selected for screening at the San Francisco Frozen Film Festival, July 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to www.frozenfilmfestival.com.

Iris (MFA D2 2016 Nikki Lee), Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) and Devil’s Luck (MFA D2 2016 Rob Eaton) were selected for screening at the Rendezvous Film Festival on Amelia Island, September 21-23. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.rendezvousfestival.org/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) won an award at the European Cinematography Awards, a monthly awards program in Poland. For more information about this competition, go to http://e-ca.eu<http://e-ca.eu/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival in Miami, August 11-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.popcornfrights.com<http://www.popcornfrights.com/>.

The Bellerose Resort (BFA Thesis 2017 Grace Marrero) was selected for a monthly screening of Los Angeles CineFest. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.lacinefest.org<http://www.lacinefest.org/>.

Love is Blind (MFA D1 2016 Jonas Schubach), A Little Drama (MFA D1 Brandon Shenk), Marianne (MFA D2 2016 Yu Ying Chien), and Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for the monthly edition of the Miami Independent Film Festival. For more information about this festival, go to, http://miamindiefest.com<http://miamindiefest.com/>.

The Wall (D3 2007 Michael Lloyd Green) was invited to screen in a Best Of screening at the San Diego Jewish Film Festival in June. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sdcjc.org/sdjff/current/.

Concessions (MFA D2 2016 Sam Bartz) was selected for screening at the Cape Fear Independent Film Festival in Wilmington, NC, June 15-17. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.cfifn.org/.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) and Super Chef (MFA Thesis 2015 Rochelle Rose)  were selected for screening at the San Francisco Black Film Festival, June 15-18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sfbff.org/wordpress/.

Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) was selected for screening at the New York Sun Fest (NYSF), June 16-18. For more information about this festival, go to, http://nysunfest.weebly.com<http://nysunfest.weebly.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Hollywood Dead Horror Film Festival, June 17. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.facebook.com/events/1702564019760496/.

In Motion (BFA F1 2016 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Roxbury International Film Festival in Boston, June 21 – July 1. For more information about this festival, go to http://roxburyinternationalfilmfestival.org<http://roxburyinternationalfilmfestival.org/>.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar) and Snapped (MFA D2 2016 Zarmala Gilani) were selected for screening at the Terminus Conference and Festival in Atlanta, GA, June 22-25. For more information about this festival, go to, https://terminusevent.com<https://terminusevent.com/>.

Hedge Hero (BFA Thesis 2016 Lauren Hammond) was invited to screen at the Terminus Conference and Festival in Atlanta, GA, June 22-25. For more information about this festival, go to, https://terminusevent.com<https://terminusevent.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Independent Film Festival, June 23-25. For more information about this festival, go to, http://miamindiefest.com<http://miamindiefest.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Hollywood International CineFest, June 24-25. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.hicinefest.com<http://www.hicinefest.com/>.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Shortsfest, July 7-8. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlantashortsfest.com<http://www.atlantashortsfest.com/>.

Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) was selected for screening at the Whatashort Independent International Film Festival in New Delhi, India, July 8-9. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.whatashort.com/.

TylerCam (BFA F1 2016 Jacqueline Xerri) was selected for screening at the Long Island International Film Expo, July 13-20. For more information about this film festival, go to, http://longislandfilm.com<http://longislandfilm.com/>.

Wildfire (BFA Thesis 2016 Collin Lockett) was selected for screening at the Super Geek Film Festival in Fort Lauderdale, FL, July 14-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://floridasupercon.com/category/events/geek-film-festival/.

Wildfire (BFA Thesis 2016 Collin Lockett), Radial (BFA F3 2016 Mary Kate Broadway), Beta Test (BFA F3 2016 Gabe Souza), Rad Rovers (BFA Thesis 2016 Turner Sinopoli), Karman (BFA Thesis 2016 Austin Baur), Mystery Jones! Back in Business (BFA Thesis 2015 Paul Ramsdell), and Iris (MFA D2 2016 Nikki Lee) were all selected for screening at The Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, CA, July 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.comic-con.org/cci/film-festival.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) was selected for screening at the Macon Film Festival in Macon, GA, July 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.maconfilmfestival.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Stony Brook Film Festival in Stony Brook, NY, July 20-29. For more information about this festival, go to, http://stonybrookfilmfestival.com<http://stonybrookfilmfestival.com/>.

Still Life (BFA F1 2015 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for competition in the Prince of Prestige Academy Awards in Winter Park, Florida on July 30. For more information about this festival, go to http://popfilmaward.com/.

Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang) was invited to screen in the 22° Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (…y no tan Niños) in La Matatena, Mexico, August 8-13. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.lamatatena.org/el-festival-de-cine.html.

Flora (MFA Thesis 2016 Drina Andre) and A Little Drama (MFA D1 Brandon Shenk) were selected for screening at the North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Film Festival in Durham, NC, August 10-13. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.carolinatheatre.org/films/festivals/ncglff.

Beta Test (BFA F3 2016 Gabe Souza), Wildfire (BFA Thesis 2016 Collin Lockett), Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu), Karman (BFA Thesis 2016 Austin Baur), TylerCam (BFA F1 2016 Jacqueline Xerri), Calvin Young’s Finest Hour (MFA D2 2016 Nathan Westenhaver), The Brothers Chaps (BFA Documentary 2016 Austin Tyler/Lauren Chiota), Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger) were selected for screening at the Gen Con Indy Film Festival in Indianapolis, August 17-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.gencon.com<http://www.gencon.com/>.

Flying High (BFA FD3 2015 Christian Klein) was selected for screening at the IndieWise Virtual Film Festival, August 25-27. For more information about this festival, go to http://convention.getindiewise.com<http://convention.getindiewise.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards, August 26. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.laiffawards.com<http://www.laiffawards.com/>.

Radial (BFA F3 2016 Mary Kate Broadway), Chocolate Lava Cake (MFA D1 2016 Xiao Ma), In Motion (BFA F1 2016 Raymond Knudsen), Dad in a Box (MFA D2 2016 Bethany Miller), TylerCam (BFA F1 2016 Jacqueline Xerri), Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson), Spooky Breakup (MFA D1 2016 Jonpaul Rodriguez), Love and the Dozens (MFA D1 2016 Cole Goslee), Battle of the Brides (MFA Thesis 2016 Phillip Thomas), and Love is Blind (MFA D1 2016 Jonas Schubach) were selected for screening in the Central Florida Film Festival, Orlando, FL, September 1-3. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) is an official selection of the European Independent Film Award, an online competition to be held September 30. For more information about this competition, go to www.theeifa.com.

Georgia to Maine (BFA Documentary 2016 Reid Lauff/Parker McBain) was selected for screening at the Travel FilmFest International Film Festival in Limassol, Cyprus, October 19-22. For more information about this festival, go to http://travelfilmfest.com/

Sanctuary (BFA Documentary 2015 Grace Marrero) was selected for screening at the Wildlife Conservation Film Festival in New York City, October 19-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.wcff.org<http://www.wcff.org/>.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.