[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] “Protecting Our Diversity” Workgroup

Syder, Andrew asyder at admin.fsu.edu
Wed Jun 7 08:16:13 EDT 2017

Dear students, faculty, and staff,

At the end of last semester, David Wiley and I met with a group of students to talk about ways of protecting diversity in our school. The discussion ranged from how to better protect students when they go out to work at a location to how to improve the way the school curriculum engages with issues of race, gender, and sexuality.

I’m hoping that we can keep this “Protecting Our Diversity” workgroup going, to allow a regular forum for students, faculty, and staff to come together to tackle challenges and celebrate successes.

To that end, I’m adding a Protecting Our Diversity session to next week’s schedule: next Wednesday, 1:00-2:00PM. Everyone is invited. The goal of the session will be to establish some goals and next steps for the workgroup.

Hope to see you there!

Andrew