[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM LINDA IN THE FILM SCHOOL DEAN'S OFFICE

Linda Hensley lhensley at film.fsu.edu
Wed Dec 6 15:24:19 EST 2017

Attention All Students,

This is Linda from the Film School Dean’s Office with an important message.

As you have heard, Emily Burgess is leaving the Film School for a new position in the College of Medicine.  Her last day with us is Thursday, December 14th.

We want all of you to have a chance to give your regards to Emily and make it fun for all.

Right now, in the student conference room on the first floor, Room A1104, behind a closed door, is a completed jigsaw puzzle of MARVEL Super Heroes (Emily’s favorite) and a few markers.  We’ve turned the puzzle over so that all of you can sign your well wishes on the back.  It’s not real big, but there is room for everyone to sign their name with a few brief words.   We want the entire back of the puzzle to be full.

Once everyone has signed, we will ask that each of you bring two or three pieces of the puzzle directly to Emily for her to collect during her last week.  There are 500 pieces, so plenty for each of you to grab a couple or more and deliver personally with your well wishes.  Once she has all of the pieces, she can have fun putting it together and not only see all of her favorite MARVEL characters, but all of your comments as well.

BUT WAIT TO BRING PIECES UNTIL YOU HEAR BACK FROM ME.  LET’S LEAVE IT INTACT UNTIL ALL HAVE FINISHED SIGNING.

I tested it out by writing a little message on the back and it is a little awkward.  Be sure you don’t press too hard and smooth the area down with your hand before you begin writing

We will leave it in the conference room through Monday and I’m hoping you can begin delivering the pieces to her by Tuesday.

Of course this is a surprise, so please don’t mention it around Emily.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Best,

linda

Linda Hensley