[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 12.1.17

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Dec 1 11:45:07 EST 2017

Lots of good news about Sundance!

From Tatiana Bears (BFA 13)  “Very honored to have been a part of two films in Sundance this year!! Congrats to the cast and crew of Night Comes On (Titiana was Line Producer) & The Miseducation of Cameron Post (Tiaiana was Production Coordinator)”

From Morgan Hanner (BFA 03)  “So excited!!! The film I’m Co-Editing, Studio 54, has been accepted into Sundance!!!  Honored to be part of this incredible team with Andrea Lewis<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006020059114&fref=mentions>, Matt Tyrnauer<https://www.facebook.com/matt.tyrnauer?fref=mentions>, Corey Reeser<https://www.facebook.com/corey.reeser?fref=mentions>, Jason Hardwick<https://www.facebook.com/jasonhardwickshow?fref=mentions>, Troy Benjamin<https://www.facebook.com/troybenjamin?fref=mentions>, Graham High<https://www.facebook.com/grahamihigh?fref=mentions>, Allie Schnapp and the Altimeter Films<https://www.facebook.com/altimeterfilms/?fref=mentions> crew!

Allison Carter (BFA 04)  co-produced Madeline Madeline which will also premiere at Sundance.

From Gina Papabeis (BFA 08)  “I've been working as Co-Producer on this film with an amazing team of people. Sundance, here we come! THE GAME CHANGERS, directed by Louie Psihoyos<https://www.facebook.com/louie.psihoyos?fref=mentions> and Executive Produced by James Cameron<https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Cameron/111790215503738?fref=mentions>, will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival<https://www.facebook.com/sundance/?fref=mentions> in January!”

From Jamie Rice (BFA  15)  “worked on “Hearts Beat Loud” this summer, and it got into Sundance!!! I love this cast and crew so much esp our lil production fam Amy Jarvela<https://www.facebook.com/amy.jarvela.9?fref=mentions>, Byron Leon<https://www.facebook.com/byron.leon?fref=mentions>, Ryan Brown<https://www.facebook.com/thisisryanspage?fref=mentions>, Will O'Donnell<https://www.facebook.com/will.odonnell1?fref=mentions>, Steven Ricardo Rodriguez<https://www.facebook.com/steven.r.rodriguez.75?fref=mentions>, Antonina Vargas<https://www.facebook.com/nina.vargas.986?fref=mentions>.  I like to think we got in based its impeccable coordination of vehicle and equipment rentals with a splash of Dropbox organization, but I guess the movie turned out pretty great too! (Jamie was Production Office Coordinator”

SO PROUD of Directing faculty member Antonio Méndez Esparza for his John Cassavetes nomination for 'Life and Nothing More' through Aquí y Allí Films<https://www.facebook.com/AquiYAlliFilms/?fref=mentions>! in the Independent Spirit Awards.  The film received a total of 8 nominations.  Congratulations all around!  Read the Hollywood Reporter article at https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/independent-spirit-award-nominations-full-list-2017-1057823/item/john-cassavetes-award-1057847.

Iron & Wine, nominated for a Grammy for Best Americana Album!  Iron & Wine<http://ironandwine.com/> is the artistic name of singer-songwriter Sam Beam (MFA 99)!

Jim Lakin (BFA 01) will be in Tallahassee next week for the opening of 'Dust 2 Glory' from director Dana Brown (Step Into Liquid, On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter, The Endless Summer Revisited). Jim and other Lakin Sound mixers (John Lakin and Bryn Hubbard (MFA 13)) were production sound mixers on Dust 2 Glory for more than a year making several trips to Mexico to document the worlds most famous off-road race, the Baja 1000 as well as several races leading up to the 1000. 'Dust 2 Glory' showcases both the adrenaline of off-road racing and the individual stories behind those who take on the challenge that is Baja. 'Dust 2 Glory' opens at AMC Tallahassee Mall 20 for a one-time show at 7:30pm on Wednesday, December 6th.  You can see the trailer here:  The OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER for Dana Brown's DUST 2 GLORY!

From Ryan Cook (BFA 12)  “I was hoping to shamelessly put the word out about a new book of mine that's just become available on Amazon.  I wrote "Pillbilly" during the week Irma was bearing down on Florida. I didn't have the option of leaving the state, and everything had a creepy, apocalyptic vibe. Florida already has a weird vibe, but the heightened atmosphere created by the charging storm is part of what I was trying to capture with "Pillbilly." I'm a lunatic who thinks comics are an art-form on the level of Film, Poetry, etc.  https://www.amazon.com/Pillbilly-Ryan-Cook/dp/0692987681/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511544323&sr=8-4&keywords=pillbilly<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amazon.com_Pillbilly-2DRyan-2DCook_dp_0692987681_ref-3Dsr-5F1-5F4-3Fie-3DUTF8-26qid-3D1511544323-26sr-3D8-2D4-26keywords-3Dpillbilly&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=u5x0SV9vmwOZw1fa1RvQIKlaI7GrAUP8XqOEVdukVfg&s=IyYaWBFina-Y1w7FASaU7zVHVH-fllWO0b_XFw9zaq8&e=>  The book is pretty underground, so any love I can get, I appreciate. WARNING: the book is a hard R.”

From Zana Bochar (BFA 07)  “Okay everybody! Listen up! A super great show comes out on Amazon Prime on Wednesday called The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. And I know it's awesome cause I worked on it. I got to work with some of my new favorite people, on a show run by people I admire. I was an assistant editor for the season, as well as associate editor on episode 107. It's smart, funny, and has kick ass women. And 1958 NYC. What more could you ask for?!”

From Eric Jaffe (BFA  13)  “I've had an exciting few months. I've recently accepted a full-time position at NBCUniversal as a Digital Content Writer. Since starting in September, I've had the privilege to write and moderate the conversation on the This Is Us Aftershow (available on Hulu, YouTube<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DWRtKFWUHdHQ&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=89VYjfyzgrv8Z-dPYaDo7Hhzbka0MmLmkuWhfqBFnks&s=IzfF7c5Fehrm4XSfdxHGwn6gD1Bv5Uy9B7AuJRYPaqU&e=> and on the NBC app), pitch original content, and learn from some of the best and brightest in digital creative. Additionally, my Talking to Myself web pilot (produced by New Form & Fine Bros Entertainment) is hitting TBS Digital on December 13th. We have two episodes locked and ready for release. Briana Frapart (BFA 11) handled casting for both episodes and did an absolutely incredible job. If anyone has casting needs, I couldn't say enough positive things. Working with the teams at New Form and FBE was a dream come true and I can't wait for everyone to see what we made. I'll be sure to send out a link to the first episode when it becomes available. Outside of digital, I'm also working as Creative Producer on an upcoming documentary feature called Record Safari, but this paragraph is already long enough, so you can just read about that at www.recordsafarithemovie.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.recordsafarithemovie.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=89VYjfyzgrv8Z-dPYaDo7Hhzbka0MmLmkuWhfqBFnks&s=ChO_ErF5WxDltxmUi_B1kOB3tsf0uaRHnuMeGCUFbW0&e=>. Digital content is a really exciting (and stable!) form of filmmaking that's growing at an incredible rate. If anyone has questions about the field, feel free to reach out!”

From Noah Camenker (MFA  14)  “Hi! Just finished up another short film. Please check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPzYgrE6etI&t=1s<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DGPzYgrE6etI-26t-3D1s&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=itwdthRTMP_nT6RSsuAWpp5_X4Ub8WHLxboAXe-wQZ4&s=X1twxvX36Lf1DQ1zJ3ZqOaj0Zzfy1qXmQui9tB8npV0&e=>  I'm not sure how people get thousands of views on their videos, but if you're feeling generous, feel free to post it on Twitter, Facebook, or whatever else people use nowadays :) Thanks!  Also, it's been about a year and a half since I accepted the position of Senior Video Producer at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. It's been an awesome journey so far, and I've learned a ton! I'd love to meet up with any alums that live in the Orlando area and talk filmmaking. You can reach me at noahcamenker at gmail.com<mailto:noahcamenker at gmail.com>. Happy holidays!

From Kelly Bumford (BFA 09)  “2017 had me very busy! At the end of 2016, I became staff Line Producer at Popsugar Studios. I produced 300+ branded and digital content pieces, including managing the budgets for those and the studio overall. All the while, I was working with Nikki Groton (BFA 11), Crystal Collins and Simone Lapidus (both BFA 10) on Nikki’s feature “Darkness In Tenement 45”. I left Popsugar in early August to work full time on Nikki’s film, and it was such an incredible experience! Since then I produced a 2-hour Real Housewives of Dallas Reunion Special for Bravo in NYC. I also produced a short film (we actually shot on 35mm!) and I got to hire amazing some FSU alum! Holly Pearson (BFA 12) as 1AD, Idan Menin (BFA 11) as DP, Jacob Abrams (BFA 11) as Gaffer. All in the same month, I started Line Producing a new sketch comedy show for 20th Century Fox. We shot the pilot which had field pieces and in studio with a live audience. It’s been very busy, but now just finishing out the year in post - hoping the new show gets picked up!”

From Ben Mekler (BFA 10)  “Chris Amick (BFA 10)   and I started up as staff writers on a Dreamworks Animation series this month. We can’t say much more about it, but we’re really excited. It’ll be on Netflix in 2019.”

Congratulations to Annushka Almendros (MFA Writing 16)  who started as a production assistant with South Park Studios!

Congratulations to Lisa Tripp (Film School Faculty) who submitted a proposal to the FSU Diversity Council and received on of ten $1,000 grants for “The Diversity in Motion Pictures Film Screening and Speaker Series will feature filmmakers from underrepresented backgrounds — women, minorities and members of LGBTQ constituencies — screening their work and talking about how they have developed their creative voices and career opportunities in an industry still dominated by straight, white men. The series will launch in the spring of 2018.”

From Gabe Souza (BFA ADA 17)  “During my time with MPC in Vancouver I had the opportunity to work on 'Justice League' as a DN compositor and 'A Wrinkle In Time' doing prep work. Now I've moved down to Atlanta to work for Crafty Apes with the opportunity to do both CG and Comp work! “

From Josh Smooha (BFA  12)  “I was a semi finalist for the ABC writing program and a finalist for the NYTVF writing festival. Onward and upward to the next script!”

From Michael Head (MFA Writing 2017)  “my screenplay “Egalité” is now a TOP TEN FINALIST in the Final Draft Big Break competition!”

From Justin Burt (BFA ADA 17)  “I’m still at WB working as the visual effects coordinator on season three of Legends of Tomorrow and it’s been great so far! The show has been getting fantastic ratings and reviews, which has been a great confidence boost for all of us as we push through this crazy four-show crossover event. The hours are pretty insane considering the volume of visual effects we have to deliver for each episode, but Burbank is an awesome city to live and work in and I feel so lucky to have landed a job working on such a fun show. Getting to work directly alongside the executives, writers and directors is super cool, and I’ve even gotten to work as a VFX artist on several final shots in addition to coordinating! Our final episode of the year before winter hiatus airs Tuesday 12/5 at 9pm (on the CW). Once we go on break for the holidays, I plan to fly home to Tallahassee to spend time with family and friends before heading back to pick up working on the second half of the season in January. So incredibly thankful to Jonathan Stone and the rest of the amazing faculty for helping me land on my feet out here!”

From Eric Leong (MFA 06)  “For the last 5 years, I've been working for SEE Global Entertainment, a production company that creates immersive and interactive exhibits that tour the US and Internationally. My latest projects include Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel (www.chapelsistine.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.chapelsistine.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=tF3ViMuzLJyAFlF0nokVis10u2X6PBbqNVKJLSLNpDg&s=Iv2CNoiyVu2VLXT6BLam3HuUocMzSt5th3pnnX_v8LE&e=>), a life-size recreation of the iconic Renaissance ceiling art that has enjoyed successful runs in New York, Montreal, Shanghai, and Vienna. We recently partnered with Westfield  to bring the exhibit to their flagship shopping centers across the US, and the exhibit is currently on display in LA at the Topanga Village Westfield (www.westfield.com/upclose<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.westfield.com_upclose&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=tF3ViMuzLJyAFlF0nokVis10u2X6PBbqNVKJLSLNpDg&s=rbG4yas8vlBhQhBcMHvzyQcEot1P8Zdk5KsZyrq-HUg&e=>). Our other latest venture is bringing the hit Swedish exhibit The Museum of Failure to the US. We are opening in LA this Saturday at the A+D Architecture & Design Museum (www.failuremuseum.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.failuremuseum.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=tF3ViMuzLJyAFlF0nokVis10u2X6PBbqNVKJLSLNpDg&s=2LpQ9_ELVIXh_SosMBK9Dc6NPlTZkkcyhEBu0JdbjxI&e=>) in the Arts District. The exhibit displays over 100 high profile flops from larger corporations as it explores why certain products/ideas failed and what we can learn from failure. Maybe I'll sneak in my Thesis film pitch into the show when no one's looking.”

From Jonas Schubach (MFA 2)  “my short, “Dirty Money” (made at the University of Memphis) was selected by the Southern States Indie FanFilmFest, and has been nominated for “Best Comedy” and “Best Lead Actor in a Comedy”. Also, “Dirty Money” has been nominated for TBUFF Awards for “Best Student Short Film” and “Best Editing”.”

From Nina Juliano (MFA 06)  “I am making a short film in my hometown, Wilmington, Delaware this fall! I am writing because I need YOUR HELP<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__luckyluciaproductions.us10.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3De61bc2438651bfa4a8857b1aa-26id-3D293c95d1e2-26e-3D906295e980&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=bcI4t-mL1GwxATd5A_b63YI2IHuLi2wK883unSU5JWs&s=K9yOlmDq0Zw68hMkcmRI2U3BVm-AV7qw2wteacqD3k0&e=> to make this film happen. Check out our Indiegogo Campaign here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__luckyluciaproductions.us10.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3De61bc2438651bfa4a8857b1aa-26id-3D367ed29e6f-26e-3D906295e980&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=bcI4t-mL1GwxATd5A_b63YI2IHuLi2wK883unSU5JWs&s=m13s2ebizu-iTikIbbMBJE_aMfe4OIMTiC_Mwf5rLsY&e=>!
Here's the rundown:  Little Sicily is a coming of age story set in Little Italy Delaware in the 1950s, about a girl having to choose between her family and her freedom. She rebels and gets into deep trouble, so that she is forced to make a decision before it's too late. The short film is about that moment when she has to decide if she can try to stay with the family, with the oppressive beliefs - even if her actions bring shame to them, or if she needs to go away to make her own life. It's a bittersweet decision... because despite her family being so oppressive, she loves them very much and is deeply attached. I think anyone who has ever gotten into deep trouble as a teen, anyone who has ever left home,  can relate to this film. At this time in history, Italian families tended to be very tight knit, and sometimes that closeness could get off balance with everyone getting into each others' business.  I think there are a lot of other cultures like that as well, so it's a very universal, relatable theme.This thanksgiving, consider supporting a film by and about women by contributing<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__luckyluciaproductions.us10.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3De61bc2438651bfa4a8857b1aa-26id-3Da17aeab604-26e-3D906295e980&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=bcI4t-mL1GwxATd5A_b63YI2IHuLi2wK883unSU5JWs&s=adqDPTTYyvCEhacuj0ADTTzpcpGT2BCpb6qCxHSjWN0&e=> to or sharing <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__luckyluciaproductions.us10.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3De61bc2438651bfa4a8857b1aa-26id-3D39e1d5fe90-26e-3D906295e980&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=bcI4t-mL1GwxATd5A_b63YI2IHuLi2wK883unSU5JWs&s=OSqOvjf1wvdE-7ZoxOvSwOgNAP5SdryIAFV8rTyCeNU&e=> our campaign<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__luckyluciaproductions.us10.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3De61bc2438651bfa4a8857b1aa-26id-3D73603ec6c0-26e-3D906295e980&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=bcI4t-mL1GwxATd5A_b63YI2IHuLi2wK883unSU5JWs&s=H6htFTs2Z_Qi6okNGOZOShKQevdarByhVG2njsXD6SE&e=>!

Every summer, the Television Academy Foundation offers 50 television industry internships in over 30 disciplines. These eight-week, paid positions at major media companies provide professional experience, career development and networking opportunities to talented students nationwide. Postmark deadline is January 16, 2018.   NOTE:  These are GREAT internships; check them out at https://www.emmys.com/internship

Tenure Track position teaching Production and Media Writing classes
Requires MFA or PhD
Teaching experience preferred
https://valdosta.peopleadmin.com/postings/14937<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__valdosta.peopleadmin.com_postings_14937&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=UBDTs1ehZqou-trh4nehN7IDVyUnWnQ-D4OHVfst7MI&s=V0h2VcvaIR-i0RXa1fSM9PWLszUDh-YehozODjuhf5I&e=>

ISO INTERNS FOR SPRING 2018: Lit. Management/Production Company (LA)  is currently seeking development interns. Candidates should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and well-read with strong communication skills. Duties will include reading and evaluating scripts along with covering available book/article properties. Additional tasks include: creative research projects, shadowing producer/manager assistants, answering phones, administrative tasks, and runs/errands. This is a great opportunity to receive a firsthand experience in the realm of film and television development. If interested please send resumes to jori at madhouseent.net<mailto:jori at madhouseent.net>. School credit preferable but open to discussion.

Hello, my name is Rob Briscoe, I'm an Executive Producer at the Center for Public Television at the University of Alabama.   I wanted to reach out and let you know we've recently opened a producer position that might be of interest to your alumni.  We're looking for eager storytellers who can produce, shoot, and edit quality content for documentaries, short non-fiction narratives for clients, and television shows for statewide broadcast on Alabama Public Television.  We are housed in a 15 million dollar facility in Bryant-Denny Stadium.   The requirements for the position are a BA and 2 years experience or an MFA.   It is a great starter position for kids eager to get a head-start in producing.   We also work closely with our Journalism and Creative Media school, having anywhere from 15 to 20 students on staff as crew for our production.  Here are some samples of the work we do.<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__vimeopro.com_cptr_cpt-2Dwork&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=oL8S1N9IGUOk4rkTPu7hyf1v4Q5fVjRRtDIzsDkklGs&m=rdo9Vm2yXatxC4yOCvjuISdhNzXPzXEw61WaJbYC6nI&s=9pxF1ALg1clRFt-jv5ngHHkHJfSjBACJ-lpIJAUORJ4&e=>  If you are  interested in the position, please  apply here on the UA Job Board<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__staffjobs.ua.edu_-3Fjob-3D505212&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=oL8S1N9IGUOk4rkTPu7hyf1v4Q5fVjRRtDIzsDkklGs&m=rdo9Vm2yXatxC4yOCvjuISdhNzXPzXEw61WaJbYC6nI&s=sGUyCRIMVdAvRs-L37wCiBh4BPrfsMTeb8u3XJshVb0&e=>.“

Tallahassee:  ‘Paid project looking for a two person crew to film 2-3 lectures at FSU, where the teacher will be using an innovative new education platform called Moblab. MobLab helps instructors run classroom experiments and students can participate on smartphones, tablets, or laptops. Classroom experiments allow students to experience different economic or political rules and see how small changes in those rules lead to different outcomes. A number of cutting-edge educators have started using MobLab and have commented on the excitement it creates in their class, how it sparks curiosity, and improves class discussion, and helps students learn. But, there are still a lot of instructors using old "chalk and talk" methods. This film, edited into 3-5 minute videos, will help instructors who are on the fence imagine what using MobLab looks like.”   If you are interested contact Doug Norton at doug.norton at molab.com<mailto:doug.norton at molab.com>

Atlanta talent agency opportunity:
A boutique licensed, SAG-AFTRA franchised talent agency is seeking candidates who are interested in a long-term career in talent representation. Must be personable and focused with the ability to work in a fast-paced office. Experience preferred:
Talent Management and/or Talent Agency experience is preferred.
Skilled in use of relevant casting platforms
Relationships with Casting Directors and Producers
Extremely aggressive and very diligent about breakdowns.
Strong pitching and scouting skills
Excellent integrity and work ethics
Excellent written & phone skills with strong attention to detail
Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Must be self-motivated, ambitious for the talent they represent, positive and a contributing team player
Must be organized and able to keep up to date all required paperwork, calendars, booking slips, etc.
Salary
Base + Commission commensurate with experience
Send resume and cover letter to:  Alexander White <awhite at alexanderwhiteagency.com>

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – November 30, 2017

Salam from Syria (BFA Documentary 2017 Sabrina Attar) was selected for screening and won the Grand Prize at the Voices from the Margins Short Short Film Contest in Washington, DC, November 4-6. For more information about this contest, go to http://filmfest.americamedia.org/.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was nominated for the Ralph R. Clemente Student Short Award at the Orlando Film Festival, October 19-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.orlandofilmfest.com<http://www.orlandofilmfest.com/>.

Murky Water (MFA Thesis 2016 Carl Rogers) was selected for screening at the Marketplace Cinemas Short Film Gala in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on December 3. For more information about this gala, go to mpcws.com/9137/2017-Short-Film-Gala.

Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga) was nominated for Best Leading Actress at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival (TBUFF) in Seminole, November 30 – December 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening and will be awarded Best Cinematography at the Canada Shorts film festival in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada on December 9. For more information about this festival, go to http://canadashorts.com<http://canadashorts.com/>.

The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien) was selected for screening at the Culver City Film Festival, December 3-17. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/culvercityff/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_culvercityff_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=zEKIyyNM-6lIQypeLVDDSCru3bS75Hw5NT48CSuLCDw&s=KbC0YjpYH_ztwGr77M2VZZoquIiqnAZZKRUBIDQil1g&e=>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Award in Hollywood on December 12. For more information about this festival, go to http://higfa.com<http://higfa.com/>.

Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2017 Christopher Nold) was selected for screening at the Flagler Film Festival in Palm Coast, Florida, January 12-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://flaglerfilmfestival.com<http://flaglerfilmfestival.com/>.

A Body of Art (BFA Documentary 2017 Millicent Jenkins) was selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) and You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche) were selected for screening at the Oxford Film Festival in Oxford, Mississippi, February 7-11. For more information about this festival, go to www.oxfordarts.com.

Baphomet High (MFA D2 2017 Rebecca Raymond) was awarded Best Short Film, Best Director Short Film and Best Actress Short Film (Jae Coutrier) at the Florida Horror Film Festival in Tampa on November 12. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/FloridaHorrorFilmFestival.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening at the Sci-Fi Underground FilmFest in Miami, December 3 – January 31. For more info rmation about this festival, go to http://undergroundfilmfest.tv/.

The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity), Thump (BFA F3 2017 Ben Roth), Peacekeeper (BFA Documentary 2017 Tyler Knutt/Nicholas Markart), If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) were awarded Best of Brouhaha at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, November 18-19, and will screen in a special sidebar at the Florida Film Festival, April 6-15. For more information about the Florida Film Festival, go to www.floridafilmfestival.com<http://www.floridafilmfestival.com/>

Today and Tomorrow and the Day After That (MFA D2 2017 Samuel Bellamy) was selected for screening at the Pride Film Festival in Chicago, IL, October 10 –
January 9. For more information about this festival, go to, http://pridefilmsandplays.com<http://pridefilmsandplays.com/>.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in West Covina, CA, November 2-30. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cafilmfestival.org/en/.

Ruckzuck (BFA Documentary 2017 Jacqueline Xerri), Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Calderon), Marianne (MFA D2 2016 Yu Ying Chien), Meat (BFA F3 2017 Vishesh Pires), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), A Body of Art (BFA Documentary 2017 Millicent Jenkins), Building Bridges (BFA Documentary 2017 Ryland Carlin), Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson), The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth), Not My God (BFA F3 2017 Anthony Romaguera), Jeremy (BFA F3 2017 Nicole Pacheco), A Little Drama (MFA D1 2016 Brandon Shenk), Caretaker (MFA Thesis 2016 Christopher Nold), Love is Blind (MFA D1 2016 Jonas Schubach) and The Bradford Experiment (MFA D1 2016 James Leming) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival (TBUFF) in Seminole, November 30 – December 3. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the San Jose International Short Film Festival, December 7-10. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.sjsff.com<http://www.sjsff.com/>.

Falling for You (MFA D1 2016 Laura Johnson) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Comedy Film Festival in Marietta, Georgia on December 11. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlantacomedyfilmfestival.net<http://www.atlantacomedyfilmfestival.net/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Festival, December 12. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.higfa.com<http://www.higfa.com/>.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeberger) was selected for screening at the US Hollywood International Golden Film Award in Burbank on December 13. For more information about this competition, go to www.usgfa.com<http://www.usgfa.com/>.

Till Death (MFA D2 2016 Molly Roland) was selected for screening at the Silver Screen for Short Films film festival in Clearwater, Florida on January 10, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.silverscreenforshortfilms.com/.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Short of April at the Gold Movie Awards in London, January 11, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.goldmovieawards.com<http://www.goldmovieawards.com/>.

The Wednesday Sessions (BFA F3 2017 Erin Smyth) was selected for screening at the Flagler Film Festival in Palm Coast, Florida, January 12-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://flaglerfilmfestival.com<http://flaglerfilmfestival.com/>.

Pandemonium (MFA Thesis 2016 Luis Mendez) was selected for screening at the Miami Beach Film Festival, January 13-15, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com<https://www.miamibeachfilmfest.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena), Reunion (BFA Documentary 2017 Brady Holcomb),  A Trail Forward (BFA Documentary 2017 William Harrison), Sculpting Tradition (BFA Documentary 2017 Savannah Berube), You See ‘Em (BFA Documentary 2017 Emma Landeche), Lady Plum (BFA F3 2017 Grayson Goga), Cycle (BFA F3 2017 Erik Kallin) and Glory Days (BFA F3 2017 Terry Beck) were selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia, January 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/SSUFF.

Interrogation (MFA Thesis 2016 YueCheng Liu) was selected for screening and awarded Best Woman Filmmaker, and Ms. Omniscience (MFA D2 2017 Xiao Ma) and The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 Yu Ying Chien are Semi-Finalists and official selections at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA, January 27, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://www.himpff.com<http://www.himpff.com/>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the San Diego Black Film Festival, January 31 – February 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.sdbff.com<http://www.sdbff.com/>.

If (BFA F3 2017 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the Around International Film Festival in Barcelona, Spain, March 9, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://aroundfilms.com<http://aroundfilms.com/>.

War Crimes (MFA D2 2016 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at Cinema Los Angeles, April 27-18, 2018. For more information about this festival, go to, http://cinemalosangeles.com/.