[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 10.13.16

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Oct 13 15:26:28 EDT 2016

>From Oualid Mouaness (MFA 97)  “The Rifle, The Jackal, The Wolf And The Boy will screen in the official selection at Curta Cinema in the international competition in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. #shortfilmfestival<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/shortfilmfestival?source=feed_text&story_id=10153845944352097> #curtacinema<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/curtacinema?source=feed_text&story_id=10153845944352097> #lebanesecinema<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/lebanesecinema?source=feed_text&story_id=10153845944352097> #arabfilm<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/arabfilm?source=feed_text&story_id=10153845944352097>

>From Ernest Goodly (MFA 92)  “I am with IBM in Atlanta, working as their Global Video Traffic Manager. I have the pleasure of working with Heidi Angle (MFA 92) and Savage Bell (BFA 94) who are both Video Producers for IBM. In this position I also have met Rob Rogers another Nole in Atlanta! I've just been here for about 4 weeks, so I still have a lot more people to meet. ”

“My name is Tony Gardner, and my daughter is a sophomore at FSU's College of Motion Picture Arts. I live out in Los Angeles and work in the film industry primarily as a makeup and animatronic effects artist ...occasionally helping produce a music video or behind-the-scenes program.  If there's any way that I could be of help to FSU's students or alumni, I'd be more than happy to do so.  You can contact me at tonyalterian at gmail.com<mailto:tonyalterian at gmail.com>.

>From Dana Fytelson (MFA 14)  “I just DP'd a pilot that George Reasner (MFA 94) directed. I key gripped a feature over the summer called Band-Aid which is being produced, directed, and starred in by Zoe Lister-Jones. Here's a link to the variety article: https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2016/film/news/zoe-lister-jones-directorial-debut-band-aid-1201817736/amp/?client=safari
I've been busy! Lots of work. And really enjoying participating in the Flam Festival with Stacy Milbourn (MFA-Writing 14)“

Terry Beck’s (BFA 2nd year) documentary “Us Thereafter” is a finalist for the Voices from the Margins filmfest and he needs our votes: filmfest.americamedia.org/vote<http://filmfest.americamedia.org/vote> .

>From Josh Smooha (BFA 12)  “I am looking for any grads of the film school in columbus, ohio. I need a PA between 10/21-10/23 in that area if anyone lives there? $200/day. resumes or interested parties can go to josh at osostudios.com<mailto:josh at osostudios.com>

Attention directors, The 8th Annual Silver Sound Showdown Music+Video Festival is open  for submissions!  Here's how it works: In one epic night we hold both a music video festival and a battle of the bands. Winners are decided by a combination of a panel of industry professionals and an audience vote. The grand prize is worth over $10,000, presented by Silver Sound, an Emmy Award-winning post-production sound studio and team of location sound mixers. This is an amazing opportunity for artists to meet and network, to collaborate on new projects, and to get exposure at New York City’s first and best Music Video Festival. Showdown is on January 18th, 2017 at
Brooklyn Bowl<http://www.brooklynbowl.com/>, one of New York City’s premiere venues.  Visit
http://silversoundshowdown.com/#registration
 to enter your music video. General information about the event, as well as competition guidelines can be found here. The Regular Submission Deadline is November 1st, 2016.

>From Tallahassee Photo and Frame:   “We are looking for an experienced photo tech.  Must have rior photo experience.  Must be proficient in Photshop and an experienced photographer.   Video transfer and framing experience a plus.   Good customer skills required.  Call Mike Fraser at 850 877 1152.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – October 13, 2016

Concessions (MFA D2 2016 Sam Bartz) and For the Record (BFA F3 2016 Justin Burt) were selected for screening  at the October 21 Tallahassee Premiere Nights screening. For more information about this series, go to http://tallyshorts.com/tallahassee-premiere-nights/.

Shark Attack (BFA Thesis 2016 Victoria Cragg) was selected for screening at the My Hero International Film Festival in Los Angeles on November 19. For more information about this festival, go to myhero.com.

Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang) was selected for screening at the Chicago International Children’s Film Festival, October 28 – November 6. For more information about this festival, go to www.facets.org/kids.

Shark Attack (BFA Thesis 2016 Victoria Cragg) won a Jury Award at the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival in Los Angeles, September 23-25. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ladyfilmmakers.com/.

A Surprise (MFA D1 2015 Yi Tao), Concessions (MFA D2 2016 Sam Bartz) and Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) are official selections of Los Angeles CineFest, an online festival, January 14-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.lacinefest.org/.

Lasting Marks (BFAD Thesis 2015 Logan Shye) and Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase), Hedge Hero (BFA Thesis 2016 Lauren Hammond) and Tilted (BFA F3 2016 Zach Hoskin) were selected for screening at the MIA Animation Conference and Festival in Miami, October 21-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.miaanimation.com<http://www.miaanimation.com/>.

Us Thereafter (BFA Documentary 2016 Terry Beck) is a finalist of the Voices from the Margins filmfest and will screen at the Teach-In Film Fest in Arlington, Virginia on November 12. A winner will be chosen to premiere at the ISN Teach-In in Washington, DC, November 12-13. For more information about this festival, go to www.americamedia.org.

Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang) was selected for screening in the North American Chinese Directors Short Film Tour, October 1 – December 30. The tour will start in New York City, go to DC, Boston, LA and SF, then go to major Chinese cities. For more information about this touring festival, go to shortfilmtour.org.

Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo Huahua) was selected for screening in a monthly screening of the Father/Daughter Film Report’s First Thursdays Film Festival in Bastrop, Texas. For more information about this film series, go to http://www.firstthursdaysfilmfestival.com/.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) was invited to screen at the Portuguese Surf Film Festival in Ericeira, Europe’s world surfing reserve, sometime in the near future. For more information about this festival, go to http://portuguesesurffilmfestival.com/#ericeira.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was selected for screening at the Hyperdrive Sci-Fi & Fantasy Independent Film Festival in Hailsham, England in October. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.hyperdrivefestival.com/.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Horror Film Festival, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://atlantahorrorfilmfest.com<http://atlantahorrorfilmfest.com/>.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Horror Film Festival, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://atlantahorrorfilmfest.com<http://atlantahorrorfilmfest.com/>.

Still Life (BFA F-1 2015 Gabriel Valbuena) was selected for screening at the World Arts Film Festival in Jacksonville, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.worldartsfilmfestival.org/.

Heyln Springs (MFA Thesis 2014 Noah Camenker) was selected for screening at the Raleigh Film & Art Festival in North Carolina, October 14-16. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.raleighfilmandartfestival.com/.

Once Upon a Blood Moon (MFA D1 2015 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Upstate New York Horror Film Festival in Rochester, October 14-16. For more information about this festival, go to http://nyhorrofest.com<http://nyhorrofest.com/>.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon/Jamie Rice) was selected for screening at the International Women’s Film Festival in Orlando, October 15-16. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.internationalwff.com/.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) and Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) were selected for screening at Screamfest in Los Angeles, October 11-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.screamfestla.com<http://www.screamfestla.com/>.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Idaho Horror Film Festival in Boise, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.idahohorrorfilmfestival.org/.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales) and Somewhere To Be (MFA Thesis 2015 Nick DeCell) were selected for screening at the La Costa Film Festival in Carlsbad, California, October 13-16. For more information about this festival, go to http://lacostafilmfestival.org/.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was selected for screening at the Laughlin International Film Festival in Nevada, October 13-16. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/Laughlinfilmfestival.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Brooklyn Horror Film Festival, October 14-16. For more information about this festival, go to http://brooklynhorrorfest.com/.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Killer Valley Horror Film Festival in Ashland, Oregon, possibly on October 15. For more information about this festival, go to http://killervalleyhorrorfilmfestival.com/.

With Your Crooked Heart (BFA Thesis 2014 Sam Goodwin) was selected for screening at Flickers’ Vortex Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror Film Festival in Providence, Rhode Island, October 17-23. For more information about this festival, go to www.rifilmfest.org.

Patches (BFA F3 2015 Kat Barnette), About James (MFA D2 2015 Christopher Nold), The Extra Mile (BFA Documentary 2015 Courtney Ross), Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) and Hollow (BFA Thesis 2015 Kat Barnette) were selected for screening at the Orlando Film Festival, October 19-23. For more information about this festival, go to www.orlandofilmfest.com<http://www.orlandofilmfest.com/>.

Heavy Weight (MFA Thesis 2016 Jennifer Silver/Alex White), The Voice from the Page (MFA Thesis 2016 Andrea Branch), Stutter (MFA Thesis 2016 Ivo Huahua), Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity), Spin Cycle (MFA D2 2016 Janeen Talbott), Into the Rain (MFA D2 2016 Layne Inselman), Falcons (MFA D2 2016 Carolina Garrigo), Devil’s Luck (MFA D2 2016 Robert Eaton), Soleil (BFA Documentary 2016 Erik Kallin), Radial (BFA F3 2016 Mary Kate Broadway), Starlite (BFA F3 2016 Stephen Bond), Lasting Marks (BFAD Thesis 2015 Logan Shye) and Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) were invited to screen at the Covey Film Festival in Thomasville, Georgia, October 13-29. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.coveyfilmfestival.com/.

Shark Attack (BFA Thesis 2016 Victoria Cragg), Battle of the Brides (MFA Thesis 2016 Phillip Thomas) and Bad Town (BFA Thesis 2016 Daniel Smith) were selected for screening at the inaugural Way Down Film Festival in Columbus, Georgia, October 21-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.waydownfilm.com<http://www.waydownfilm.com/>.

Super Chef (MFA Thesis 2015 Rochelle Rose) was selected for screening at the Reel Sisters Film Festival in Brooklyn, October 22-23. For more information about this festival, go to www.reelsisters.org.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase), Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang), Southern Roots (BFA Thesis 2014 Betsy Serral), Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger), Super Chef (MFA Thesis 2015 Rochelle Rose) and Shark Attack (BFA Thesis 2016 Victoria Cragg) were selected for screening at the International Family Film Festival in Hollywood, October 20-23. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.iffilmfest.org/.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales), How I Killed Pistol Rogers (MFA Thesis 2015 Ashlea Patterson) and Shark Attack (BFA Thesis 2016 Victoria Cragg) were selected for screening at the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival in Los Angeles, October 23-25. For more information about this festival, go to http://ladyfilmmakers.com<http://ladyfilmmakers.com/>.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the New Orleans Film Festival, October 20-27. For more information about this festival, go to www.neworleansfilmsociety.org<http://www.neworleansfilmsociety.org/>.

Once Upon a Blood Moon (MFA D1 2015 Rob Eaton) was selected for screening at the Terror Film Festival in Philadelphia, October 28-31. For more information about this festival, go to http://terrorfilmfestival.net<http://terrorfilmfestival.net/>.

A Jingle A Go-Go (MFA D2 2014 Spencer Frankeberger) is an official selection of Blow-Up, the Chicago International Arthouse Film Fest, November 3-7. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.blowupfilmfest.com/.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) was invited to screen at the Ride On FilmFestival in Ghent, Belgium on November 5. For more information about this festival, go to rideonfilmfestival.com.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon/Jamie Rice) was selected for screening at the Nitehawk Shorts Festival in Brooklyn, November 8-13. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.nitehawkcinema.com/series/nitehawk-shorts-festival/.

Acoustic Ninja (BFA Documentary 2016 Rob Bevis) was selected for screening at the Denver Film Festival, November 2-13. For more information about this festival, go to www.denverfilm.org.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar) was selected for screening at the November 9 screening of the Silver Screen for Short Films in Clearwater. For more information about this series, go to https://www.facebook.com/ss4sf/.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was selected for screening at the Lone Star Film Festival in Fort Worth, Texas, November 10-13. For more information about this festival, go to http://lonestarfilmfestival.com<http://lonestarfilmfestival.com/>.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Razor Reel Flanders Fantastic Film Festival in Bruges, Belgium, November 10-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.rrfff.bc.

Amanda and the Hare (BFA Documentary 2015 Emily Mills/Jared Hopkins) was selected for screening at DOC NYC, November 10-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.docnyc.net<http://www.docnyc.net/>.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the San Diego Asian Film Festival, November 10-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.pac-arts.org<http://www.pac-arts.org/>.

Us Thereafter (BFA Documentary 2016 Terry Beck) was invited to screen at the EyeCatcher International Film Festival in McAlester, Oklahoma, November 6-13. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.eyecatcherfilmfest.com/.

Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger) was selected for screening at the Hamilton Film Festival in Canada, November 7-13. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.hamiltonfilmfestival.com/.

Somewhere To Be (MFA Thesis 2015 Nick DeCell) was selected for screening at the Napa Valley Film Festival in Napa, Yountville, St. Helena, and Calistoga, California, November 9-13. For more information about this festival, go to http://napavalleyfilmfest.org/.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales), Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin), How I Killed Pistol Rogers (MFA Thesis 2015 Ashlea Patterson), Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab), The Gypsy (BFA Documentary 2016 Gabriel Valbuena), For Will (BFA Documentary 2016 Grayson Goga/Grace Stalley), Once Upon a Blood Moon (MFA D1 2015 Rob Eaton) and David (BFA Thesis 2065 William Mauer) were selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 4-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com.

Room 237 (MFA D1 2015 Matthew Robinson) was selected for screening at the Miami Short Film Festival, November 14-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.miamishortfilmfestival.com.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza), Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar) and Acoustic Ninja (BFA Documentary 2016 Rob Bevis) were selected for screening at the Et Cultura Film Festival in St. Petersburg, Florida, November 2-20. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.etcultura.com/.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival, November 11-20. For more information about this festival, go to http://phillyasianfilmfest.org/.

Jeremy Donaldson is a finalist for the ASC Vilmos Zsigmond Heritage Award for his work as DP on Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang). For more information about this competition, go to http://www.theasc.com/site/news/asc-announces-finalists-for-2016-student-heritage-awards/.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, Kentucky, November 25-27. For more information about this festival, go to www.frightnightfilmfest.com.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was invited to screen at the Bogota Short Film Festival (Bogo Shorts) in Bogota, Colombia, December 6-13. For more information about this festival, go to www.bogoshorts.com<http://www.bogoshorts.com/>.

A Surprise (MFA D1 2015 Yi Tao) was selected for screening at the IndieWise Virtual Film Festival on January 2. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/getindiewise.

Blackface (MFA D2 2016 Malcolm Baity) is an Official Selection of the Hollywood Independent Film Festival Awards. The awards ceremony takes place on January 7. For more information about this competition, go to http://himpff.com<http://himpff.com/>.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was invited to screen at the GardenCity Film Festival in Bangalore, India on April 2. For more information about this festival, go to http://gardencityff.blogspot.in/.

Friday the 14th (MFA D2 2016 Lucas Omar), Concessions (MFA D2 2016 Sam Bartz), and Reunion (MFA D2 2016 Yi Tao) are official selections of Mindie, the Miami Independent Film Festival, April 3-5. For more information about this festival, go to miamindiefest.com.

--
Meryl Warren, Director of Alumni
College of Motion Picture Arts