[Film-bfad1] [Film-BFA1] FW: Student Loan Focus Group

Mills, Brenda bmills at admin.fsu.edu
Fri Jul 22 09:54:34 EDT 2016

This is from my husband over at the Center for Leadership, next door to the SLC. If you’re free Tuesday at noon you can have a free lunch and help solve the student loan crisis. If you’re available, email Steve: smills at fsu.edu.

STUDENT LOAN CRISIS FOCUS GROUP

We’re looking for 8 – 10 students who want to eat some free food at the Center and talk about student loans in a 90 minute focus group.  If you don’t have any student loans, this probably isn’t for you, but if you HAVE gone to that well, and you want to talk about the entire student loan system, including everything from getting the loans, loan amount, and especially pay-back plans, this conversation is for you.  This national research group is going to have a representative here (Dunlap Bldg), conducting this focus group from 12:00 – 1:30 on Tuesday, July 26.  Here is a paragraph of invitation from the woman conducting the focus group:

My name is Areeba Hasan, a strategist with Young Invincibles Advisors, and I'll be visiting FSU on July 26th. I'm working on a research project for Great Lakes Loan Servicers on how students make decisions about financing their education. As you know, the student loan crisis in the U.S. is a major issue, and I'm interested in hearing your stories and ultimately identifying best practices to address this concern. I'm hoping to get 8-12 students to participate in a roundtable discussion on how student loans have affected you, your understanding of the loan process, financial security, etc. The discussion will take approximately one and a half hours. Lunch from Gaines Street Pies will be provided, and all information you share will remain private. I look forward to meeting a few of you, and talking about this important issue.

I’ve also attached a flyer about the project. If you can participate, let me know, ASAP.  If you can participate AND bring a friend who you know is fired up about this topic, let me know that too.  I may take you up on the friend, and I may not, depending on how many folks respond.  Thank you!

Steve