[Film-bfad1] [Film-BFA1] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 7.21.16

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Jul 21 12:11:30 EDT 2016

Congratulations to Lauren Morelli (BFA 08)  “I have some exciting news for the Warren Report. I've been nominated for an Emmy as Assistant Costume Designer for Grace and Frankie. I'm so grateful to FSU's Film School for my introduction into the industry and the great education I received to receive such an honor!”

Would love to hear about any other Emmy nominations from our alums!

watch it on Vevo - out now: http://www.vevo.com/watch/QM5FT1690023 “

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOxIYDYa2Af9dq9s_2EmZ-w/videos
https://www.facebook.com/NewHardyBoys/
https://www.instagram.com/newhardyboys/

>From Dan Ast (BFA 05)  “"Hey everyone, we're very excited for our first season of L.A. Macabre to be featured on LAist in their list of "The 9 Best Web Series About Living In Los Angeles. (http://laist.com/2016/07/18/la_webseries.php) We've had a lot of fun and exciting developments for the project recently, including distribution on Amazon Prime. Production on our second season is in full swing with our Director of Photography Austin Lee Smoak (BFA 05) creating some beautiful images for us. Can't wait to finish up Season 2 and share it with you all.”

>From Catherine Rehwinkel (BFA 07)  “I'm in Brooklyn having just graduated from the Interactive Telecommunications Program at NYU Tisch studying interaction design and VR.  I'm currently getting involved VR and 360 video.   Here are some  video samples  http://www.catherinerehwinkel.com/

>From Jon Sams (BFA 14)  “Other than that I just wanted to let you know that I just celebrated my 1 year Anniversary working with the guys at M.E.G.A. Media and I recently shot and directed a music video for a talented artist named Jackii. Margie Cooper [BFA 14] from my class produced it as well. If you'd like to watch it here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KacPAZoxBRg

>From Walter Hollmann (BFA 10 )  “Folks: a friend of mine, Carlo Pate, is a South Florida-based filmmaker who just finished shooting a film in South America. He's in post right now, and finds himself in need of a sound editor. Rate is negotiable. Please DM me if interested! This is the page for the film: https://www.facebook.com/cholafilm/?ref=profile

And a little update on Walter:  “I'm working as Senior Producer on Hollywood Today Live. We're still in our first season, and have already been renewed for season two. Hosts include Ross Mathews, Garcelle Beauvais, Kristen Brockman, Tanner Thomason, and Amanda Salas. Syndicated, check your local listings.”

Memorial celebration for former Film School faculty member, Alan Stewart in Encino, CA: Please join all of Alan's children and friends at the Encino Golf Course banquet room on July 24 for 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. for a come and go style memorial. Please stop by, have a drink, and share a story.  Sunday, July 24 at 10 AM PDT, 16821 Burbank Blvd., Encino, CA  91436.”

In its 15th cycle, the AWC (Armed with a Camera) fellowship has helped over 100 emerging filmmakers to launch careers and give voice to their Asian Pacific American heritage and communities. This program offers funding, mentorship, resources and an elite presentation venue - the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival!  Many AWC alumni have gone on to produce feature films and full-length documentaries. Past fellows include Daniel Hsia (SHANGHAI CALLING), Eugene-Lee Yang (BUZZFEED TRY GUYS), Kristina Wong (WONG STREET JOURNAL), Evan Jackson Leong (LINSANITY), ERNESTO FORONDA (BETTER LUCK TOMORROW) and Erin Li (KEPLER X-47).  Have a story to tell? Ever imagine yourself working in the film industry? Don't miss out. Help us spread the word about this life-changing program. The application closes on October 7th, 2016.
Click here for info on how to apply<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00128GMcJTBq2AHUIfLw0MNQkL8aoPrumwvyBDe2zP-oNagHe3XLz4i24B5ZuBAwltJcwFQ40mEzWori2DTr6bOXwKh3aqtylzLb6Rj4xX0B4tb_uLOxgskfz7x8mvZgwIxlQ7m9qlgSCaB1mXYUe0vcTcqoI9j3Sh8WaPKewQO2PT3Q3te_azwqw==&c=0oK-BuBKOG5KNIzgDms8okTVI5fw9pwKxEiBvXFC-mU5tmHaLbhfdA==&ch=bqeRJk42seCSx_8ud-d_bNAOMY4UYxC6DnyQ_ZefrHQnRcxh-Uv55w==>.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – July 21, 2016

Reversed (MFA D2 2015 Drina Andre) and Super Chef (MFA Thesis 2015 Rochelle Rose) were selected for screening at the BronzeLens Film Festival in Atlanta, August 25-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.bronzelensfilmfestival.com.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Killer Valley Horror Film Festival in Ashland, Oregon, possibly on October 15. For more information about this festival, go to http://killervalleyhorrorfilmfestival.com/.

Hashi (BFA Thesis 2014 Mana Handel) received an Award of Recognition in the Asian American (Student) category from the Best Shorts Competition, an online monthly competition. For more information about this competition, go to http://bestshorts.net/.

Wish Star (MFA D2 2015 Carl T. Rogers) was a semi-finalist at the Fantasmagorical Film Festival in Lexington, Kentucky, July 29-31. For more information about this festival, go to http://fandomfest.com/2015/01/fantasmagorical-film-festival/.

The Monsters Around Us (BFA Thesis 2015 Aileen Carpenter) was selected for screening at the Big River Film Festival in Savannah, July 7-9. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.bigriverfilmfestival.com/.

Flashback (BFA DF3 2014 Collin Lockett) won Best College Film at the Super Geek Film Festival at Florida Supercon in South Florida, July 1-4. For more information about this festival, go to www.geekfilmfest.com<http://www.geekfilmfest.com/>.

Lasting Marks (BFAD Thesis 2015 Logan Shye) was selected for screening at the RYO Animation Showcase in Atlanta on July 28. For more information about this showcase, go to http://http://www.asifa-south.com/<http://http//www.asifa-south.com/>.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales) was selected for screening at the UrbanWorld film festival in New York City, September 21-25. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.urbanworld.org<http://www.urbanworld.org/>.

Queens (MFA D1 2015 Lucas Omar) was selected for screening at the Austin Gay and Lesbian International Film Festival (AGLIFF), September 8-11. For more information about this festival, go to agliff.org.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales) won the Student Short Competition at the College Town Film Festival in State College, Pennsylvania, March 16-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.collegetownfilmfestival.com.

Rehearsal (MFA D2 2015 Jennifer Silver) was selected for screening at Sidewalk Film Festival in Birmingham, Alabama, August 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://sidewalkfest.com<http://sidewalkfest.com/>.

Monsters Around Us (BFA Thesis 2015 Aileen Carpenter) was selected for screening at HollyShorts in Los Angeles, August 11-20. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.hollyshorts.com<http://www.hollyshorts.com/>.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Idaho Horror Film Festival in Boise, October 13-15. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.idahohorrorfilmfestival.org/.

When Things Are Shitty (BFA Documentary 2016 Justin Sadler) was selected for screening at the inaugural Inspired Minds Short Film and Screenplay Competition in Sarasota on September 10. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.inspiredmindsfilms.com<http://www.inspiredmindsfilms.com/>.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon/Jamie Rice) is a semi-finalist in the Katra Film Series in New York City, and will screen on July 16. For more information about this series, go to katrafilmseries.com.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) was selected for screening at the San Francisco Frozen Film Festival, July 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.frozenfilmfestival.com.

Katana (MFA D2 2015 Qiyu Zhou) was selected for screening at the SoCal Clips Indie Film Fest in Pasadena, July 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.socalciff.com<http://www.socalciff.com/>.

My Girl Rose (MFA Thesis 2014 Jordan Lewis) was selected for screening and is a Finalist in the Student Narrative Contest at the March on Washington Film Festival in the nation’s capital, July 13-23. For more information about this festival, go to http://marchonwashingtonfilmfestival.org/.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) and Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger) were selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, July 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.comic-con.org<http://www.comic-con.org/>.

Hollow (BFA Thesis 2015 Kat Barnette) was selected for screening at the SoCal Clips Indie Film Fest in Pasadena, July 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.socalciff.com.

Hedge Hero (BFA Thesis 2016 Lauren Hammond) was selected for screening at the RYO Animation Showcase in Atlanta on July 28. For more information about this showcase, go to http://http://www.asifa-south.com/<http://http//www.asifa-south.com/>.

Wish Star (MFA D2 2015 Carl T. Rogers) was selected for screening at the Fantasmagorical Film Festival in Lexington, Kentucky, July 29-31. For more information about this festival, go to http://fandomfest.com/2015/01/fantasmagorical-film-festival/.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) and Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) were selected for screening at the Gen Con Indy Film Festival in Indianapolis, August 4-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.gencon.com.

Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger), Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase), Mystery Jones! Back in Business (BFA Thesis 2015 Paul Ramsdell), Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab), For the Record (BFA F3 2016 Justin Burt) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Comic Con Film Festival, August 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to http://tampabaycomiccon.com/convention-events/.

Byroad (BFA Thesis 2014 Raymond Calderon) was selected for screening at the Marietta International Film Festival in Atlanta on August 6. It was also nominated for Best US Short, Best Lead in a Short Film, Best Direction in a Short Film, Best Cinematography in a Short Film and Best Writing in a Short Film. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.marietta-film-festival.org/.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeburger) and Reversed (MFA D2 2015 Drina Andre) were selected for screening at the WNY Film, Art, and Music Event (FAME) in Batavia, New York, August 12-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.beaveralleystudios.com/fame.html.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival in Miami, August 12-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.popcornfrights.com/.

About James (MFA D2 2015 Christopher Nold) was selected for screening at the Kaleidoscope LGBT Film Festival in Little Rock, Arkansas, August 18-21. For more information about this festival, go to www.kaleidoscopefilmestival.com<http://www.kaleidoscopefilmestival.com/>.

Diana Flynn and the Sword of Sir Morris (MFA D2 2015 Phillip Thomas) was selected for screening at the inaugural Action Packed Film Festival, August 19-21. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/actionpackedfilmfestival.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) and Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) were selected for screening at Sidewalk Film Festival in Birmingham, Alabama, August 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://sidewalkfest.com<http://sidewalkfest.com/>.

Still Life (MFA F1 2015 Gabe Valbuena), My Girl Rose (MFA Thesis 2014 Jordan Lewis), You Won’t Believe What Happens Next (MFA F1 2015 Arielle Heiman) and Rehearsal (MFA D2 2054 Jennifer Silver) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Orlando, September 2-4. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin), Manic Pixie Dream Grind (MFA D1 2015 Ariella Yashar), You Won’t Believe What Happens Next (MFA F1 2015 Arielle Heiman)  and Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) were selected for screening at the Dragon Con Independent Film Festival in Atlanta, September 2-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://www.filmfest.dragoncon.org/>.

Cootie Contagion (BFA Thesis 2012 Josh Smooha), Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin), Patches (BFA F3 2015 Kat Burnette) and Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang) were selected for screening at the Burbank International Film Festival, September 7-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.burbankfilmfest.org/.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Rome International Film Festival in Georgia, September 15-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.romeinternationalfilmfestival.com/.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) was selected for screening at DC Shorts, September 8-18. For more information about this festival, go to www.dcshorts.com<http://www.dcshorts.com/>.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales) was selected for screening at the Depth of Field International Film Festival, an online festival on September 19. For more information about this festival, go to http://dofiff.com<http://dofiff.com/>.

Rehearsal (MFA D2 2015 Jennifer Silver) was selected for screening at the Austin Revolution Film Festival, September 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolutionfilmfest.wordpress.com<https://austinrevolutionfilmfest.wordpress.com/>.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon/Jamie Rice) and Set in Stone (BFA Thesis 2015 Chloe Lind) were selected for screening in the late summer or early fall screening of the Iron Mule Short Comedy Screening Series in New York City. For more information about this series, go to www.ironmulenyc.com<http://www.ironmulenyc.com/>.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) was invited to screen at the Portuguese Surf Film Festival in Ericeira, Europe’s world surfing reserve, sometime in the near future. For more information about this festival, go to http://portuguesesurffilmfestival.com/#ericeira.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was selected for screening at the Hyperdrive Sci-Fi & Fantasy Independent Film Festival in Hailsham, England in October. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.hyperdrivefestival.com/.