[Film-bfad1] Fall choices

Syder, Andrew asyder at admin.fsu.edu
Fri Jul 15 12:32:25 EDT 2016

To help with Fall planning, I’ve created a short survey to find out where everyone’s head is in terms of F3 projects and thesis support. Please fill this out as soon as possible. It should only take a couple of minutes.

https://fsu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_39IEEf0zoR4RKhD

As many of you already know, the BFA2 year is built around a project-centered curriculum. This means that your choice of F3 project determines the types of classes you’ll be taking. There are two paths available: one for live-action (which includes visual effects), one for animation (which includes 2D, 3D, and stop-motion animation).

In order to be registered for the appropriate classes, you’ll need to decide which path you’ll be taking by July 26th at the latest. I expect that most of you have already decided, but, if you’re still unsure, please use the next couple of weeks to consult with faculty members and narrow down your choice.

As far as thesis support is concerned, each of you will have a six-week block of time in the Fall to devote to thesis support. Support positions will be available on both live action and animated shows, and you’ll be able to mix and match, so please indicate your preferences in the survey.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll also be scheduling an info session once principal photography on the F2s is wrapped.

Cheers,

Andrew