[Film-bfad1] [Film-BFA1] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 7.15.16

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Jul 15 10:36:39 EDT 2016

Congratulations to Ali Bell (BFA 99)  who Executive Produced the female reboot of Ghostbusters – a fine, fun time at the movies!

http://varietylatino.com/english/2016/tv/trailers/east-los-high-prince-royce-hulu-season-4-256839/”

>From Diego Araujo (MFA 04)  “We are just 4 weeks shy from shooting our 2nd feature, AGUJERO NEGRO (BLACK HOLE) in Ecuador.  Our first feature, FERIADO (HOLIDAY) premiered at the Berlinale in 2014 and went on to play in more than 60 festivals all over the world. It got sold in several territories, including the US, Germany, France, UK, Switzerland and Argentina.  We thought that financing our second film would be easier this time. However, Ecuador entered a big economic recession this year and all the small funds we had for film are gone. On the top of that, two months ago, we had a devastating earthquake so, fairly enough, most private funds are going towards reconstruction.  We believe that it’s more important than ever to make films in Ecuador and that’s why we set out to do a film for times of crisis: a small, existentialist romantic comedy, the first mumblecore film to come out of the Andes ;-)  We just launched a crowdfunding campaign through Indiegogo to raise the last bit of production money. Please check out our campaign’s link below and help us bring AGUJERO NEGRO to life by sharing the link with your friends and, if your really like the project, by becoming our backers.  https://goo.gl/VEP8oK

>From Hyungjik (Eric) Lee (BFA 13)  “Currently, I am working with Su Kim (MFA 07)  in Netflix Show Sense8 Season2 for Korean Shoot Unit. It is really fun working with Su, Korean filmmakers, and other multicultural filmmakers around the world who are involved in this season. I remember when you first told me about Su before I graduated and I was thrilled to hear about her, and now we are working together in Korea.

>From Katie Scoones (BFA 10)  “I've been working as a producer for Good Morning America for the last 2 years. Not even close to what I expected to be doing but it's been working great for me.”

Justin Zuckerman (BFA 15)  is now Head of Development at Distilled Media Inc., and in Phoenix right now assisting a producer on a feature!

Fall Internships in Motion Picture Industry Marketing through .  <http://film.fsu.edu/Programs/The-Torchlight-Program> Interviews Begin Monday July 11 – Thursday July 28, 2016.  Interviews Continue Drop Add Week Aug. 27- Sept. 1, 2016.  This fall we anticipate marketing approximately 8-10 new independent motion picture feature films through my entrepreneurial marketing company. Our new title lineup for the semester will include a number of films that premiered at prominent film festivals including Sundance, SXSW, Tribeca, Hamptons Int. FF, and Festival de Cannes among many others.    NOTE:  if you want complete information reply to this email and ask me to send you the description, or contact Gayle Gari / Administrative Assistant, email: pcasstgayle at gmail.com<mailto:pcasstgayle at gmail.com>, Mobile: 845.300.0268<file://localhost/tel/845.300.0268>
Miami VET Fest is a film festival celebrating the achievements of veteran filmmakers and military-themed film productions. Founded byBryan Thompson<https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanthompsonlaw?authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=uFHD&locale=en_US&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Amynetwork%2CclickedEntityId%3A241889541%2CauthType%3ANAME_SEARCH%2Cidx%3A1-1-1%2CtarId%3A1466092740068%2Ctas%3ABRYAN%20THOM>, an 11-year Army veteran and entrepreneur, Miami VET Fest is a companion event to the successful Miami Web Fest competition also started by Thompson. Miami VET Fest will showcase the work and stories of fellow veterans on all screens with a day dedicated to screening feature films, short films, documentaries, web-series and commercials.  Winners in each category will receive cash prizes and trophies as well as prominent exposure on We Are The Mighty, the military community’s media and entertainment brand.  Miami VET Fest Submissions Begin June 1 and end August 15, 2016 Submit here:https://filmfreeway.com/festival/MiamiVETfest
Cost of entry is $30 ($20 for Military and Veterans) For more information, log on tohttp://miamiwebfest.com/miami-vet-fest/

The Warren Report comes to you today from the deck of our vacation rental home at beautiful St. George Island where we’ve been all week with our kids and grandkids, and a large assortment of other family and friends!   Beautiful weather, lots of beach, water and pool time.

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – July 14, 2016

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) and Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) were selected for screening at Sidewalk Film Festival in Birmingham, Alabama, August 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://sidewalkfest.com<http://sidewalkfest.com/>.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Rome International Film Festival in Georgia, September 15-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.romeinternationalfilmfestival.com/.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) was selected for screening at the Dragon Con Independent Film Festival in Atlanta, September 2-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://www.filmfest.dragoncon.org/>.

Patches (BFA F3 2015 Kat Burnette) was selected for screening at the Burbank International Film Festival, September 7-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.burbankfilmfest.org/.

Katana (MFA D2 2015 Qiyu Zhou) was selected for screening at the SoCal Clips Indie Film Fest in Pasadena, July 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.socalciff.com<http://www.socalciff.com/>.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon/Jamie Rice) is a semi-finalist in the Katra Film Series in New York City, and will screen on July 16. For more information about this series, go to katrafilmseries.com.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) was selected for screening at DC Shorts, September 8-18. For more information about this festival, go to www.dcshorts.com<http://www.dcshorts.com/>.

Whatever We Want To Be (MFA Thesis 2014 Stephanie Williams) was invited to screen at the Rio Gender & Sexuality Film Festival in Brazil, July 8-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.riofgc.com.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Shortsfest, July 15-16. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlantashortsfest.com<http://www.atlantashortsfest.com/>.

Escape (BFA Thesis 2015 Twinkle Agarwal) was selected for screening at the California Women’s Film Festival, July 15-17 in North Hollywood. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.calwomensfest.com/Home.html.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) was selected for screening at the San Francisco Frozen Film Festival, July 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.frozenfilmfestival.com.

My Girl Rose (MFA Thesis 2014 Jordan Lewis) was selected for screening and is a Finalist in the Student Narrative Contest at the March on Washington Film Festival in the nation’s capital, July 13-23. For more information about this festival, go to http://marchonwashingtonfilmfestival.org/.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) and Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger) were selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, July 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.comic-con.org<http://www.comic-con.org/>.

Hollow (BFA Thesis 2015 Kat Barnette) was selected for screening at the SoCal Clips Indie Film Fest in Pasadena, July 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.socalciff.com.

Hedge Hero (BFA Thesis 2016 Lauren Hammond) was selected for screening at the RYO Animation Showcase in Atlanta on July 28. For more information about this showcase, go to http://http://www.asifa-south.com/<http://http//www.asifa-south.com/>.

Wish Star (MFA D2 2015 Carl T. Rogers) was selected for screening at the Fantasmagorical Film Festival in Lexington, Kentucky, July 29-31. For more information about this festival, go to http://fandomfest.com/2015/01/fantasmagorical-film-festival/.

Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase) and Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) were selected for screening at the Gen Con Indy Film Festival in Indianapolis, August 4-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.gencon.com.

Lola the Great (BFA Thesis 2015 Lydia Dullinger), Built to Serve (BFAD Thesis 2015 Dylan Chase), Mystery Jones! Back in Business (BFA Thesis 2015 Paul Ramsdell), Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab), For the Record (BFA F3 2016 Justin Burt) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Comic Con Film Festival, August 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to http://tampabaycomiccon.com/convention-events/.

Byroad (BFA Thesis 2014 Raymond Calderon) was selected for screening at the Marietta International Film Festival in Atlanta on August 6. It was also nominated for Best US Short, Best Lead in a Short Film, Best Direction in a Short Film, Best Cinematography in a Short Film and Best Writing in a Short Film. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.marietta-film-festival.org/.

Thank You for the Music (MFA Thesis 2015 Spencer Frankeburger) and Reversed (MFA D2 2015 Drina Andre) were selected for screening at the WNY Film, Art, and Music Event (FAME) in Batavia, New York, August 12-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.beaveralleystudios.com/fame.html.

Pigskin (BFA Thesis 2015 Jake Hammond/Nicola Newton) was invited to screen at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival in Miami, August 12-18. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.popcornfrights.com/.

About James (MFA D2 2015 Christopher Nold) was selected for screening at the Kaleidoscope LGBT Film Festival in Little Rock, Arkansas, August 18-21. For more information about this festival, go to www.kaleidoscopefilmestival.com<http://www.kaleidoscopefilmestival.com/>.

Diana Flynn and the Sword of Sir Morris (MFA D2 2015 Phillip Thomas) was selected for screening at the inaugural Action Packed Film Festival, August 19-21. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/actionpackedfilmfestival.

Manic Pixie Dream Grind (MFA D1 2015 Ariella Yashar) was selected for screening at the Dragon Con Independent Film Festival in Atlanta, September 2-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://www.filmfest.dragoncon.org/>

Still Life (MFA F1 2015 Gabe Valbuena), My Girl Rose (MFA Thesis 2014 Jordan Lewis), You Won’t Believe What Happens Next (MFA F1 2015 Arielle Heiman) and Rehearsal (MFA D2 2054 Jennifer Silver) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Orlando, September 2-4. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com.

Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) was selected for screening at the Dragon Con Independent Film Festival in Atlanta, September 2-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmfest.dragoncon.org<http://www.filmfest.dragoncon.org/>.

Cootie Contagion (BFA Thesis 2012 Josh Smooha), Wan Mei (MFA Thesis 2015 Yiyi Yin) and Isa and the Frog Prince (MFA Thesis 2015 Yingxiang Huang) were selected for screening at the Burbank International Film Festival, September 7-11. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.burbankfilmfest.org/.

Hush (MFA Thesis 2015 Whitney Clinkscales) was selected for screening at the Depth of Field International Film Festival, an online festival on September 19. For more information about this festival, go to http://dofiff.com<http://dofiff.com/>.

Rehearsal (MFA D2 2015 Jennifer Silver) was selected for screening at the Austin Revolution Film Festival, September 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolutionfilmfest.wordpress.com<https://austinrevolutionfilmfest.wordpress.com/>.

Emma Inspired (BFA Thesis 2015 Nicole Machon/Jamie Rice) and Set in Stone (BFA Thesis 2015 Chloe Lind) were selected for screening in the late summer or early fall screening of the Iron Mule Short Comedy Screening Series in New York City. For more information about this series, go to www.iron<http://www.ironmulenyc.com/>mulenyc.com<http://www.ironmulenyc.com/>.

Finless (BFA Documentary 2015 Gabe Souza) was invited to screen at the Portuguese Surf Film Festival in Ericeira, Europe’s world surfing reserve, sometime in the near future. For more information about this festival, go to http://portuguesesurffilmfestival.com/#ericeira.

Frankenstein’s Light (MFA Thesis 2015 Saad Nawab) was selected for screening at the Hyperdrive Sci-Fi & Fantasy Independent Film Festival in Hailsham, England in October. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.hyperdrivefestival.com/.Congratulations to Ali Bell (BFA 99)  who Executive Produced the female reboot of Ghostbusters – a fine, fun time at the movies!

Meryl Warren, Director of Alumni
College of Motion Picture Arts
A5100 University Center, Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2350
850 524 0063 (cell) ;  850 644 2626 fax
mwarren at film.fsu.edu<mailto:mwarren at film.fsu.edu>
film.fsu.edu<http://film.fsu.edu/>