[Film-bfad1] [Film-BFA1] Fwd: Food + Hunger Film Festival | Invitation to Submit

Mills, Brenda bmills at admin.fsu.edu
Fri Jul 1 09:25:57 EDT 2016

Did you make a film about food or hunger?

From: "Shin Yi Chong, Palms for Life" <schong at palmsforlife.org<mailto:schong at palmsforlife.org>>
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM
To: Film School <amendez at fsu.edu<mailto:amendez at fsu.edu>>
Cc: "mlaufer at palmsforlife.org<mailto:mlaufer at palmsforlife.org>" <mlaufer at palmsforlife.org<mailto:mlaufer at palmsforlife.org>>, "hbailey at palmsforlife.org<mailto:hbailey at palmsforlife.org>" <hbailey at palmsforlife.org<mailto:hbailey at palmsforlife.org>>
Subject: Food + Hunger Film Festival | Invitation to Submit

Dear Professor Mendez,

We are organizing a short film festival called Faces of Hunger<http://facesofhunger.org/> in association with New York University (NYU) and would like to invite film students of the Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts to participate. Our topic - food issues - is touched upon in the press but we want to leave a lasting impression by using a medium our culture pays attention to: film.

It's $3 to enter and we accept films up to 40 minutes long, including those shot on mobile devices! There's a $5000 prize and 12 awards up for grabs - including best documentary, narrative and animation. Selected films will be screened at NYU on October 16, 2016, World Food Day, and live-streamed.

Our goal is to get as many submissions as possible to create a nationwide buzz about food issues in America. We’d love if you could share this with your students so they could actively share their points of views!

I have attached a one-pager containing more information, which you could share with your students. Let me know your thoughts! I am happy to discuss this further with you.

Best,

Shin Yi Chong

--
Shin Yi Chong
c 646.632.5974

[foh image signature]<http://palmsforlifefund.org/foh>

facebook<http://facebook.com/facesofhunger> | twitter<http://twitter.com/facesofhunger> | instagram<http://instagram.com/facehunger>

a Palms for Life Fund<https://www.palmsforlifefund.org> project
food, water, and education for all
4 W 43rd St, Ste 611 | New York, NY 10036
<FOH Film Festival One Pager.pdf>