[Film-bfad1] [Film-BFA1] FW: Covey Film Festival Student Short Film Documentary Contest

Mills, Brenda bmills at admin.fsu.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:36:47 EDT 2015

Here is a call for Submissions for a festival in Thomasville, just up the road. They're only taking documentaries, and they have to fit within the themes of Nature, Community or Caring…AND they can't be longer than two minutes!

The Covey Film Festival www.coveyfilmfestival.com <http://www.coveyfilmfestival.com>  in Thomasville, GA would like to invite college students to participate in our Student Short Film Competition.  The attached link has all of the information about the call for submission and our deadline is fast approaching.   I did send the link to FSU earlier this year, but perhaps it was sent to the wrong person as I just received your name from Covey Film Festival Ambassador, Valerie Scoon.

Our festival runs October 8-16th and we will have an evening of shorts comprised of many films from FSU graduates.  We would love to see some of your students participate in the competition and also attend the festival.

The shorts will be juried by our industry Ambassadors and there is a $500 first prize for the college entry.  Their film will be shown at the festival and they will be able to attend all screenings and workshops except the Gala, as our guest. They will also have the honor to add our laurels to their film as  Covey Film Festival Winner!

Thank you for sharing this information with your students.

Call for Submission - Short Film Documentary<http://coveyfilmfestival.com/submissions/>

Please contact me with further questions or comments.

Warm Regards,

Didi Hoffman
904-686-4246