[Film-bfad1] [Film-BFA1] [Warren Report] Warren Report 6.5.15

Warren, Meryl mwarren at fsu.edu
Fri Jun 5 20:39:17 EDT 2015

[Inline image 1]

address: http://tinyurl.com/FSUFILM3
password: garnet

Brenda Mills, our Festival Goddess, will be spending 9 days in Turkey on a cultural tour organized by the Atlantic Institute, a non-profit that works to facilitate dialogue and understanding between Turkey and the US. She'll be spending time in Istanbul, Konya, Kayseri and Izmir, visiting historic sites like the Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, Cappadocia, Ephesis, and the Rumi Museum and meeting journalists, religious people, academics and relief workers.

Congratulations to Max Valverde (MFA 05)!!!      “I have been appointed as Vice Minister of Culture and Youth (Costa Rica).  Great responsibilities but also opportunities to promote the arts and film. “

Congratulations to Beau DeMayo (MFA09)  who has just become a staff writer on The Originals, joining Kyle Arrington (MFA 09) who joined that writing staff a few months ago!

>From Matt Olmon (MFA  03)  “I'm starting principal photography Thursday on my first feature Drinksgiving. It's a comedy ensemble about that weird high school reunion that sometimes happens the night before Thanksgiving. We're shooting for three weeks on a micro-budget. People can follow along at our Facebook page and #drinksgiving”

>From Adam Ruckersfelt (BFA  12)  “I've always been interested in the world of voice-over and voice acting. I got to do a lot of narration and such while at FSU, and that only set the wheels in motion. I've been taking some voice-over/voice acting classes recommended by our own alum Garrard Whatley who has done some commercial voice-over work. I've really been enjoying it and I'd love to continue pursuing it even more and meet anyone involved in the industry that I can. If there is anyone out there who is a VO actor, or agents, or even audio engineers who work with voice actors a lot, I’d love to talk with you.   Email me at adamruckersfeldt at gmail.com<mailto:adamruckersfeldt at gmail.com>

>From Rob McCaffrey (MFA  99)  “I'm writing because I lost a dear colleague earlier this year. Ralph Clemente<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0166163/> produced 50 feature-length films, many of them through Valencia College's film program. Although he can never be replaced in our hearts, we're hoping to find a wonderful new colleague to continue moving our film program forward. If you would please let our FSU family know about the position, which will close later this month (June 10th is the current close date) https://valenciacollege.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=560  Our program trains students in below-the-line production jobs by partnering with film and TV producers, providing access to several grip trucks' worth of equipment and allowing students to learn by having them fill production positions and learn under the tutelage of the professional keys. This is an awesome opportunity for someone who loves networking and production. Valencia is currently building a state-of-the-art building to house the film program and there are multiple opportunities to collaborate with the near-by University of Central Florida, with Disney and Universal production stages, and with the several private production schools in Central Florida.”

>From Marissa Bergquist (BFA  02)  “NYC Job opening at Two Cats Productions.  They do PBS docs with an emphasis on Jewish history.  Somewhat eccentric environment but could be right for someone interested in docs who doesn't mind working in an admin capacity.” Contact Andrew Goldberg <Andrew at twocatstv.com<mailto:Andrew at twocatstv.com>>.

Looking for two camera persons with DSLRs or similar, and sticks, (and a lav), to film the Thursday evening presentation.  I am a filmmaker and tech guy - you can see some of my work here: Vimeo.com/seanfahey<http://vimeo.com/seanfahey>  WHEN:    Thursday June 11th, 2015, 5-6 PM.   WHERE: Domi Station 914 RAILROAD AVE,  TALLAHASSEE, FL, 32310 WAG Group (we will be in the Pub!)  Contact Sean Fahey at windowmirrorinc at gmail.com<mailto:windowmirrorinc at gmail.com>
NO FESTIVAL UPDATE TILL BRENDA RETURNS.