[Film-bfad1] [Film-bfad] F3: Tech Scouts - Locations - Casting - insurance - weapons

Stone, Jonathan jstone at fsu.edu
Wed Aug 7 08:11:28 EDT 2013

Producers/Location Managers:

I would like to remind shows 01F3 – 04F3, and now inform shows 05F3 – 10F3, of a few communications required for tech scouts, locations, and casting:

Tech Scout – Locations - Cast

Please send an email to all faculty once you've:

  *   Completed your tech scout
     *   Example Subject Line should read: 01F3: Tech Scout Complete
     *   No need for anything in the body of the email unless you have issues.
  *   Locked your locations:
     *   Example Subject Line should read: 01F3: Locations Locked
     *   No need for anything in the body of the email unless you have issues.
  *   Locked you cast:
     *    Example Subject Line should read: 01F3: Cast Locked
     *   No need for anything in the body of the email unless you have issues.

Insurance:

  *   Please submit Insurance Certificate Requests to me as soon as you lock locations. Insurance certificates ARE required for each location.

Weapons: (Shows 01F3 – 04F3 – if using weapons)

  *   Be sure to complete and submit the weapons permit application to the Film Commission (or Jonathan Dickinson State Park Office) as soon as possible. If you're using weapons in the State Park, you must ALSO provide a copy of the application to Jill at the Film Commission; remember if filming in the Park, the State Park approves the document.
  *   I need to receive the approved application no later than your production meeting.
  *   Please let me know if you are required to have an officer on set.

        ***** BE SURE I GET NOTIFIED ONCE THE WEAPONS APPLICATION GETS APPROVED**********

Please let me know if you have questions!

Thank you.

--JStone