[FCLCA] Call for Proposals FCLCA 2022 - Virtual Conference - May 18th and 19th

Bodnar, Nick J. Nicholas.Bodnar at fscj.edu
Tue Feb 22 08:08:32 EST 2022

FCLCA Call for Proposals 2022

Theme: "Refresh, Renew, Rejuvenate - The (Re)Awakening of Academic Success"

Conference Date: May 18th and 19th - Hosted virtually

Submission Deadline: April 1, 2022 by 5:00 pm

As FCLCA celebrates it's 10-year anniversary, learning centers across the country have revolutionized our approach to support services. Now more than ever, we are called on to be innovative, revitalize our best practices, and create new ways to support the students at our intuitions. This important work inspires this year's conference theme of "Refresh, Renew, Rejuvenate - The (Re)Awakening of Academic Success." The virtual format this year will allow learning center professionals, faculty, and students from higher education institutions across Florida, and the country, to share best practices and the work they are doing at their intuitions to serve diverse learners and learning needs across modalities.

For this year's conference, we invite learning center professionals to select one of three presentation options that would best align with the work they wish to share with conference participants.

Presentation Options*:

1.       Featured Presentations: These are 30-minute sessions in which the presenter(s) discuss a topic related to the conference's theme.

 2.       Workshops: These are 50-minute sessions in which the presenter(s) focus on smaller topics, involving open discussion, hands-on experiences, and audience participation.

 3.       Student Worker Q&A Panel: student workers are encouraged to sign up to participate in a 50-minute panel session; the FCLCA e-board will provide students ahead of time with a few questions to prepare for, but the majority of the panel session will be devoted to discussion with audience and answering questions on what it's like to work in a learning center as a student worker.

*You may submit more than one proposal.

 Possible topics of interest may include but are not limited to:

*         Employee Supervision: Managing, hiring, recruiting, and/or paying tutors

*         Student Engagement: Increasing attendance, getting students involved in sessions, increasing employee engagement, etc.

*         Data: Best practices, new processes, recommendations, brainstorming, etc.

*         Online Tutoring: Best practices, training processes, software experiences, etc.

*         Integrating Professional Tutors into your Team

*         Professional Development: For student workers, professional employees, internships, research, etc.

*         Technology: Best practices, favorite software, how you use technology, etc.

*         Tutor Training: Training styles, CRLA, training materials, onboarding, etc.

*         Motivation: For students, student workers, professional staff, etc.

*         Mental Health in the Learning Center: Supporting employees, leveraging campus resources, etc.

*         Round Table Discussions: Partner with other institutions and learning centers to share multiple perspectives on a single topic

*         Any topic of interest not listed here!

Click here to submit!<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/bsLJ8RCe9Qx1bDG59__;!!PhOWcWs!iUMiSGEbDKhxFrEFzTdMBZJcPZk2oIAb1GqVtMCUAkfH5DU1n_FRvpcS9QMlog2U7Q$ >

Nicholas Bodnar
President of FCLCA
nicholas.bodnar at fscj.edu