[FCLCA] FW: Lead Learning Center Coordinator- Position # 22912
shamon at admin.fsu.edu
Fri Jan 5 10:23:59 EST 2018
A position vacancy at FAMU...details below!
Sara Hamon, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Florida State University
University Center A, Suite 3600
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2436
From: Williams, Tamaria [mailto:tamaria.williams at famu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 3:33 PM
To: Sara Hamon <shamon at admin.fsu.edu>
Subject: Lead Learning Center Coordinator- Position # 22912
Happy New Year Dr. Hamon,
Could you please share this posting with the NCLCA Listserv?
Position Vacancy Announcement
Position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Title: Coordinator, Academic Affairs (Learning Centers Coordinator)
Position Number: 22912 (A&P)
Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,232
Location: Undergraduate Student Success Center
Deadline Date: 1/19/2018
Description: The Coordinator, Academic Support Services (Learning Centers Coordinator) is responsible for the coordination of university- wide tutorial services to increase the retention, progression and graduation rates of students.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of prior instructional experience or tutorial lab coordination experience; or a master degree in appropriate area of specialization. Preference will be given to applicant with master's degree in appropriate area of specialization; One (1) year of supervisory experience; One (1) year of data collection and reporting; and one (1) year of tutoring/learning center experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following:
* Identifies, recruits, trains, supervises tutors and on-site center coordinators;
* Oversees scheduling of center facilities, classrooms, and online services for instructors, staff, and students;
* Coordinates office supply orders; oversees organization of department collections including syllabi, books, videos, and hardware/software inventories;
* Monitors budget expenditures for the learning centers;
* Assesses program participants to determine the types of academic support needed;
* Administers and interprets survey instruments measuring the effectiveness of tutorial labs by program participants;
* Develops and maintains records, collects data, and prepares periodic reports and materials to document the use and effectiveness of the tutorial labs by program participants;
* Provides information in response to questions from various departments, students, faculty, and public; interprets policies, procedures and regulations;
* Orientates program participants in the effective utilization of tutorial services;
* Develops Tutor Manual, newsletter, brochures, and other materials regarding university-wide tutorial services;
* Develops and facilitates workshops at least three (3) times per academic year to familiarize tutors with proper lab etiquette, train tutors on department adopted computer programs; and
* Proctors out of class exams.
Note: An official college transcript, a high school diploma, or other educational documents must be submitted, where applicable, at the time of employment. Salary is based on educational background, work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
How to Apply: Click "Apply Now". (If you are an employee applying, you must first login using your FAMNETID from the iRattler Signon website.)
What to Submit Online: Submit all applicable information including work history and all education details.
Deadline Date: Applications will be received until the deadline date.
Proof of Identity and Employment Eligibility: Only United States (U.S.) citizens or aliens who have a legal right to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment. Federal law requires proof of your authorization to work in the United States. You will be required to provide proof of your identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of employment.
Selective Service System Registration: Section 110.1128, Florida Statutes, prohibits employment by the State (including re-hire after a break in service) of any male born after October 1, 1962, who failed to register with the Selective Service System, under the provisions of the U.S. Military Selective Service Act, during the person's period of eligibility (ages 18 through 25). Additionally, if currently employed by the State, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. You may be required to provide documentation.
Reference Checks and Background Screenings: Reference Checks and background screenings are conditions of employment.
Equal Opportunity/Equal Access University: Florida A&M University is an Equal Opportunity Employer including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you require a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act (ADAA), please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs at (850) 599-3076 at least ten (10) days prior to the start of the event.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FCLCA