[FCLCA] Fwd: 2018 College Life Coaching Institute Proposal Invitation

Sara Hamon shamon at admin.fsu.edu
Mon Feb 26 11:12:07 EST 2018

SENT ON BEHALF OF LASHAE ROBERTS:

Greetings!

My name is LaShae Roberts and I am an Assistant Director with Florida State University’s Advising First department and I manage the Center for College Life Coaching.  As our center works to support student retention in higher education, we are hosting our third annual College Life Coaching Institute at FSU on June 6-8, 2018.  Last year, our institute welcomed over 60 participants from 27 different institutions to learn together about coaching; and this year we hope to continue expanding our collaborations.

As a valued collaborator yourself, we invite you to submit a presentation proposal for a workshop on your experiences related to coaching.  Proposals will be evaluated based on relevance to current issues in coaching and/or student support, applicability to participants work in higher education, and relevance to this year’s theme – “On your mark.  Get set.  CONNECT!”  This theme will encourage participants to build their foundation of connection to strengthen students’ commitment to their institutions, since research demonstrates that retention increases when students feel connected to their campus community.  Workshops will be 1 hour in length and each can have up to two presenters.

If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please click the link below to do so by Friday, March 30th.

https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_82Jihuws5HFNKoR

                We hope to be able to communicate the results of our proposal reviews by early April to allow ample time for presenters to prepare.  In the meantime, you can find more information on the institute here: advisingfirst.fsu.edu/clci2018<http://advisingfirst.fsu.edu/clci2018>; and if you have any questions, please contact LaShae Roberts at lroberts at admin.fsu.edu<mailto:lroberts at admin.fsu.edu>.  We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Shae

LaShae Roberts, M.S.
Assistant Director, Advising First