[FCLCA] NCLCA Emergency Relief Grant

Betancourt, Zoraya zbetancourt at usf.edu
Mon Sep 18 10:45:56 EDT 2017

Hi everyone! Hope that as you are reading this email that you and your loved ones fared well through hurricane Irma. As we try to get back to normal, some of you may have thought about ways of giving back to our hardest stricken communities. The board of the National College Learning Center Association would like to remind you of their efforts in supporting learning centers in the flooded areas with at least $10,000 in grants.

NCLCA Emergency Relief Grant
Recognizing that our members will suffer due to natural disasters and lose much of the gathered material used in supporting student success, the NCLCA has established this grant aimed to help replace material quickly. A representative of the affected institution, where an established learning center exists, is welcome to apply for this grant of between $500-$1000. The funds will be disbursed to an individual, rather than the institution, shortly after the application is assessed and approved using either Paypal or check. We hope this will be used to quickly alleviate some needs aimed at supporting your students. A final report identifying replacements is expected within one month of disbursement, maximum 1 page, submitted electronically to the Treasurer. If you are aware of someone who needs to apply for this, please let them know to contact David Reedy, NCLCA Treasurer, dreedy at ncu.edu<mailto:dreedy at ncu.edu>, in order to receive application material (it is very simple).

Because this Grant has just been established, during our upcoming conference in San Antonio in under 1 month, we will be conducting a Silent Auction of donated items during the event, along with our usual raffles with all proceeds directed to this grant. We plan to supplement the needed funds from our treasury as appropriate. If you would like to donate an item (maybe you are crafty, or artistic, or ???), please directly contact Dana Jablonski, JABLONSK at mailbox.sc.edu<mailto:JABLONSK at mailbox.sc.edu>, or if you would like to make monetary donations go to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__squareup.com_store_nclca&d=DwIFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LQPdspFAgS73hAQ9g9_nNP1teSM23Bed0-a7URkhpDA&m=2FVUt2o3-CkMB_6dlGCEk18-dgmdFm53vvD0d05B9bc&s=zObMJHA5QL-Uj2Ww_m1moOtKTX_xd9LUO2bFQFEY9G4&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com_-3Furl-3Dhttps-253A-252F-252Fsquareup.com-252Fstore-252Fnclca-26data-3D02-257C01-257CRebecca.Piety-2540ucf.edu-257C88d2b36a5a534578bebf08d4f12ea39e-257Cbb932f15ef3842ba91fcf3c59d5dd1f1-257C0-257C0-257C636398629996919906-26sdata-3DnRLAi7Em8EatKAIkOwn5NzcWAHuwmRuzdF1lOjsAe3M-253D-26reserved-3D0&d=DwIFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=LQPdspFAgS73hAQ9g9_nNP1teSM23Bed0-a7URkhpDA&m=2FVUt2o3-CkMB_6dlGCEk18-dgmdFm53vvD0d05B9bc&s=Os8mE2o4C8Sxl7qS2Jc92HXfdZ6eob7aW0_uvcYDyJg&e= > or directly contact David Reedy.
With any questions, please do not reply to the entire list, but directly to me.

Thanks for your support of our project to help the flooded learning centers continue working to support student success.
David Reedy, PhD
NCLCA Treasurer