[FCLCA] Please Share the News & Help Recruit - Co-Director, The Mentoring Project at FAU
bebergal at fau.edu
Mon Aug 1 12:14:33 EDT 2016
Happy Monday FCLCA from the OWLS of FAU!
Please assist us in sharing this position with colleagues who you believe might be a great fit and/or within your professional networks. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or Katie Burke, Assistant Dean for LEAD and Service Learning.
Florida Atlantic University is pleased to announce the posting of 1 position as part of our comprehensive mentoring project designed to provide structured and intentional mentoring support to targeted populations of incoming first-year and transfer students as well as support existing mentoring initiatives across FAU.
The position is:
* Associate Director (working title: Co-director), Student Mentoring Programs
This collaborative project led by both Academic and Student Affairs is looking for an individual to co-lead all aspects for implementation of the mentoring program, Connections, and partner with all mentoring initiatives across the institution. This is a 12 month a year, professional staff position with full benefits.
Please share the announcement below with any colleagues who you feel might be interested.
Florida Atlantic University has created The Mentoring Project initiative with its own Connections program that is a cross-division collaboration between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs. This collaboration requires two innovative and highly motivated co-directors to lead all aspects for implementation and management of the mentoring program while continually enhancing existing university-wide mentoring initiatives/programs and institutionalizing best practices and improvements. We are recruiting now to fill one of these positions.
The Associate Director/Co-director will co-report to the Assistant Dean for Retention and Academic Support and the Assistant Dean for LEAD & Service-Learning. The co-directors will oversee the Project and be responsible for recruiting mentees and mentors (faculty, staff and peer) to join mentoring programs geared towards student development and success.
Through collaboration the co-directors will:
* Implement and manage the "Connections" Mentoring Program, targeting "at-risk" students. This program will provide intensive and structured mentoring experiences by a combination of University faculty/staff, trained peer mentors, and Mentoring Project staff.
* Provide oversight and support of student mentees
* Inventory existing mentoring programs, the populations they target, and best practices and opportunities for growth/improvement within these existing programs.
* Support the coordination of the FAU Mentoring Council to provide an opportunity for leaders of the myriad mentoring experiences offered across campus to build partnerships and share resources.
* Support development of processes to identify, recruit and train potential peer and faculty/staff mentors as well as the graduate assistants and program assistant for the Mentoring Project.
* Develop and support a comprehensive website to make our audiences aware of the mentoring opportunities provided.
* Work as a hands-on mentor to a small caseload of mentees.
* Keep current on all aspects of existing mentoring programs to be able to identify gaps and opportunities, as well as keep current on best practices in mentoring within higher education and how those best practices may be implemented at FAU.
* Collect, analyze, and disseminate data regarding outcomes for both students who are mentored as well as outcomes for mentors and report these to internal and external
* constituencies as appropriate.
A Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four (4) years of appropriate experience required. Experience in advising, mentoring, academic coaching, working with at-risk college students, and/or program development is strongly preferred. Experience working with and a demonstrated sensitivity to understanding the needs and concerns of a diverse student population preferred. Demonstrated ability to form partnerships and effectively build and lead teams is essential for success in this position. Demonstrated ability to develop interpersonal and organizational relationships. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and assess programs preferred. Strong presentation skills, excellent verbal and written communication required. Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to pay special attention to detail required.
To apply for the position, please visit http://jobs.fau.edu and search for position 990706 or go directly to jobs.fau.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61456. APPLICATION DEADLINE is August 11 with an anticipated start date in September.
All the best,
Katie & Jennifer
Katie G. Burke | Assistant Dean
Weppner Center for LEAD & Service-Learning
Division of Student Affairs | Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road, SS-8, 224 | 561.297.6744<tel:561.297.3798>
Jennifer Bebergal, Ed.D.
Assistant Dean for Retention and Academic Support
Center for Learning And Student Success (CLASS)
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road, GS 223
Boca Raton, FL 33431
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FCLCA