[Epls-r-users] Challenge Problem of the Week

Russell Almond ralmond at admin.fsu.edu
Sun Oct 27 19:55:44 EDT 2019

Last week we discussed the idea of doing challenge problems in R group.

Here is the challenge problem for Friday Nov 1.

Beginner Mode)

Write R code to test if a vector of numbers is increasing or decreasing.  Test you code to make sure it works.

R User Mode)

Write R functions to test if a vector is increasing, decreasing, non-increasing or non-decreasing.  Write test code for the functions.

Power User Mode)

Write an R function to test if a vector is monotonic, if it is monotonic, then it should also indicate whether the vector is increasing or decreasing.  Write test cases.

I'll create a discussion board for these.

This problem actually came up in something I was doing, so I have solutions to share.

-------

After that, I'm going to look into building exercises using R Markdown.  Maybe we can turn Wenyi's ggplot talk into an interactive tutorial.

    --Russell