[Eoas-seminar] [Seminar-announce] Scientific Computing Colloquium with Gordon Erlebacher

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 8 09:45:33 EDT 2023

"Live use of AI tools for research and education"

(back by popular demand)

Gordon Erlebacher
Department of Scientific Computing
Florida State University (FSU)

NOTE: Please feel free to forward/share this invitation with other groups/disciplines that might be interested in this talk/topic. All are welcome to attend.

Note: Zoom access is for non-departmental participants only.

https://fsu.zoom.us/j/94273595552
Meeting # 942 7359 5552

Colloquium recordings will be made available here,
https://www.sc.fsu.edu/colloquium

Wednesday, Seb 13th, 2023, Schedule:

* 3:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Nespresso & Teatime - 417 DSL Commons

* 3:30 to 4:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Colloquium - 499 DSL Seminar Room

Abstract:

Last week, I gave an overview of the AI landscape in the first half of 2023, emphasizing useful tools to enhance education and research: GPT, Claude, and Perplexity. In this presentation, I will develop examples to demonstrate the usefulness of these tools live, seeking active participation from the audience to challenge the capabilities of the AIs.

Additional colloquium details can be found here,
https://www.sc.fsu.edu/news-and-events/seminars/1747-colloquium-with-gordon-erlebacher-2023-09-13