[Eoas-seminar] COAPS Short Seminar Series

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Wed Mar 31 09:23:16 EDT 2021

These talks are usually scheduled for the first Monday of each month.
The first talk normally starts at 11:00AM; however this month we will
start at 11:10 because we have only two speakers and the second speaker
has a time conflict.  Each talk is typically 12 minutes long (similar to
many professional meetings), with 8 minutes for questions.

These talks will be presented via Zoom, with the following connection
information:
https://fsu.zoom.us/j/98491660566?pwd=NzBxNzN4LzdsbSs4R3B6RzliOGhhdz09

Meeting ID: 984 9166 0566
Passcode: 478314
<https://fsu.zoom.us/j/99581068787?pwd=UVQvOXVIVjVMaXQ3UTdXeGo5Y1VCZz09>

April 5th

John Uehling: TBA

Yang Wang: Barotropic vorticity balance of the Ross gyre in B-SOSE data

Ross Gyre by analyzing the barotropic vorticity balance.

May 3rd

Renee Richardson: /A Newly Developed Form Drag Derived from Sea Spray
Influenced Surface Wind Stress at Hurricane Force Winds/

of the major physical processes impacting hurricane intensity. Sea spray
is suspected of playing a major role on the drag under hurricane wind
conditions. In this study, we investigate the impact of a newly
parameterized sea spray generation mechanism on drag, as well as total
surface stress, under hurricane force winds. I will be discussing our
findings on the spray influenced surface stresses.