[Eoas-seminar] Next meeting of the EOAS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Jan 14 09:23:44 EST 2021

Dear EOAS,

The next meeting of the EOAS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is Weds, Feb. 10th at 9 am: https://fsu.zoom.us/j/95012240764

All are welcome to attend. Topics to be discussed include input from the postdocs for improving recruitment and retention of a diverse postdoctoral community in the dept.

Additionally, the DEI Committee, with feedback from Michelle Douglas, FSU's Chief Diversity Officer, have written the statement below affirming our commitment as a department to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This is a "living" document and reflects the consensus of the committee.

At EOAS we continuously work to create an inclusive department that fully reflects the diverse community we serve. We seek to accomplish this by recruiting a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and promoting and strengthening under-represented groups within EOAS.  Here, we build on an inclusive culture in which difference is welcomed and valued. We embrace the responsibility of providing and nurturing an affirming climate that supports and celebrates individual identities across a broad spectrum while ensuring equitable treatment. We strongly believe that different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences drive creativity and innovation, and deliver better results.

We have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination of any kind. At EOAS everyone is welcome! FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf

Sincerely,

Angie Knapp

--
Angela Knapp

Associate Professor

Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science Building, Room 5007

Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science Dept.
Florida State University

Shipping Address:
Florida State University
EOAS Dept., Room 2013, 1011 Academic Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4520
Office: (850) 644-0259
anknapp at fsu.edu<mailto:anknapp at fsu.edu>

http://myweb.fsu.edu/anknapp/