[Eoas-seminar] EOAS Colloquium Speaker Friday Oct 30 at 3:30

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Mon Oct 26 10:09:08 EDT 2020

Please join us on zoom for this week's colloquium speaker on Friday Oct
30th at 3:30 pm:

Dr. Rhys Parfitt, of EOAS, FSU

*Does the extra-tropical ocean significantly impact mid-latitude weather
and climate?*

The answer to this question remains somewhat controversial within the
atmospheric and oceanic communities. In the first half of the talk, I
provide a review of the general arguments made for and against the
oceanic role and summarize why there has been a strong resurgence in
research interest in recent years. In the second half, I propose a new
framework that I believe resolves many open questions from the past
decade and shows that the extra-tropical ocean is indeed critical in
shaping both mid-latitude weather and climate.

Topic: EOAS Seminar 30th October
Time: Oct 30, 2020 03:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://fsu.zoom.us/j/99882607273

Meeting ID: 998 8260 7273