[Eoas-seminar] Seminar today at 3:30 PM

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Nov 19 09:57:39 EST 2020

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that we have a seminar today in the MET seminar series. Prof. Eric Winsberg of the University of South Florida will be the speaker. The title, abstract and Zoom link of this talk are as following:

Title: Why study solar radiation management? A case study in the cost of acquiring new evidence

Abstract: Recently, research into the possibilities of developing SRM and other geoengineering technologies has gained new momentum. Just this year, Cambridge University announced the opening of a “Centre for Climate Repair” as part of the university’s Carbon Neutral Futures Initiative. A recent paper published in Nature gives hope that SRM could confer more benefits than previously thought.  But opposition to even conducting research into SRM remains strong.   I use the case study of SRM to develop a framework for thinking about the benefits and costs of acquiring new evidence and for thinking about the conditions under which
new evidence could be harmful.

Zoom Link: https://fsu.zoom.us/j/93245899857?pwd=QytBQS9yb1RpbGJEb0cyUGMwOTlQUT09

More detailed Zoom information is also appended.

Best,

Zhaohua

Zhaohua Wu is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Eric Winsberg's Seminar
Time: Nov 19, 2020 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://fsu.zoom.us/j/93245899857?pwd=QytBQS9yb1RpbGJEb0cyUGMwOTlQUT09

Meeting ID: 932 4589 9857
Passcode: 605118
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,93245899857# US (Washington D.C)
+16465588656,,93245899857# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)