[Eoas-seminar] Maggie Vogel Ph.D. defense Monday July 13th at 1:00 EDT

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Sun Jul 12 16:21:53 EDT 2020

Olivia Mason and I are very pleased to announce that Maggie Vogel will
be defending her Ph.D. dissertation titled “Determinants of microbial
community composition and diversity in the phyllosphere of the seagrass
Thalassia testudinum” on Monday July 13th at 1:00 EDT.  Maggie has spent
the last few years applying her love of microbiology to understanding
the communities found on the leaf surfaces of turtle grass, an
ecological and economically critical coastal marine plant.  Her research
includes observation studies, reciprocal transplants in the field, and a
large tank study to determine how the microbial community varies with
environmental conditions of the plant.

We will run this in the new “covid19 fashion”.  You may sign onto the
link below anytime after 12:30 pm on Monday and I will let people in
from the waiting room.  We ask that you turn off your video and mute
your microphone during her talk.  At any time during the talk, you are
encouraged to write questions for Maggie in the chat function in zoom —
I will sort through these and ask her questions at the end of her talk.
If you want to ask a question yourself at the end of her talk, just turn
on your video and microphone and get our attention.

Hope you are all safe and well and look forward to “seeing” you on Monday.

Tom Miller

&

Olivia Mason
_____________________________

Thomas Miller is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Vogel Defense
Time: Jul 13, 2020 12:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://fsu.zoom.us/j/95736982910

Meeting ID: 957 3698 2910
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,95736982910# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,95736982910# US (New York)

Dial by your location
         +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
         +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
         +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)