[Eoas-seminar] Tropical Storm Prediction Intern - Spire Global - Boulder, CO

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Tue Feb 25 14:00:12 EST 2020

Hello to all,

Please see the document attached for an internship opportunity with Spire Global this summer in Boulder, CO.
[https://spire.com/uploads/metadata/images/homethumb.jpg]<https://spire.com/en>
Space to Cloud Data & Analytics — Spire<https://spire.com/en>
Despite how safe the skies are, there are still large regions of the Earth where aircraft fall completely off the radar. In the wake of the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines 370, there is a renewed sense of urgency to establish new methods of aircraft surveillance to fill those gaps.
spire.com
Spire Global is looking for an Atmospheric Sciences student who is interested in using models to predict the track of tropical storms. Their Numerical Weather Prediction team, led by Alexander MacDonald, uses high-quality global RO data collected by their constellation of nano-satellites to improve weather forecast accuracy.

IF INTERESTED CONTACT DIRECTLY SHAUNA HUGHES, US Technical Recruiter - SPIRE GLOBAL.
Email resume and letter of interest to shauna.hughes at spire.com by March 30th.

www.spire.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.spire.com/__;!!PhOWcWs!jFSEOkZ5YA8tBqrsWQDyaNWkkidXDbB4HdlvJArNMWyBQfyNUiOGnqTIyWtfDtQ$>

A Peek Inside Spire's Satellite Engineering<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNYsRsVLIk&t=12__;!!PhOWcWs!jFSEOkZ5YA8tBqrsWQDyaNWkkidXDbB4HdlvJArNMWyBQfyNUiOGnqTI8q5VEvI$>

Thank you.

Barbara Bradley
Outreach Coordinator FSU-EOAS
850-645-7433
EOAS building - 3011

If I am not in the office, please send me an email and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

[cid:a8f7b2ec-4bb9-4e64-9bdc-81f948bdb88c]<https://www.eoas.fsu.edu/>
https://www.facebook.com/FSUEOAS/
https://www.instagram.com/fsueoas/
https://twitter.com/FSU_EOAS

"The most abject impotence often hides itself under the cloak of art. I am much more moved by a human action than by all the museums in the world. There are only two kinds of people: the ones who have a soul and the ones who don't" - Miró