[Eoas-seminar] Congratulations 2019 ASLO Awardees!

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Tue Dec 18 10:13:50 EST 2018

Colleagues,

I’m pleased to announce that Prof. Robert G. M. Spencer of the Department of EOAS and the Geochemistry Program at the NHMFL has been recognized by the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) as the 2019 Yentsch-Schindler Award recipient. Rob is recognized for his research to:

“understand the fate of organic matter released from terrestrial systems into freshwater and marine systems. In order to understand these complex dynamics, he employs advanced organic matter characterization techniques in areas that are difficult to reach and work in, but critical to study. In his quest to better understand anthropogenic impacts on the global carbon cycle, Spencer has undertaken diverse studies ranging from examining the fate of organic carbon released from glacial melting and permafrost thawing, to assessing the impacts of pristine land conversion on carbon export in watersheds like the Congo and Amazon. Spencer’s dedication to understanding these geochemical processes has impressively led to greater than 100 manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals which to-date have been cited over 6,300 times, and includes 52 manuscripts published in the last four years”.

Rob is also recognized for his dedication to teaching and mentoring including "innovative programs for middle school students”.

The complete citation is a pleasure to read: https://aslo.org/page/2019-yentsch-schindler-award?source=5

Please join me in congratulating Rob on this recognition.

Munir.

Munir Humayun
Professor
Department of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science
	& National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
Florida State University
1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, FL32310
(850) 644-1908