[Eoas-seminar] MS thesis defense.

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Fri Mar 18 14:06:53 EDT 2016

Oceanography Thesis Defense

Erica Rau

March 21, 2016

10:00am

499DSL

Title: The use of stable isotopes as natural hydrologic tracers in a
Florida Springshed

Major Professors  Yang Wang and Jeff Chanton

--
jeff chanton
Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science,

"We must forcefully reject the notion that our being created in God's image
and given dominion over the earth justifies absolute domination over other
creatures.  The Bible has no place for a tyrannical anthropocentricism."
Pope Francis.

The ocean is a desert with its life underground and the perfect disguise
above.

America, 1972

Germanicus’s way was always to refuse to think evil of any person until
positive proof of such evil should be forced on him, and, on the contrary,
to credit everyone with the highest motives.  This extreme simplicity was
generally of service to him.  Most people with whom he came in contact were
flattered by his high estimate of their moral character and tended in their
dealing with him to live up to it.  If he were ever to find himself at the
mercy of a downright wicked character, this generosity of heart would of
course be his undoing; but on the other hand, if any man had good in him
Germanicus always seemed to bring it out.

Robert Graves.   From I, Claudius, the biography of Tiberius Claudius