[Eoas-seminar] Fri May 29 @ 12:30 brown bag seminar: Observational Methods in Physical Oceanography - Elizabeth Simons

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Mon May 18 15:45:50 EDT 2015

We will have a gfdi student seminar at 12:30pm on Friday May 29, 2015 in
the Melvin Stern Seminar Room, 018 Keen Building
<http://gfdi.fsu.edu/location>.  The gfdi student seminars discuss
topics in fluid dynamics and its applications ranging from mathematics,
meteorology, oceanography, the Earth sciences, engineering, and
astrophysics.

Brown bag seminar:  Bring your own lunch!  We will also be buying some
pizza to share, so if you would like to join in, bring $5 and RSVP to
the facebook event <https://www.facebook.com/events/1105697316112019/>,
or to this email.

Elizabeth Simons - "*Observational Methods in Physical Oceanography*"
This will be a general interest talk for those interested in the methods
physical oceanographers use to study the world's ocean currents,
circulation, and climate: Ships and instruments, global observation
programs, hydrography, inversion, tracers, and more.

Join the gfd seminar mailing list here:
Past presentations and a preliminary schedule can be found here:
http://gfdi.fsu.edu/Seminar/

Thanks,
The Organizers