[FSU ALERT - Auxiliaries and Contractors] Flooding / Severe Weather - FSU Situation Report - 2/25/13 2:30PM

Bujak, David R. dbujak at admin.fsu.edu
Mon Feb 25 14:37:28 EST 2013

FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
Emergency Management Team

Situation Report
Issued 2/25/13 2:30PM

Incident: Flooding and Severe Weather Threat

SUMMARY:
But wait! There's more!  Some light rain showers will linger this afternoon before the "Grand Finale" comes through overnight in the form of a squall line of severe thunderstorms.  As detailed in the attached briefing document from the National Weather Service, we expect a strong squall line to pass through the Tallahassee area roughly between 4 and 7 a.m.  This squall line will bring an additional 2-3 inches of rainfall, potentially damaging wind gusts, and also an isolated tornado.

As is typical this time of year, our drying out period this week will come at the expense of some much cooler temperatures with lows near freezing and high's barely reaching 60.

>>--Dave Bujak--,,>
Emergency Management Coordinator
Florida State University

1021 Atomic Way - Carothers Hall 1200 - Tallahassee, FL 32306-4481
(850) 644-7055 Office. (850) 694-3212 Mobile
DBujak at fsu.edu<mailto:DBujak at fsu.edu> Email
http://safety.fsu.edu/EmergencyManagement Web Site

Past Chair, International Association of Emergency Managers USA, Universities and Colleges Caucus http://iaem.com/committees/ucc