[Discipuli] Undergraduate Classics Journal Seeks Submissions

James Sickinger jsicking at fsu.edu
Thu Jan 28 06:43:15 EST 2021

Dear Classics majors,

The undergraduate journal of Classics at the University of Chicago is seeking submissions; see the message below for the types of work they publish and submission information

Sincerely,
Dr Sickinger

Dear Colleagues,

Animus, the undergraduate Classical journal of the University of Chicago, is currently reading submissions for our inaugural Spring 2021 issue. Pieces must be submitted by March 15, 2021 to be considered for this publication cycle.

We welcome undergraduate work on the Classical world, from mediums including but not limited to academic papers, translations, creative writing, and visual art, whether you are majoring in Classics or not. This issue of our journal will be published online.

Academic papers will exclusively be published in our journal while translations and creative submissions may be published in either the journal or on our online blog, which is open to submissions year-round.

Pieces may be submitted via this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_pu9Gkcf6gzzAMzovcOL9OInDIbPoOOaIpCbJXlroniRyMw/viewform>. Full submission guidelines and information about formatting can be found on our website here. We will notify you by mid-late April if your piece has been accepted for publication.

Please email us at animus at uchicago.edu<mailto:animus at uchicago.edu> with any questions you may have. We hope you will consider submitting your work to our journal and spreading the word to others who may be interested!

Warmly,
The Animus Editorial Board

Animus, the undergraduate Classical journal of the University of Chicago, publishes outstanding original work in the Classics and related fields. Supporting the study of the Classical world through multiple platforms—our journal and our online blog—we seek to present wide-ranging undergraduate scholarship to a broad audience. Publishing not only academic papers but also translations, creative works, and visual art, we endeavor to create a dialogue between traditional and reception-based approaches to scholarship on ancient cultures and the Classical world. We hope to provide fellow undergraduate Classicists with the opportunity to have their works reviewed by peers in their field, both to their benefit and to the wider improvement of Classical scholarship.