[Discipuli] Workshop on Applying to Graduate School in Classics

James Sickinger jsicking at fsu.edu
Tue Oct 20 05:55:40 EDT 2020

Dear Classics Majors,

Are you interested in graduate study in Classics, Classical Archaeology, Ancient History, or a related field?

Eta Sigma Phi, the undergraduate Classics honorary society, will be hosting a Zoom workshop this week on "Graduate Study in Classics"

The workshop will take place on Friday, October 23, at 12:00 noon.

It will cover applying to graduate school and what to expect when starting graduate study.

Guest speaker will be Melanie Godsey, PhD student in Classical Archaeology at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Melanie holds a B.A. in Classical Archaeology, History, and Latin from F.S.U. and an M.A. in Classical Archaeology from the University of Colorado.

The forum will be held on Zoom. To register, please visit:

https://fsu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0od--opjotHNPYJaB9tqMPiFcAd_AV65MV

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the meeting.

Questions? Please contact Grace Robbins (gar18 at my.fsu.edu<mailto:gar18 at my.fsu.edu>), Eta Sigma Phi president; or Dr James Sickinger (jsicking at fsu.edu<mailto:jsicking at fsu.edu>), chapter advisor