[Discipuli] Lunch with visiting speaker Dr. Erich Gruen, Thurs. 10/5

Jessica Clark jhclark at fsu.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:20:45 EDT 2017

Dear Classics majors,

Dr. Erich Gruen, an emeritus professor of ancient history from UC Berkeley, will be delivering this year's Betty Hunter Memorial Lecture at 5:00 pm, Thursday Oct. 5.

There will be a small reception before his talk, 4:00 pm on the Dodd Hall landing, to which you are all invited.

I would also like to invite any interested students to take Dr. Gruen to lunch Thursday 10/5 (paid for by the Hunter Endowment, which is specifically for bringing great Classicists to meet our undergrads!). He's a terrifically influential scholar and also very, very nice.

If you are interested (don't be shy!!), email me at jhclark at fsu.edu with any Thursday schedule-constraints (we can work around class times). Hope to see you at the talk next week,

Prof. Clark

Jessica H. Clark

Assistant Professor of Classics

325 Dodd Hall

Florida State University

Tallahassee, FL 32306-1510

Florida's public records laws are broad, and written communications to or from this email address are public records and may be made available to third parties upon request.